• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College athletes are bar none the dumbest humans on Earth

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Person who spends money and time on college sports: “College athletes are so dumb!”

Hmmmm.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing its PEDs.

Hearing they've already appealed.

Hearing that we will know the status of said appeal tomorrow.

Rumor this, Rumor that.

Who knows.

giphy.gif

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet they get the greenest of green too.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day they start paying these guys like pros and let them transfer like pros will be the day every one of them turns into a mini-Lebron. And it will be the day I stop giving money to the athletic department and only give it to the academic side at OU. I have stopped blaming this all on the kids. I put most of the blame squarely on their parents, social media and teachers/mentors who have pushed the entitlement mentality.
This is 100% correct. If we'd grown up with the significant adults in our lives pushing (or even allowing) the entitlement mentality, we'd be exactly like the youngsters are today. I ain't blaming the kids. They behave the way they do nowadays because adults have "done" it to them intentionally or tacitly.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are fucking weed... really? Biggest fucking game of your life and you’re getting high the week before???
College athletes don't get paid, and they probably have a scholarship either way. As long as it doesn't impact their NFL hopes, it probably doesn't matter or impact them at all.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would guess high school athletes are dumber

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College athletes don't get paid, and they probably have a scholarship either way. As long as it doesn't impact their NFL hopes, it probably doesn't matter or impact them at all.

What, you have not heard of the monthly stipend your athlete-students are being paid?

How do college football players spend their monthly stipend? Not as you might guess

They are getting upwards of $1600 per month(Washington) in a stipend(while in school), free education, free room and board, free medical care, free textbooks, free computers, free tutoring, free travel, make believe classes in some instances(North Carolina), lots of drugs and partying in other instances(U Miami Florida), being given token jobs at the school that pay them $100,000 per year in some instances(Texas), free legal teams when they do stupid things like raping women(notre dame and just about every other school), token jobs from boosters,

Guess what I got from going to college? An education. An understanding of life. Debt from student loans. I had to study 6 hours per night six days a week to just get a 2.5 from Colorado School of Mines. I know for a fact that the student athletes at Mines were not paid a stipend, and they had to do class work AND sports.

These Power 5 pampered athlete-students have absolutely no idea how easy they have it.

Last edited:

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, but Mines is a whole different animal than most schools. Always has been.

What, you have not heard of the monthly stipend your athlete-students are being paid?

How do college football players spend their monthly stipend? Not as you might guess

They are getting upwards of $1600 per month(Washington) in a stipend(while in school), free education, free room and board, free medical care, free textbooks, free computers, free tutoring, free travel, make believe classes in some instances(North Carolina), lots of drugs and partying in other instances(U Miami Florida), being given token jobs at the school that pay them $100,000 per year in some instances(Texas), free legal teams when they do stupid things like raping women(notre dame and just about every other school), token jobs from boosters,

Guess what I got from going to college? An education. An understanding of life. Debt from student loans. I had to study 6 hours per night six days a week to just get a 2.5 from Colorado School of Mines. I know for a fact that the student athletes at Mines were not paid a stipend, and they had to do class work AND sports.

These Power 5 pampered athlete-students have absolutely no idea how easy they have it.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it. LSU is fux0red.

The Sooners are 0-2 when animals choose Oklahoma over their College Football Playoff opponent. Flipper, a dolphin at the Miami Seaquarium, chose the Sooners to win the Orange Bowl over Clemson, who won 37-17. Pierce, a porcupine at Zoo Miami, chose OU over Alabama in the 2018 Orange Bowl.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincoln should just make them clean the stadium. JoePa would be proud.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting if this is true. LSU is a favorite in the match already. Got to think it could be a big win for them if these suspensions happen.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget free tattoos in some instances... :eyebrows:

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Why should we have to go to class if we come here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS"
-Cardale Jones