• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be easier to just remove every window in every public building and replace every door with steel blast doors?

Sure, but that's going to lead to a tragic loss of life when somebody sets the school on fire.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be easier to just remove every window in every public building and replace every door with steel blast doors?
I mean they did that in Alabama but it still takes that teacher 5 minutes to close that door/dry-erase board in the classrooms. Way more than enough time to save lives from an automatic rifle <sarcasm>.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear me out, what if we moved our schools into prisons?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear me out, what if we moved our schools into prisons?

1e650d08-fdef-4547-82e2-3a23e414e86d_text.gif

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just imagine having the audacity to say this to Fred Guttenberg!

And here is the tweet Fred was responding to. Yeah these Mooks

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just imagine having the audacity to say this to Fred Guttenberg!

And here is the tweet Fred was responding to. Yeah these Mooks

Isn’t the response true though? Far more children are murdered outside of schools than in schools but they get absolutely zero attention on the national level because, well, I dunno you guys tell me? And banning assault rifles won’t do much about that.

Not that your school shooting problems arent fucking horrific and unique and completely reprehensible but Joe Biden spent a good chunk of his speech yesterday talking about how he can’t believe gun violence is the leading cause of death for children and yet his solutions included nothing about addressing the root causes that lead to the vast majority of those deaths - poverty, gang violence, poor policing, lack of social services etc.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t the response true though? Far more children are murdered outside of schools than in schools but they get absolutely zero attention on the national level because, well, I dunno you guys tell me? And banning assault rifles won’t do much about that.

Not that your school shooting problems arent fucking horrific and unique and completely reprehensible but Joe Biden spent a good chunk of his speech yesterday talking about how he can’t believe gun violence is the leading cause of death for children and yet his solutions included nothing about addressing the root causes that lead to the vast majority of those deaths - poverty, gang violence, poor policing, lack of social services etc.
Statistics show more deaths outside of schools but even if there are no fatalities in a school shooting, far more of the survivors are traumatized for life. So if you look at both the deaths and the irreparable psychological effects on those children, school shootings are much worse.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistics show more deaths outside of schools but even if there are no fatalities in a school shooting, far more of the survivors are traumatized for life. So if you look at both the deaths and the irreparable psychological effects on those children, school shootings are much worse.
I'd say the kids living in areas more susceptible to day-to-day violence are pretty psychologically messed up too no?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

maybe start with guns and go from there?

oddly, and even larger majority of gun violence has something else in common. (you guessed it, it's the guns)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oddly, and even larger majority of gun violence has something else in common. (you guessed it, it's the guns)
its always everything but the guns ... always :L

and to bring up the virtually unfixable (non quick fix) social issues and problems that exist all through out countries in the western world like they are an easy fix in this society/global economy :L .. you know what doesnt exist in those countries to the outrageous degree that it exists in the US ... MASS SHOOTINGS! ... IT'S THE GUNS!!!

pure repetitive stupidity ! :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Banning assault rifles (which they should do) will likely have an impact on the mass shootings but they will have no impact on all the other shootings and again those are the ones responsible for the majority of child deaths by gun. And those deaths, those issues are generational, they don't discriminate on red states/blue states and they don't seem to get better or worse based on who's in the WH or controls congress.

And for the record, this is a Canadian issue too. There's a school shooting/stabbing in Toronto every other week. That should be absolutely fucking intolerable but it disappears from newscycles in a day. It's failure all around and it goes far beyond banning assault rifles yet everybody, every level of government, twiddles their thumbs and goes on with their lives. It's fucked.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, another month of Trump fund raising then?

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that nothing is ever going to happen to him, and he will be the president again in 2024. Nobody in the government, department of justice, law-enforcement etc. has the balls to stand up this guy.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.