• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Automattic's Meat Co. is in full effect. Picked up a 200 person wedding next month. They want mainly pasta dishes. Excellent for me. Easy to feed large groups with pasta.
Anybody got any good pasta dishes?

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck you Japan...

You still mad about that bomb thing?

lol

engrish-funny-japans-image-of-the-united-states-is-dropping-a-bit.jpg

lol...morning guys!:yo:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I'm a Star Trek fan but I'm also no expert. I think that covers every Captain Kirk Star Trek movie now.

to be perfectly honest, there is always an argument for which is worse Star Trek the Motion Picture and Star Trek V the Final Frontier..... Im with Star Trek V as I give so much a pass for Star Trek TMP for its first go and the way it introduced a lot of the technology for big money special effects. it was so great to see. not a super great movie but not anywhere near as bad as people claim.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be perfectly honest, there is always an argument for which is worse Star Trek the Motion Picture and Star Trek V the Final Frontier..... Im with Star Trek V as I give so much a pass for Star Trek TMP for its first go and the way it introduced a lot of the technology for big money special effects. it was so great to see. not a super great movie but not anywhere near as bad as people claim.

IMPERFECTLY REPORTED!

Really? There's a large group of people who think the Motion Picture is the worst one? I'm a little taken aback by that. I thought the underlying story was very cool. Us humans to this day want to know who and where our Creator is. The idea that this little box called Voyager travels the entire universe for 200 or 300 years in search for us, its creator, I find touching. I also liked the different type of filming in this one.

It's agreed that it's not the best one...I can think of 2 or 3 I'd place in front of it...but it's nowhere near deserving to be dead last.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMPERFECTLY REPORTED!

Really? There's a large group of people who think the Motion Picture is the worst one? I'm a little taken aback by that. I thought the underlying story was very cool. Us humans to this day want to know who and where our Creator is. The idea that this little box called Voyager travels the entire universe for 200 or 300 years in search for us, its creator, I find touching. I also liked the different type of filming in this one.

It's agreed that it's not the best one...I can think of 2 or 3 I'd place in front of it...but it's nowhere near deserving to be dead last.

Wrath of Khan
Undiscovered Country (for me personally I almost put this #1 it is REALLY good)
Voyage Home
Search for Spock
Motion Picture
Final Frontier.

I agree with you on your view of TMP. I think everyone wanted Wrath of Khan Action in TMP. I think that is why they have issues. and that the music and uniforms were so much COOLER in Wrath. People just kinda jumped on TMP a little too much

Last edited by a moderator:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, preconceived notions about TMP doomed it. OK, that makes a little more sense. I'll be part of the generation that restores it to its rightful place :D.

I haven't seen it in a looong time so maybe it needs another viewing, but I'd put the humpback whale movie last. I like humpback whales...but not enough to watch a movie about saving them. :D

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrath of Khan
Undiscovered Country (for me personally I almost put this #1 it is REALLY good)
Voyage Home
Search for Spock
Motion Picture
Final Frontier.

I agree with you on your view of TMP. I think everyone wanted Wrath of Khan Action in TMP. I think that is why they have issues. and that the music and uniforms were so much COOLER in Wrath. People just kinda jumped on TMP a little too much

Thats the order I would put them in too. The top 3 are very fun movies.
The first movie did have an interesting story but was slow and clunky. Maybe even a good editor might have helped it. As is I do not think its a very good movie.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am reading "The Greatest Sci-Fi Movies Never Made" by David Hughes right now and there is a chapter on Star Trek. I learned that there was going to be a Star Trek Phase 2 series that was going to air in 1978 and launch a Paramount TV network.
They had scripts, some sets, and all the actors signed (except Nimoy - but they added a younger Vulcan) but the series was halted just weeks before filming was to begin - depending on the source due either to the network folding before it began or the decision to make the movie instead, which folded the network.
They took some of the Phase 2 characters and worked them into the movie including Decker and Llia.

TMP script went through countless writers and Nimoy was not interested in it the majority of the time. He was finally talked into it at the end, and inserted into a mostly finished script so perhaps that why some people do not like his role in the first.

Also I learned that most every time Rodenberry pitched an idea he wanted the crew to go back in time to save Kennedy. Eventually they threw a bunch of money at him to use his name and he had little to do with the rest of the movies. At least according to this book, Nimoy did a ton of stuff behind the scenes in the movies that followed, from helping come up with ideas and even script revisions.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I heard about most of this. not much about the Gene Rodenberry part.

I am reading "The Greatest Sci-Fi Movies Never Made" by David Hughes right now and there is a chapter on Star Trek. I learned that there was going to be a Star Trek Phase 2 series that was going to air in 1978 and launch a Paramount TV network.
They had scripts, some sets, and all the actors signed (except Nimoy - but they added a younger Vulcan) but the series was halted just weeks before filming was to begin - depending on the source due either to the network folding before it began or the decision to make the movie instead, which folded the network.
They took some of the Phase 2 characters and worked them into the movie including Decker and Llia.

TMP script went through countless writers and Nimoy was not interested in it the majority of the time. He was finally talked into it at the end, and inserted into a mostly finished script so perhaps that why some people do not like his role in the first.

Also I learned that most every time Rodenberry pitched an idea he wanted the crew to go back in time to save Kennedy. Eventually they threw a bunch of money at him to use his name and he had little to do with the rest of the movies. At least according to this book, Nimoy did a ton of stuff behind the scenes in the movies that followed, from helping come up with ideas and even script revisions.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I heard about most of this. not much about the Gene Rodenberry part.

I had read about throw Rodenberry stuff years ago. I am amazed I did not evler hear about "Phase Two".

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to D&D early as fuck today... Ordered a muffin, got to work, ate it. The thing was fucking stale as fuck. You would expect fresh product that early in a shift. Which means those dirty ass illegal immingrants are probably carrying shit over from the night shift. Fuckers. I really need to start waking up a little earlier and just make my own breakfast/coffee. They always, ALWAYS fuck it up, yet I continue to go. :L

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to D&D early as fuck today... Ordered a muffin, got to work, ate it. The thing was fucking stale as fuck. You would expect fresh product that early in a shift. Which means those dirty ass illegal immingrants are probably carrying shit over from the night shift. Fuckers. I really need to start waking up a little earlier and just make my own breakfast/coffee. They always, ALWAYS fuck it up, yet I continue to go. :L

Morning Jeff,yea i dont blame ya!! I'd make my own breakfast too!:rolleyes2:

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No magic unstaleyummy spell on the 126 sided dice?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

The sad thing is I played that game from like age 10-14.

Status
Not open for further replies.