• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

LITERALLY A PLAGIARIZED PASSAGE ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF HARD WORK

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've been seeing a lot of stuff about chip card readers only now entering widespread use in the US and people being upset about having to insert your card and enter a pin.

So America is still in 2005, then?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've been seeing a lot of stuff about chip card readers only now entering widespread use in the US and people being upset about having to insert your card and enter a pin.

Everybody wants to make Americans grate again, BBB.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha, I wish. Unless it's a debit card, you're usually still just signing, so really no security at all still.

I got a new credit card about a year ago with a chip, but couldn't find any PIN information, so I called Chase. They said they don't issue PINs because the signature is more secure :L

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, I wish. Unless it's a debit card, you're usually still just signing, so really no security at all still.

I got a new credit card about a year ago with a chip, but couldn't find any PIN information, so I called Chase. They said they don't issue PINs because the signature is more secure :L
Oh boy.

What's funny is we went from swipe/sign to chip/pin and now we've arrived at tapping up to $200, so really all these lazy asses need to do is get past the pin part and you'll all be at hassle-free tapping in no time!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy.

What's funny is we went from swipe/sign to chip/pin and now we've arrived at tapping up to $200, so really all these lazy asses need to do is get past the pin part and you'll all be at hassle-free tapping in no time!

Just give it a little tap, tap it in, give it a little tappy, tap-tap-tap-er-roo...

just-tap-it-in-just-tap-it-in-o.gif

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are only a couple of chip + PIN credit cards available in the US. Not a big deal but when you try to use one overseas at an automated kiosk type place it won't work.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy.

theres this small neighbourhood grocer i frequent and when it comes time to pay, she takes my card and will always insert it instead of letting me tap it which is an option (i said pardon???)

i like these people which is why i shop there but what the fuck ... I DONT WANT TO TOUCH YOUR DIRTY DISEASE RIDDEN KEYPAD

/a bit much ??? lol

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres this small neighbourhood grocer i frequent and when it comes time to pay, she takes my card and will always insert it instead of letting me tap it which is an option (i said pardon???)

i like these people which is why i shop there but what the fuck ... I DONT WANT TO TOUCH YOUR DIRTY DISEASE RIDDEN KEYPAD

/a bit much ??? lol
Could it be that they get charged a different commission rate if they use the tap?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I see it, the only added security the chip cards add is the card can't be skimmed and cloned...the cloned card would be useless UNLESS the vendor it is used at doesn't use the chip reader technology yet.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my favorite shitty experience is getting gas at a US gas station ... always with the fuckin ENTER ZIP CODE ... i know theres a trick to it where you enter some abc and first 3 digits of your postal code or something but i never remember and i am forced to go inside and give them my credit card ... TAKING UP ALL MY TIME!!! I GOTS GARBAGE BAGS TO FILL WITH GAS!!!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

/a bit much ??? lol
Not too much at all. I always tried my hardest to use a knuckle to push the buttons because I'm the biggest germaphobe on earth but usually just ended up mashing two buttons and screwing up the pin and having to re-do it and getting more germs and having to bathe my hand in acid.

But with tapping, I get why restaurants wouldn't want you to tap (can't push that 20% tip button if you just tap and go) but stores? Ridiculous.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it be that they get charged a different commission rate if they use the tap?

i dont think so ... shes told me that it takes longer to process a tapped transaction ... and ok ive witnessed that it does take an extra 10 seconds maybe but Im good with it ... its not like Ive got garbage bags of gas to fill at her store!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.