• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew Mark Cuban was the voice of reason.

Let's not forget he had to plug his own vested interest in this tweet also.

Last edited:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew Mark Cuban was the voice of reason.

Let's not forget he had to plug his own vested interest in this tweet also.

Everybody has their own vested interest. Hotez didn't have to chime in on RFK's interview with Rogan, he chose to because he knew it'd get him some engagement and maybe even the dopamine hit of an interview or two on TV (which he got from MSNBC yesterday).

I don't have any time for the anti-vaxxers but I have about as little time for Covid-era talking heads trying to stay relevant.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I have to admit, you know, I did the fair bit of [hesitates] masturbating when I was a little younger. I used to call it stroking the salami. Yeah, you know, pounding the old pud. [pause] I never did it with baked goods, but you know your uncle Mort, he pets the one-eyed snake 5-6 times a day."

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody has their own vested interest. Hotez didn't have to chime in on RFK's interview with Rogan, he chose to because he knew it'd get him some engagement and maybe even the dopamine hit of an interview or two on TV (which he got from MSNBC yesterday).

I don't have any time for the anti-vaxxers but I have about as little time for Covid-era talking heads trying to stay relevant.
Sadly he wasn't trying to stay completely involved. He literally had people show up at his house on Father's Day giving him a hard time about this which prompted the later response.

Also, from his standpoint there is a sense of doing what is morally right to respond on top of ones own ego.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly he wasn't trying to stay completely involved. He literally had people show up at his house on Father's Day giving him a hard time about this which prompted the later response.

Also, from his standpoint there is a sense of doing what is morally right to respond on top of ones own ego.
If he wants to respond why not debate him then? Not like he has any issue with Rogan, he’s gone on twice and debated him about vaccines.

There’s an easy way to avoid this shit in 2023, just don’t tweet. If you’re going to inject yourself into the nutjobsphere expect nutjobs. Dude’s not an idiot, he wants a few more minute of spotlight.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to respond why not debate him then? Not like he has any issue with Rogan, he’s gone on twice and debated him about vaccines.

There’s an easy way to avoid this shit in 2023, just don’t tweet. If you’re going to inject yourself into the nutjobsphere expect nutjobs. Dude’s not an idiot, he wants a few more minute of spotlight.
He didn't directly respond, his initial response was to Musk.

I don't deny he should just ignore the situation but when you have people showing up to your house it does change it a little.
Also there is nothing to debate, an actual scientist debating a nutjob? That isn't a debate that is just a sideshow and RFK JR should be treated as such. Ridicule him and not give him the time to rebut any factual stance with his inane opinion.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't directly respond, his initial response was to Musk.

I don't deny he should just ignore the situation but when you have people showing up to your house it does change it a little.
Also there is nothing to debate, an actual scientist debating a nutjob? That isn't a debate that is just a sideshow and RFK JR should be treated as such. Ridicule him and not give him the time to rebut any factual stance with his inane opinion.
I scrolled his feed and from what I can tell the first direct comment from him about this was in response to an NY Post article about the RFK interview and him asking the the Post is goading him to debate RFK.

His name only appears in that article in a Twitter link that a lazy writer likely just used to show a snippet of the interview so I’m not even sure what he’s talking about here.

His subsequent posts were a bunch of links to buy his books and reposts of people posting that he shouldn’t debate nutjobs because it only benefits the nutjobs, which, true but if you’re going to dedicate this much of your space to the nutjobs you’re just doing the same thing?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I scrolled his feed and from what I can tell the first direct comment from him about this was in response to an NY Post article about the RFK interview and him asking the the Post is goading him to debate RFK.

His name only appears in that article in a Twitter link that a lazy writer likely just used to show a snippet of the interview so I’m not even sure what he’s talking about here.

His subsequent posts were a bunch of links to buy his books and reposts of people posting that he shouldn’t debate nutjobs because it only benefits the nutjobs, which, true but if you’re going to dedicate this much of your space to the nutjobs you’re just doing the same thing?
The post to Elon was the next day, sorry my bad.

Anyway I didn't see posts about buying his books (until more recently) as the prior were like this:

As for response on twitter to these nutjobs can go either way, one it shows the proper ridicule necessary and the fuels their crazy fire.
No matter what he will not look good, if he totally ignored, responded the way he did or "debating" RFK Jr.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this sounds kind of terrifying. Hopefully it ends up better than it sounds.

I thought it was just crew and not any actual tourists

Maybe they should just leave that area alone and let the dead rip

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elon might have bigger concerns that taking on Dr. Peter Hotez...

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post to Elon was the next day, sorry my bad.

Anyway I didn't see posts about buying his books (until more recently) as the prior were like this:

As for response on twitter to these nutjobs can go either way, one it shows the proper ridicule necessary and the fuels their crazy fire.
No matter what he will not look good, if he totally ignored, responded the way he did or "debating" RFK Jr.
Imagine if Fauci spent this much time on this stuff though, is my point.

Dude is already “the enemy” to these people, why spend time on this, today, long after most people give a rats ass about anything Covid-related? I just see it as more grift and now just more fire that will turn a few more normally rational people to the “well, maybe the anti-vaxers have some good points” column. Which is the entire exercise here that he’s feeding into acknowledging it at all but can’t resist because like many during the pandemic he got a sweet taste of fame and doesn’t want to let it go.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, Fox has informed all of their TV personalities to push back on any fake election claims...

Status
Not open for further replies.