• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jesus that looks like something out of Starwars.

Ill add the dunes to the list.

also if you EVER have the chance drive from Vancouver to San Francisco through the redwoods. it was amazing. the trees are something to behold (and they filmed Return of the Jedi there lol)

(btw that picture was of the skywalk at the grand canyon)

that was the plan ... but the other couple we travelled with were a pain in the ass lol

have you ever driven through Cathedral Grove between Port Alberni and Tofino ... comparable?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(btw that picture was of the skywalk at the grand canyon)

that was the plan ... but the other couple we travelled with were a pain in the ass lol

have you ever driven through Cathedral Grove between Port Alberni and Tofino ... comparable?

no i have not its very strange I have not gone to tofino being so close.

going through the redwoods was like being in a different world. Ive never seen trees of that size.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have driven dune buggys in the Oregon sand dunes and it was a blast - Can't wait to do it again.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have driven dune buggys in the Oregon sand dunes and it was a blast - Can't wait to do it again.

that was AMAZING!

the first day we got a guided drive in a 4 person dune buggy and it was just undescribable ... again ... amazing for the eyes ... you drive through a twisting forst path and you get to this opening and BANG what a sight

the next day we rented ATVs/quads ... sat through the orientation video and stared at the board on the side of the shed that listed all the dollar fines and penalties for damaging the quads ... lol ... $10 for busting your flagpole

my wifes girlfriend flipped her quad and wehn we got back they could tell the allignment was off and she had to pay an extra $25 lol

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drove ATV's through the Baja. That shit was a blast. I def would love to do somehting like that again. Ain't no deserts over here.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile-in-italy_thumb.jpg

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn... The Black Keys got way too big. I've been wanting to catch them live real bad. But not in the same place the fucking Bruins play. Thats just too big of a place for them. They would be so much fun to get smashed and rock out to in a small venue. Not in a friggin arena.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'll let my mom know you like her work.
must.... not..... make..... mom-joke.......
Damn... The Black Keys got way too big. I've been wanting to catch them live real bad. But not in the same place the fucking Bruins play. Thats just too big of a place for them. They would be so much fun to get smashed and rock out to in a small venue. Not in a friggin arena.

yeah, i missed that boat too. :(
introduced their music to a lot of friends, but never saw them live.

re suspension bridges, I haven't been in years, but i actually preferred the Lynn Valley suspension bridge (and it's free)

3,000!!!! oh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we drove down the oregon coast 7 years ago now and stopped and stayed in alot of towns so I couldnt tell you direct drive time without looking it up. I just remember driving and it was all forest and wilderness (like BC) and then taking an S turn in the road and it was ocean and thousands of blue herons in the water and when we kept along that s turn it turned into a mountain of sand ... was just amazing

havent been to capilano since they did that treetops thing ... we did the xmas bridge lighting a couple years back when our son was 1 (that was fun walking the bridge at night with a 1 year old harnessed to me and fat people with no balance walking towards you going the other way) ... Im guessing we'll prob take the kids again this summer

this is on the bucket list

grand-canyon-1.jpg

That thing would freak me out. Just looking at the picture accelerated my pulse. I'm going to the Grand Canyon in a couple weeks, but I have this sinking feeling I'm going to have a phobia-induced panic attack while there, and my friends are going to have to take care of me...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That thing would freak me out. Just looking at the picture accelerated my pulse. I'm going to the Grand Canyon in a couple weeks, but I have this sinking feeling I'm going to have a phobia-induced panic attack while there, and my friends are going to have to take care of me...

the walkway floor is glass panelled so you can look under your feet at the canyon floor below ... and apparently, in the early morning as it heats up, each step you take comes with a cracking sound because the glass edges move against the rubber supporting seams fixed to the metal beams *gulp*

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing those suspension bridges in Vancouver reminds me of when I was a teenager, getting half way across the train tressel in West Van (whilst jogging) and being met by the Royal Hudson train coming around the corner. I had to turn around and run (30 meters, at least) with all I had to make it back to safety - jumping wasn't an option since it was about 75 feet in the air.

About a month later, same thing happened to a young couple. Unfortunately, they had to jump; the woman died.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the walkway floor is glass panelled so you can look under your feet at the canyon floor below ... and apparently, in the early morning as it heats up, each step you take comes with a cracking sound because the glass edges move against the rubber supporting seams fixed to the metal beams *gulp*

No...

Well, it's confirmed. I am not doing that. I would prefer to not have emergency personnel have to come save me from my heart attack.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking day today... No where near over either. At least my supervisor came in with pizzas. :D

And I will have my brand new pool tabel installed for later tonight. There is quite the selection of beer calling my name from the fridge right now... about 6 more hours... 6 more hours. Beer, hockey, pool. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.