• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ... who knows what u.s. voters (and the world) are gonna actually get :noidea:

So you're saying we've been duped???

It's okay, I've been assured that if he doesn't do what he has promised, then he will be voted out next time around.

You know, like we just did to The House and the Senate who haven't done a fucking thing for 6 years.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really doubt he runs again in 2020. I will be very surprised if he does.

Next time around, it will be that faux American from Calgary (Cruz) against, errr, ummmm, :noidea:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good - Disclaimer (contents within link below are quite disturbing).

Day 1 In Trump's America

Just read that. I couldn't even finish it. Some of that might be just bullshit, people trying to stir the pot. But the body of accounts is insane. Likely most of these accounts are true.

Ugly times were living in.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if its in that tweet compilation but i read about a hispanic kindergartner who was told by a group of his fellow students that he is going to be kicked out of the country ...ugh

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That.

Is.

Disgusting.

All I can say is that I refuse to believe it is society at large that perpetrates and glorifies this kind of crap. And I will leave it at that.

I have the same hope. But, unfortunately, I have seen it in reality.

And even if only ten percent actually act like that, it's 15% too many.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Not good - Disclaimer (contents within link below are quite disturbing).

Day 1 In Trump's America

so to repeat, 55 million americans.... what the fuck were you thinking.

and very rough math, at 50% voter turnout, and about 50% of that voting against trump
that leaves approx 75% of the voting population who were either in favour of him, or didn't care enough to stop him.

this will not end well

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is familiar with the vanity cards displayed by Chuck Lorre at the end of The Big Bang Theory episodes, tonight's episode just said "Uh-Oh".

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and very rough math, at 50% voter turnout, and about 50% of that voting against trump
that leaves approx 75% of the voting population who were either in favour of him, or didn't care enough to stop him.

this will not end well

A lot of people I know voted for Trump. Most of them are complaining they're now being labeled racists and bigots by "sensitive" liberals. They say that, because they voted for him on the merit of his policies (what policies, exactly?) that they're exempt from responsibility for the emboldening of hate groups to act violently. But when you reward that sort of hateful, violent rhetoric without thought for sensitivity and empathy, you do embolden hateful people to act out, because you tell them it's a thing you can look past and ignore.

I won't call all people who voted for Trump racists and bigots, because they may very well have other motivations, but those motivations do not excuse them responsibility for the consequences of electing Trump. It's on them, because there's no excuse for not seeing this coming.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
xjoPgjl.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people I know voted for Trump. Most of them are complaining they're now being labeled racists and bigots by "sensitive" liberals. They say that, because they voted for him on the merit of his policies (what policies, exactly?) that they're exempt from responsibility for the emboldening of hate groups to act violently. But when you reward that sort of hateful, violent rhetoric without thought for sensitivity and empathy, you do embolden hateful people to act out, because you tell them it's a thing you can look past and ignore.

I won't call all people who voted for Trump racists and bigots, because they may very well have other motivations, but those motivations do not excuse them responsibility for the consequences of electing Trump. It's on them, because there's no excuse for not seeing this coming.

Not surprisingly, I dont exactly agree with all your comments, but I will sort of agree in this way.

People who voted for Trump, and Trump himself, have an obligation to support and defend all people in this country. Particularly those who have suffered from the acts of these @$$clowns. They most assuredly are NOT exempt from responsibility and we as a society must show them the error of their ways.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this will not end well

I tend to agree. Just under 60 million voted for Trump. That is not even 20% of the population. Turnout was at the lowest level in years (as I expected). My number is lower because I am including minors. Not exactly a strong mandate. Problem is, no one else had a mandate either. Apathy rules, and that is nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.