• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Unless you have a heart condition or it messes up your stomach its shouldn't have an adverse effect on you.

No, but I honestly don't feel any more awake after consuming coffee. I just know that it's supposedly very acidic, and too much isn't good for your stomach. At least I think I read that somewhere. I just really love the taste of strong bold coffee.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coffee is a beautiful thing. But yeah, it's rough on your teeth and, while a little helps digestion, I imagine a lot can give you some trouble.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but I honestly don't feel any more awake after consuming coffee. I just know that it's supposedly very acidic, and too much isn't good for your stomach. At least I think I read that somewhere. I just really love the taste of strong bold coffee.

Yeah, at this point I don't often feel any more awake after a cup or two of coffee. In the morning its more habit than anything else. I do enjoy a cup after dinner but luckily it doesn't seem to affect my sleep.

It is acidic but that varies but the roast. I never had a problem with the acid when younger but now it bugs me if I drink it on an empty stomach. If you can afford Jamaica Blue Mountain you will have no acid problems!

I have been cold brewing coffee for iced coffee. Cold brewing it eliminates most of the acid too.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have a busy day ahead of me. Last night I found out that my oldest friend was at a Katy Perry concert in DC. I have a full day of tormenting and making fun of him ahead of me. My work 'work' (what what?) will have to wait.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, at this point I don't often feel any more awake after a cup or two of coffee. In the morning its more habit than anything else. I do enjoy a cup after dinner but luckily it doesn't seem to affect my sleep.

It is acidic but that varies but the roast. I never had a problem with the acid when younger but now it bugs me if I drink it on an empty stomach. If you can afford Jamaica Blue Mountain you will have no acid problems!

I have been cold brewing coffee for iced coffee. Cold brewing it eliminates most of the acid too.

Interesting, I will look into this. I've been using Kona coffee lately, not sure what brand though.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, I will look into this. I've been using Kona coffee lately, not sure what brand though.

Its pretty easy.
I use coarse grounded coffee. Put a mixture of about 3 parts water to 1 part coffee (lots of online recipes have different ratios) in a jug. Fill with water and shake, or stir if it doesn't have a lid.
Put in your refrigerator for at least 12 hours ( I usually leave it two days).
I put it through a strainer first then through a filter. You are left with a very strong thick coffee that you should dilute with water roughly at a 1:1 ratio depending on how strong you like it. Dilute in individual glass, not the entire batch. So even if you only make half a pitcher, you actually get about double that.

It works for me, straining and filtering it is a pain but I have been happy with the results.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I like my coffee like I like my women :
Bitter and loaded with booze

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sly, I was in Kona last month and toured a coffee farm there - they said all the Kona coffee that gets shipped off the island is the B grade stuff - they keep all the good stuff for themselves. They also said all mainland coffee gets shipped somewhere in Vancouver first and then is processed and makes its way to you. The fresh Kona stuff is awesome, but you gotta live there to get it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sly, I was in Kona last month and toured a coffee farm there - they said all the Kona coffee that gets shipped off the island is the B grade stuff - they keep all the good stuff for themselves. They also said all mainland coffee gets shipped somewhere in Vancouver first and then is processed and makes its way to you. The fresh Kona stuff is awesome, but you gotta live there to get it.

I used to work next to a place that imported their beans raw (?) and roasted them in the store. The whole area smelled good on days they roasted. I am not sure if it was really good beans, or the fact that had recently been roasted but the cups of coffee I got there were fantastic.

That's where I learned my appreciation of Jamaica Blue, its too expensive for me though. Last I saw I think it was around $40 a pound.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fresh kona is pretty damn good

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

B grade Kona at home is still better than Dunkin Donuts. Although I'm thinking about giving this stuff a shot...

https://www.onnit.com/bulletproof-coffee/?pid=161

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning everyone.

I had a close call this morning. I switched the radio station then was going around a turn so I couldn't switch it back. The bad news was that the station was playing Extreme's "Hole Hearted". The good news it was over before I could bite down on the cyanide capsule I keep in my mouth, it was close though.

So things are looking better!

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning everyone.

I had a close call this morning. I switched the radio station then was going around a turn so I couldn't switch it back. The bad news was that the station was playing Extreme's "Hole Hearted". The good news it was over before I could bite down on the cyanide capsule I keep in my mouth, it was close though.

Too risky. That's why I always stick to the iPod in the car.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coffee is awesome.

tumblr_mctalko.gif

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning everyone.

There are certain songs that you can *ALWAYS* find a free finger to switch stations away from, no matter what is happening inside the vehicle at the time.

I could be skidding out of control, crashed through a barrier and plummeting off the side of a cliff (elsewhere I mean - not in Ohio, obviously) and if these songs came on, I would be sure to change the station before exploding into a fireball.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to have some sort of plan for everything. My plan if I ever get struck by lightening and survive is to slowly stand up. Look at my hands. Then raise them in the air and yell in a deep voice, "I now have the power of the gods", then sprint away.

Hopefully there are witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.