• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: College Football Kickoff - Florida State vs. Georigia Tech in Ireland

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Norvell knew it was 4 down territory and I don’t think he trusted DJ to throw it a lot, but yeah a couple of those calls were weird.

But I do agree when they got into 4th down territory, but why not just get the ball in space with a quick pass when the run is clearly not there?

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge mistake by the Jackets there, King fumbles the snap and gets sacked, he should’ve thrown the ball away. Wow, game changing play.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackets get back the yards on a pass, and now they’ll try the FG to win it!

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He drills it!! Jackets upset the Noles in Ireland!! What a start to the 2024 college football season!!!!

TheGoodMan19

Dealing with pronoun troubles
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Florida state would come into 2024 with a huge chip on their shoulders after getting left out of the '23 Playoff. DJ OogieBoogie is an average CFB QB at best. To be fair, tech played a nearly flawless game

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew FSU was overrated coming into the season - they lost most of their team and as I said and was ridiculed for saying by the FSU fan here, sometimes teams with a lot of new guys take time to gel and DJ is just a mediocre QB. I’m not surprised at all the Jackets won and I had a feeling FSU would have a drop off this year.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that fuckin sucks. The rapid fall back to mediocrity is astounding. Norvell and the DC lost that game.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Gayturd fan. You got this one. Congrats. Now keep that same energy when Florida sucks ass too
I’m not expecting a lot from the Gators this year - I think they have the toughest schedule in college football. This is the best team Napier has had but that schedule is brutal - Georgia, Texas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, LSU and A&M in conference and FSU, Miami and UCF out of conference - that’s as hard as it gets. I have a strong feeling Napier is gone at the end of this year.

But I guess you’re admitting I was right about FSU falling some this year, there’s a reason I didn’t think they would be a standout team and we saw that today.

TheGoodMan19

Dealing with pronoun troubles
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC is still winnable for the Noles. The newcomers are bottom feeders. UNC and Duke will fall off. I'm not drinking the Miami Kool-Aid again. Can Clemson win without transfers? Tech might have played over their heads.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC is still winnable for the Noles. The newcomers are bottom feeders. UNC and Duke will fall off. I'm not drinking the Miami Kool-Aid again. Can Clemson win without transfers? Tech might have played over their heads.
I agree the ACC is still in play for the Noles, it’s just week 1, but I don’t think they win it again - I predict a Clemson/VA Tech title game, I think SMU is much better than a “bottom feeder” team, and I think NCST will be strong, UNC might surprise although they frequently fall off at the end of the year, and I think GA Tech will continue to be a threat in the ACC, Brent Key has done a great job in Atlanta. Louisville is consistently solid. I’m also not drinking the Miami Kool-Aid, on paper they look very strong but Cristobal is a shit coach and I’ve heard the crap about “the U” being back many times before when they haven’t been a top tier program in 20 years, but if they do manage to live up to their potential they are dangerous. Duke is likely rebuilding. Cal and Syracuse might be better than expected. But I’m picking a Clemson/VA Tech title game.