• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football 10/01/2011

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Back and forth between Illinois and Northwestern. Dan Persa making his 1st start at QB after tearing his achilles. Seems to have re-aggravated it, ever since he came out Illinois has been able to make a comeback and Northwestern's hot offense in now dead. Persa might not be an NFL QB prospect, but I can imagine him making a Julian Edelman-like transition to WR, the guy is quick and tough to bring down.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone against drafting Tyrann Mathieu with our 1st round pick(assuming our pick is in the early 20s)?

CB, QB is obviously the priority of next year's draft, but Tyrann is a tyrant of anything that moves.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Texas A&M -choking-
Arkansas scores 18 straight to tie the game.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at A&M. I'm standing by my belief that Tannehill is the most overrated QB as of right now. It's pretty obvious by their play calls that they don't trust him to do anything except make very high percentage throws like a million out routes. They ran the ball an excessive amount too.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone against drafting Tyrann Mathieu with our 1st round pick(assuming our pick is in the early 20s)?

CB, QB is obviously the priority of next year's draft, but Tyrann is a tyrant of anything that moves.

I think he's the most dominate s since Eric Berry, however I don't think it would be a good idea to draft a s when you have the best pure cover corner sitting there for you (Cliff Harris). You have to figure that Culliver is going to be a force at fs for us within the next couple of seasons.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's the most dominate s since Eric Berry, however I don't think it would be a good idea to draft a s when you have the best pure cover corner sitting there for you (Cliff Harris). You have to figure that Culliver is going to be a force at fs for us within the next couple of seasons.

Umm...no we don't?

The top 2 2013 RBs paying each other right now. South Carolina winning 6-3. Also Matt Barkley vs. Nick Foles on CSN Bay Area.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm...no we don't?
The top 2 2013 RBs paying each other right now. South Carolina winning 6-3. Also Matt Barkley vs. Nick Foles on CSN Bay Area.

I do. I don't think he was drafted to be productive at cb. That pick alone, besides having Reggie Smith would keep me from drafting a fs in the 1st.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. I don't think he was drafted to be productive at cb. That pick alone, besides having Reggie Smith would keep me from drafting a fs in the 1st.

Cool. So why do we have to figure that he'd be a force at FS?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at A&M. I'm standing by my belief that Tannehill is the most overrated QB as of right now. It's pretty obvious by their play calls that they don't trust him to do anything except make very high percentage throws like a million out routes. They ran the ball an excessive amount too.

Tomorrow's sports headline:

Aggies lose again..blame Longhorn network.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm...no we don't?

foles intriques me. but i think he'd do better on a team like the steelers.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Culliver has the tools to be a very good CB or FS, but needs to develop. The obvious line of thinking for a tweener like him is if he doesn't pan out at CB, he should be able to shift to FS. Even if he didn't become a force, he could become a R. Smith type player and impact taking another position over a pure FS.

Based on what we're starting to see out of R. Smith, if Culliver beat him out he probably would be a force. It's not like a boom/bust 3rd round pick with good physical tools can't make this transition back to the position he played in college and do something for us.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What are people seeing in Smith that makes him seem like a good (or better) FS? He's not the best FS on the team right now.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are people seeing in Smith that makes him seem like a good (or better) FS? He's not the best FS on the team right now.

The thing I like about Smith is that (when healthy) he's always around the ball. It seems like he's getting a hand on the ball or being in the right place to make a pick. I also like the fact that he has the speed and instincts of a hard hitting cb. Of course alot of the right place at the right time has been in the preseason and at ss, however I think he'll play his way (when he's 100%) back into the starting lineup, like he did this offseason.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've got to agree with imac here; your caveat: "when healthy" may be true, but perhaps he never got back to the athlete he used to be after all the time beinhg hurt. He hasn't even been an average player.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The thing I like about Smith is that (when healthy) he's always around the ball. It seems like he's getting a hand on the ball or being in the right place to make a pick. I also like the fact that he has the speed and instincts of a hard hitting cb. Of course alot of the right place at the right time has been in the preseason and at ss, however I think he'll play his way (when he's 100%) back into the starting lineup, like he did this offseason.

I disagree. I haven't been that impressed with him. I don't think he is as good as Goldson. I also think the gap between them is fairly significant.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got to agree with imac here; your caveat: "when healthy" may be true, but perhaps he never got back to the athlete he used to be after all the time beinhg hurt. He hasn't even been an average player.

Well, he hasn't got back to 100% yet. He just tore his meniscus and been out a month. He's playing his way back. He played his way into the starting lineup this preseason with his ballhawking. If he hadn't been injured Goldson wouldn't even be on the team right now.
Don't get me wrong now, Mac, I don't have a problem with Goldson (so far). Its just that last season he was so different than the player the season before. Smith, from when he got into the starting lineup (last season), plus every preseason that I've see him seems to be consistent.