• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
made BBQ Beer Glazed Ribs on Saturday.

1 Cup of your favourite BBQ sauce (I make my own)
I can of lager beer (Ive experimented with many types just simple lager works best)
2 tablespoons of sodium reduced soy sauce (I just like sodium reduced)
2 tablespoons of maple syrup (you can add a little more if you like it sweeter)

mix well and put into deep pan
place your back or side ribs into the pan meat side down (although it doesnt really matter what side is down)

bring the sauce with the ribs in the pan to a soft boil and cover and cook for 45 mins to 1 hr (I usually do 1 hour)

take ribs out of pan and put aside.

continue to boil the sauce for 20 to 30 mins or if it reduces faster to thicken up the sauce...

put half of the sauce aside and the other half in another container

put the ribs on the BBQ and sizzle for 15 mins with a brush of the side sauce

when done cut ribs into single portions put in large bowl and put the half sauce all over and mix.... enjoy

KEEP the second half of that sauce for chicken wings.

the day before for the wings

1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil (or straight up whore olive oil)
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
2 teaspoons of paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt
1 teaspoon of celery seed
1 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
optional 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to make them more tender if needed

poor over 1 to 1 1/2 lbs of wings and mix until all is coated. place wings and remaining marinade in air tight bag/bowl and marinate for 24 to 30 hours

if you marinated the wings the day before then cook for the time needed (I put on indirect medium heat (400 degrees F) for about 45 mins.

take off BBQ and mix with left over sauce from Ribs mix until all wings are coated put back on BBQ for 5 to 10 mins on low heat

fucking ENJOY..........

I always boil my beef ribs, but haven't really with pork. I'm gonna try a batch that way.

My secret to pork (besides living amongst some of the best cornfed livestock in the world) is the vinegar. It breaks down some of the fat and tougher parts and makes the meat slide off the bone.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the rib boilers out there ... have you ever tried wrapping your ribs in foil and putting them straight on the bbq?

20 mins a side then remove the foil slap on the sauce and do 5 mins a side

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always boil my beef ribs, but haven't really with pork. I'm gonna try a batch that way.

My secret to pork (besides living amongst some of the best cornfed livestock in the world) is the vinegar. It breaks down some of the fat and tougher parts and makes the meat slide off the bone.

for my beef ribs. (I used to boil ribs as well in broth but got away from that)

4 to 5 lbs of beef ribs cut into 3 or 4 sections
allow ribs to stand at room temp for 20 to 30 mins (important)
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
sizzle on BBQ until ribs are seared over direct medium heat (8 to 10 mins) watch for flare ups as they will quite a bit.

separately cook together
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup jalapeño jelly
2 cups tomato sauce
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons of prepared chill powder

bring to a boil in small sauce pan

put ribs meat side down in DEEP pan not aluminum pan or cast iron (that you can put on the BBQ)

I use

30li2k3.png

and pour the sauce OVER the ribs covering them all

cook on indirect medium heat for 2 hours (1 hour lid on 1 hour lid off or until the meat pulls from the bone) turning pan around after 1st hour over.

remove ribs from sauce cut into individual ribs serve warm with some sauce drizzled over the top...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the rib boilers out there ... have you ever tried wrapping your ribs in foil and putting them straight on the bbq?

yeah Ive stacked them in the foil and heavily rubbed them with whatever pork rub that I feel like at the time. Ive never mastered this method

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I always wrap my ribs in foil the last 30 minutes of smoking. (basting every so often with a mop or baste during entire time before wrapping. something with apple juice as the main ingrediant is my fave) And then finish off on the grill with a BBQ sauce.

I should also add that I don't marinate them in anything before smoking. I use dry rub 24 hours beforehand.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for my beef ribs. (I used to boil ribs as well in broth but got away from that)

4 to 5 lbs of beef ribs cut into 3 or 4 sections
allow ribs to stand at room temp for 20 to 30 mins (important)
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
sizzle on BBQ until ribs are seared over direct medium heat (8 to 10 mins) watch for flare ups as they will quite a bit.

separately cook together
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup jalapeño jelly
2 cups tomato sauce
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons of prepared chill powder

bring to a boil in small sauce pan

put ribs meat side down in DEEP pan not aluminum pan or cast iron (that you can put on the BBQ)

I use

30li2k3.png

and pour the sauce OVER the ribs covering them all

cook on indirect medium heat for 2 hours (1 hour lid on 1 hour lid off or until the meat pulls from the bone) turning pan around after 1st hour over.

remove ribs from sauce cut into individual ribs serve warm with some sauce drizzled over the top...

Amazing! That sauce sounds awesome for a couple other meals as well.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally ate... But all of this still sounds fucking delicious.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally ate... But all of this still sounds fucking delicious.

almost every recipe I have for the BBQ requires me to stand close to it with a scotch in one hand for over 1 hour minimum :D

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost every recipe I have for the BBQ requires me to stand close to it with a scotch in one hand for over 1 hour minimum :D

There ain't nothing wrong with that. ;)

Although, I'm leaning more towards honey bourbon and a cigar. :nod:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This hangover was not even remotely worth it right now... So pissed at the Bruins lack of effort. Truly disheartening.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This hangover was not even remotely worth it right now... So pissed at the Bruins lack of effort. Truly disheartening.

Was supposed to be on station at 0645 and now 0800 and have not even took a shower. I am not moving to quickly today.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was supposed to be on station at 0645 and now 0800 and have not even took a shower. I am not moving to quickly today.

Meh, I kind of set myself up for a loss. Halfway through the game I kind of felt like we were going to lose. Seguin lifted my spirit a little, but they were just skating like shit. Lucic was fucking non-existent the whole series. I am not trying to take any credit away from the Caps D, and especially not Holtby, but there was more to our top lines not scoring than just that. They just looked flat. So pissed.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow..

I crashed somewhere in between periods 2 & 3, but at that point it looked to me like Boston was taking it over a little at a time. I thought the B's were winning the races and the battles up till that point.....the crowd was into it....the will seemed to be there....then I read this morning that the Caps won it. Weird.

Was Holtby that good that he made all the difference in the 3rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.