• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin, 4North (Saboteur), etc

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one: Agree or disagree? We have to say goodbye to Burrell. Wish him well and everything, and give him a super loud standing ovation every time his new team visits AT&T Park.

I'm on the fence right now with this one, but with De Rosa coming back and the prospect of upgrading the team, there may not be any room for him.

I suspect Pat will be back; he's still got value and said he'd accept a reduced role.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one: Agree or disagree? We have to say goodbye to Burrell. Wish him well and everything, and give him a super loud standing ovation every time his new team visits AT&T Park.

I'm on the fence right now with this one, but with De Rosa coming back and the prospect of upgrading the team, there may not be any room for him.

I wouldn't be too upset about not re-signing Burrell. He can certainly be a more than serviceable 4th outfielder/pinch hitter, but I think it all depends on the price. The great thing about championships is guys start taking discounts to stay. Of course, the real question is if he is worth the roster spot. If tzill's Rowand trade goes through, then definitely. If not, I'm with you. Thanks for everything, Pat. Looks like you're gonna have to come up with something a bit more controversial. :).

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Pat will be back; he's still got value and said he'd accept a reduced role.

I'd love him back, too, but I just want to make sure it's for good, sound baseball reasons and not for sentimental reasons and his popularity with the fans. I do love how he was able to hit nearly 20 HRs for us in less than 300 ABs, so there's one good, sound baseball reason to keep him. Also, he's a good clubhouse guy. I'm sure there's more.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be too upset about not re-signing Burrell. He can certainly be a more than serviceable 4th outfielder/pinch hitter, but I think it all depends on the price. The great thing about championships is guys start taking discounts to stay. Of course, the real question is if he is worth the roster spot. If tzill's Rowand trade goes through, then definitely. If not, I'm with you. Thanks for everything, Pat. Looks like you're gonna have to come up with something a bit more controversial. :).

LOL. I don't know if I can come up with too many controversial topics because I don't think that there's really anything drastic that the Giants need to do for next season. Someone already brought this up in another thread and we can discuss it there: Do we want to trade Jonathan Sanchez?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a no for now. I think we're just too calm, collected and calculated. The blessing and the curse of this board is our sound, thoughtful and supported analysis. The only time I type anything disparaging about anybody, it's usually a joke or an exaggeration (also meant for humor).