• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather than just taking his salary and slashing it, I could see a way that the Bronco extend his contract and make it a two year deal with more guaranteed money. For instance, since the number $7MM is out there, he gets a guaranteed $7MM this year and $9MM for 2017 plus some incentives. That way he's guaranteed $16 MM over two years plus potential for more - whereas currently he basically has $12 MM guaranteed for this year and nothing beyond that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kaepernick coming to the Broncos is a done deal, but I am intrigued by Clady's status - are the Broncos really holding off cutting him - even though - they know they will later? There is probably a Clady negotiation with the 9ers - and maybe a Anthony Davis negotiation with the Broncos.

If it goes that way - Elway will have picked the 9er's pockets quite convincingly to me.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per" ticker" on bottom of screen, watching sportscenter this morn.....Holdup is Broncos want 49ers and Kap to absorb the 4.9 mil or whatever it is. SF unwilling to do so as of this morn.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Kaep is apparently refusing the paycut if SF won't eat it. He'd rather ride the pine and make his money than make ONLY $7 mil per year and come to Denver and probably start.

The douchedom rears it's ugly head.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality of the situation is that on the first part, the 49ers control the trade. If they decide that they will not eat any portion of Kaps contract, the Broncos have no leverage. On the second part if Kap ants the full $11M in 2016, he has all of the leverage. You can call him anything you want, names will never hurt him. The question is very simple......why accept less money and possibly get hurt, when you are guaranteed more and will either sit on the bench or force the 49ers to cut you.

Regardless of how much money I already have, I'll take the $11M and make the 49ers either keep me on the bench or let me go. That lets me collect a lot for doing nothing either way or possibly allowing me to collect $11M and signing with another team and grabbing another $7M or $8M to boot. Free agency is much more lucrative.

The big problem for Elway is that he's only $1.6M under the cap. No matter what, he has to cut or restructure contracts. Either way, somebody has to pay the freight for Kap.

The only winner in this scenario is Colin Kaepernick.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Elway get rebuffed twice by his desired QBs this off season? Is it worth it to ask other to restructure for Kap? Denver is still going to need cash on hand and in escrow for Miller.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality of the situation is that on the first part, the 49ers control the trade. If they decide that they will not eat any portion of Kaps contract, the Broncos have no leverage. On the second part if Kap ants the full $11M in 2016, he has all of the leverage. You can call him anything you want, names will never hurt him. The question is very simple......why accept less money and possibly get hurt, when you are guaranteed more and will either sit on the bench or force the 49ers to cut you.

Regardless of how much money I already have, I'll take the $11M and make the 49ers either keep me on the bench or let me go. That lets me collect a lot for doing nothing either way or possibly allowing me to collect $11M and signing with another team and grabbing another $7M or $8M to boot. Free agency is much more lucrative.

The big problem for Elway is that he's only $1.6M under the cap. No matter what, he has to cut or restructure contracts. Either way, somebody has to pay the freight for Kap.

The only winner in this scenario is Colin Kaepernick.
I'd say the leverage that Denver has is two fold:
1. Do the 9ers want to pay $12.3 MM (11.9 in salary and .4 in workout bonus) for their backup QB who has made it clear he doesn't want to be there?
2. There doesn't appear to be anyone else desiring to trade for Kap.

So JE is going to sit and wait until something is resolved. I believe a new contract that pays him less this year, but guarantees him more long term is the likeliest outcome.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the leverage that Denver has is two fold:
1. Do the 9ers want to pay $12.3 MM (11.9 in salary and .4 in workout bonus) for their backup QB who has made it clear he doesn't want to be there?
2. There doesn't appear to be anyone else desiring to trade for Kap.

So JE is going to sit and wait until something is resolved. I believe a new contract that pays him less this year, but guarantees him more long term is the likeliest outcome.

You and others have to understand that not everyone is just falling all over themselves to help out the Broncos. Being the Super Bowl Champion does not endear a team to others. Bronco fans love their team and often have a really difficult time realizing that because things worked out for them in past does not guarantee the same now or in the future. San Francisco is not going to give Kap away. Why the hell should they pay any portion of his salary to let him play in Denver. According to ESPN and CBS the deal isn't even close to being complete. The 49ers according to one report is not going to take a 4th round pick and pay $5.6M of the salary. The Jets may only be $2M under the cap, but they're a bit crazy and don't even have a QB on their roster. Giving up a 3rd round pick and clearing a few pieces off their roster would be fairly easy if they can't get Fitzpatrick for less than $15M.

Everyone wants to win. Some more than others. Some of those others want it so bad because they have to deal with other things in their divisions, they're willing to do almost anything. The 49ers may appear to be painted into a corner, but they don't really have to do anything. If they think Elway is getting desperate, they can just keep saying "no". If he's truly set on getting Kap, he'll have to pay.......if not, he can try to get Fitz for 3 years $45M.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you got the idea that I think Denver is entitled to anything. I just explained where I think Elway thinks he has some leverage. Apparently you don't agree. No problem - but nowhere do I indicate that anyone wants to do Denver any favors.

But if I have a cancer on my team, I'm anxious to surgically remove it, not pay it to stay, fester and kill.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and others have to understand that not everyone is just falling all over themselves to help out the Broncos. Being the Super Bowl Champion does not endear a team to others. Bronco fans love their team and often have a really difficult time realizing that because things worked out for them in past does not guarantee the same now or in the future. San Francisco is not going to give Kap away. Why the hell should they pay any portion of his salary to let him play in Denver. According to ESPN and CBS the deal isn't even close to being complete. The 49ers according to one report is not going to take a 4th round pick and pay $5.6M of the salary. The Jets may only be $2M under the cap, but they're a bit crazy and don't even have a QB on their roster. Giving up a 3rd round pick and clearing a few pieces off their roster would be fairly easy if they can't get Fitzpatrick for less than $15M.

Everyone wants to win. Some more than others. Some of those others want it so bad because they have to deal with other things in their divisions, they're willing to do almost anything. The 49ers may appear to be painted into a corner, but they don't really have to do anything. If they think Elway is getting desperate, they can just keep saying "no". If he's truly set on getting Kap, he'll have to pay.......if not, he can try to get Fitz for 3 years $45M.
Will Kap attend the first OTA on Monday and collect his bonus. Injrued and he'll collect his entire salary and no trade value, Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don`t need Kap or anybody else. Trevor Simiean...2016 AFC MVP. :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the top 51 count against he salary cap. Some rookies will just take the place of some of the 51. Since the rookies are slotted , they know about where the rookies will fall. 90 can go to camp. Denver doesn't actually need $6MM to sign rookies. They do need to keep a reserve to sign players due to in season injuries.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von is paid for in the cap already and Clady will be gone before he starts to cost the a Broncos a Dime . So we have money to play with .

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what we could get Glennon for

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
free

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep that is

Just ride Sanchez until you position yourself for next QBOTF

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with NFL .. I don't want him ...

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with doing this right . Slow and methodical ..This is not were you put a band aid on it . IMO

I know people make fun of Sanchez But I am fine with him and lets find the next Elway and or Manning ...yes that was a mouth full .. I don't care some times you have to pay to play .. this is one of those times .