• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football Playoff Rankings TOP 6

Hard2Bluff

Beer Consumer
Hoopla Cash
$ 263.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they reward SOS...Shouldn't Clemson be ahead of Bama?
Is UL better than TAMU? I dont know. Is FL St better than than the beat down they took @ UL? Is the ACC better over-all than the SEC? Discuss...

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson top 3 - Auburn, Louisville, and Florida St

Bama top 3 - atM, Tennessee, USC

Tough call.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is UL better than TAMU? :noidea: I dont know. Is FL St better than than the beat down they took @ UL? YES! Is the ACC better over-all than the SEC? :noidea: Discuss...
Sorry, I couldn't answer but one.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee is simply sending a message. You better TRY to play an opponent with a name (or a pulse) or you could be left out. If this poll was the final one, UW would be in. This is simply tinkering with the formula to push an agenda of "stop scheduling all crap OOC teams". I'm sure they thought moving Baylor from 3 to 6 after a win a couple of years ago would have sent the message, but since it didn't they are using UW as the bully pulpit now.

When it matters, the correct teams we all know deserve to be there will be there. Until then, this is just the voters using a stick to push people towards more interesting OOC games.
Oh I know it was just a message. This thing is a TV show and they have power. I'm not worried about where UW is ranked. I was just pointing out that the more UCLA loses the worse that argument that A&M had a better OOC is just false. At the time we scheduled Rutgers they just came off a 9-4 season. It's not like they scheduled some doormat that had been down for some time and isn't likely to get up off the mat.

Next years will be just as bad and there really isn't anything they can do about it. These things are scheduled way too far in advance IMO which always leaves these issues.

After yet another UCLA loss though, I wonder how it might impact next weeks rankings. No, I won't be pissed if UW is still 5th then either, but I want to hear what their thinking is.

I don't mind them making statements. I want AD's to be afraid of all these damned FCS games we are being forced to sit through. It's good for the sport if AD's take note and improve their schedules. They won't be making these statements come the last poll so how much does it really send a wake up call?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if UW would have swapped the timing of say the USC game with the Portland St. game.

Assuming UW beats SC.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if UW would have swapped the timing of say the USC game with the Portland St. game.

Assuming UW beats SC.
No. If you are going to have cupcakes do it early. How you play late in the season matters more. Raise the difficulty later.

I would like to see the committee make a statement and punish SEC teams for late season cupcakes at some point, but that would take some kind of perfect storm. Two even teams otherwise with one that had a tougher late year schedule. That would be the ultimate fix for that, but I'm not holding my breath it ever happens.

I think we are seeing Cohen going back to the Don James formula of scheduling an A team B team and C team for OOC. Picking up Auburn when you already had BYU on that year says a lot.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. If you are going to have cupcakes do it early. How you play late in the season matters more. Raise the difficulty later.

I would like to see the committee make a statement and punish SEC teams for late season cupcakes at some point, but that would take some kind of perfect storm. Two even teams otherwise with one that had a tougher late year schedule. That would be the ultimate fix for that, but I'm not holding my breath it ever happens.

I think we are seeing Cohen going back to the Don James formula of scheduling an A team B team and C team for OOC. Picking up Auburn when you already had BYU on that year says a lot.
I'm not saying what is best for a team, I was wondering about perceived perception. We know that losses early in the season are better than late in terms of rankings

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Assuming UW beats SC.
Good point. I'm beginning to think the schools should flip flop their schedules. Play conference games first and finish off with cupcakes. Use Baylor as an example. Their schedule would have been:
@West Virginia
Texas Tech (Jerry's World)
Kansas State
@Oklahoma
TCU
@Texas
Bye
Kansas
Bye
@Iowa State
Oklahoma State
@Rice
SMU
Northwestern State

My bet is they wouldn't have been undefeated by the time they got to Texas and we wouldn't have had the bullshit high ranking they did. If they had been, they'd have earned it. JMO.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOS is important. And should be considered. Washington feels they have been slighted, and is understandable. At this point, the Aggies have a stronger case.
Just win and all of this will work itself out.
How can Texas A&M have a stronger case for a better SOS, after UCLA lost last night?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I'm beginning to think the schools should flip flop their schedules. Play conference games first and finish off with cupcakes. Use Baylor as an example. Their schedule would have been:
@West Virginia
Texas Tech (Jerry's World)
Kansas State
@Oklahoma
TCU
@Texas
Bye
Kansas
Bye
@Iowa State
Oklahoma State
@Rice
SMU
Northwestern State

My bet is they wouldn't have been undefeated by the time they got to Texas and we wouldn't have had the bullshit high ranking they did. If they had been, they'd have earned it. JMO.
If a ranked team in your conference has to lose early, it might as well be to a conference opponent. We know that preseason rankings are bullshit, so we might as well give perceived "quality" early season wins to our own conference.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a ranked team in your conference has to lose early, it might as well be to a conference opponent. We know that preseason rankings are bullshit, so we might as well give perceived "quality" early season wins to our own conference.
And you get to play the cupcakes when your team is all beat up instead of the conference opponents.

Problem is those cupcakes might take advantage of a beat up team and win. But, odds are they are beat up too!

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you get to play the cupcakes when your team is all beat up instead of the conference opponents.

Problem is those cupcakes might take advantage of a beat up team and win. But, odds are they are beat up too!
I would play the cupcake week 2. That way if you do lose, you are almost guaranteed a bounce back win.