• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football: Things YOU Would Change

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please put Alabama in the MWC so we can sleep our way into the playoffs every year.

I mean, hell if you are going to reward teams for playing in easy conferences, why not Alabama? Who in the hell wants to play in the SEC conference when you can be treated equally while playing ez mode?

this x 1000000000000000000000000000

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I request that you all ignore my posts in this thread as apparently I am inebriated.

Good day sirs. :yo:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HAD the perfect system, and this will be the last time I ever post this. It is just frustrating to watch morons fuck up something that was So Fucking easy.

All Conferences for Div1a football will have no fewer than 10 schools and no more than 10 schools. So 10 Schools.
There shall only be 8 Conferences.
That is 80 schools with a Chance to win the National Title to start the Season, more than in NCAA basketball or baseball.
This is how the season works.
Season
CCG, 1st round (8 Conference Winners play Each other)
CCG, 2nd Round (4 CCG winner play each other)
Bowls (all but the 2 schools in the NTGame will be in Bowls)
National Title Games (The Two winners if the CCG rounds play for the NT)

This is how I would do the Conferences.
Pac 10
Arizona
Arizona State
California
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Washington
Washington State

MWC
Utah
Boise State
Colorado
Colorado State
TCU
San Diego State
Wyoming
Nevada
New Mexico
BYU

Big12-2
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Baylor
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Nebraska
Missouri
Kansas
Kansas State

Big 10
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Ohio State
Purdue
Wisconsin
Northwestern

ACC
Georgia Tech
Florida State
Maryland
Virginia
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Clemson
Wake Forest
Duke
South Carolina

Big East
Penn State
Pittsburgh
Virginia Tech
Boston College
West Virginia
Louisville
UConn
Syracuse
Rutgers
Miami (Fla)

SEC
Alabama
Auburn
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
LSU
Florida
Georgia
Tennessee
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

Left Overs
Arkansas
Iowa State
Notre Dame
Cincinnati
South Florida
Add whatever you want, it does not even matter because it will never happen.

But this would have been Perfect. We get a REAL Playoff, not a TOURNAMENT(Playoffs are earned by Math, Tournaments are groups that are SELECTED), and a REAL Bowl Season, as well as a REAL National Title Winner....

Holy Fuck for all that is holy, that could be the worst idea I've ever seen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxuTyXQHqkI]Jump to Conclusions Mat - YouTube[/ame]

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HAD the perfect system, and this will be the last time I ever post this. It is just frustrating to watch morons fuck up something that was So Fucking easy.

All Conferences for Div1a football will have no fewer than 10 schools and no more than 10 schools. So 10 Schools.
There shall only be 8 Conferences.
That is 80 schools with a Chance to win the National Title to start the Season, more than in NCAA basketball or baseball.
This is how the season works.
Season
CCG, 1st round (8 Conference Winners play Each other)
CCG, 2nd Round (4 CCG winner play each other)
Bowls (all but the 2 schools in the NTGame will be in Bowls)
National Title Games (The Two winners if the CCG rounds play for the NT)

But this would have been Perfect. We get a REAL Playoff, not a TOURNAMENT(Playoffs are earned by Math, Tournaments are groups that are SELECTED), and a REAL Bowl Season, as well as a REAL National Title Winner....

I like the concept. However, there are a lot more than 80 NCAA basketball teams with a chance to win the National Title when the season begins.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want a college football season where the average teams have a shot to win the conference even after sucking it up all year. The idea of having a conference tournament at the end of the year is fucking stupid....JUST MY OPINION.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 team NCAA playoff format for the yearly CHAMPIONSHIP...that's it.

Please team me how you can have a playoff when you PICK fucking schools to participate??????

There is no Opinion in the NFL playoffs, the NFL does not PICK teams based on Opinion. Not one persons stupid ass power rankings will be used to decide the best team in Football... That is a playoff.

If you want to use Bias to choose between schools, than that is a Tournament.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please team me how you can have a playoff when you PICK fucking schools to participate??????

There is no Opinion in the NFL playoffs, the NFL does not PICK teams based on Opinion. Not one persons stupid ass power rankings will be used to decide the best team in Football... That is a playoff.

If you want to use Bias to choose between schools, than that is a Tournament.

The NFL has 36(?) teams. This year we have 125 teams in Div1, with more coming in next year.

It's not the same thing.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16-team tournament

Auto-bid for all conference winners.

Remaining spots are the highest ranked teams remaining (Independent schools need to be in this to qualify).

There is a seed committee (I don't care who is part of it).

Higher seed gets home-field advantage until NCG (which is in set location).

*Yes, it would eliminate the controversy of the Boise States and TCUs of the BCS Era.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saddens me that so many of you hate the regular season of CFB

I love the regular season. It's the post season I want to change. I don't want to change the regular season at all.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16-team tournament

Auto-bid for all conference winners.

Remaining spots are the highest ranked teams remaining (Independent schools need to be in this to qualify).

There is a seed committee (I don't care who is part of it).

Higher seed gets home-field advantage until NCG (which is in set location).

*Yes, it would eliminate the controversy of the Boise States and TCUs of the BCS Era.

And then what do you tell the Bowl Games?

Bowl Games such as the Rose with a huge amount invested.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saddens me that so many of you hate the regular season of CFB

I like the regular season, would like to see the SEC go to 9 games, but I like it. I don't like the post-season though, at least not for another year. I like the playoff, just wish we could've had 8 or 10 teams.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the regular season. It's the post season I want to change. I don't want to change the regular season at all.

Surely you must realize the effects the post season will have on a regular season if we have lots of teams in a playoff.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I would like to see change:

1. Forbid any FBS team to play FCS schools. I don't care if those schools need the money. Sack up and hit up your alumni for money, FCS schools. Automatically disqualify any FBS school from national championship contention if they schedule FCS schools in OOC.

2. No more rewards for "quality" losses. A loss is a loss. Too fucking bad, and I don't really care if you only lost by 3 pts to the #1 team. It's happened plenty of times in the past and so many great teams couldn't play for the NC, b/c guess what, they fucking lost and didn't win their conference.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Forbid any FBS team to play FCS schools. I don't care if those schools need the money. Sack up and hit up your alumni for money, FCS schools. Automatically disqualify any FBS school from national championship contention if they schedule FCS schools in OOC.

Yes.

2. No more rewards for "quality" losses. A loss is a loss. Too fucking bad, and I don't really care if you only lost by 3 pts to the #1 team. It's happened plenty of times in the past and so many great teams couldn't play for the NC, b/c guess what, they fucking lost and didn't win their conference.

No. Thinking losing to the #1 team and losing to the #125 place team is equal is awful.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless of course the team you're comparing to lost to an unranked opponent, then it should matter. But I agree, in any other case, a loss is a loss.

Edit - Naw...4d20 is right, that's just stupid.