• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norwegian reindeer = Palestinian Chicken ???

giphy__26_.gif

Response memes/gifs referencing Curb and Always Sunny.

As the young folks say, I feel seen. :)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wonder if they all will wear white boots?

But nothing authoritarian here…nope not at all.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One month ago:

63F598F2-F769-4FE2-9685-28686833BB5C.jpeg

Today:

How in the absolute fuck is this guy allowed to provide “financial expertise” on a daily basis? How did he survive his GR fuckups and Jon Stewart rolling him over coals to be able to do this some more?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
How in the absolute fuck is this guy allowed to provide “financial expertise” on a daily basis? How did he survive his GR fuckups and Jon Stewart rolling him over coals to be able to do this some more?
He has always been horrible.

back when i was active in the markets i would often trade against him,
His platform gave all of these shitty companies a very short term boost. bam, hit 'em with the put options
aside from the he was often terribly wrong, that market pop would almost always regress to normal in short order.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has always been horrible.

back when i was active in the markets i would often trade against him,
His platform gave all of these shitty companies a very short term boost. bam, hit 'em with the put options
aside from the he was often terribly wrong, that market pop would almost always regress to normal in short order.
There are "Inverse Cramer" ETF's now. You were ahead of the game lol

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s gonna be mass layoffs in the tech startup field because of SVB failing. These companies can’t make payroll and that can pierce the corporate veil so it’s time to cut bait and quick.

Also, the bank has known this was coming for at least two weeks as I heard from some venture backed start up who bank there the bank was getting nervous on credit lines for series b and c rounds and looking to pull them.

Cramer was on Twitter this morning saying there was hope and telling people it will be bought. Two hours later the bank is in receivership.

In short, this is a shock to the system but shouldn’t be systemic. Those in charge of the bank used bad investment strategies focused on the long term which got them killed with rising interest rates.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s gonna be mass layoffs in the tech startup field because of SVB failing. These companies can’t make payroll and that can pierce the corporate veil so it’s time to cut bait and quick.

Also, the bank has known this was coming for at least two weeks as I heard from some venture backed start up who bank there the bank was getting nervous on credit lines for series b and c rounds and looking to pull them.

Cramer was on Twitter this morning saying there was hope and telling people it will be bought. Two hours later the bank is in receivership.

In short, this is a shock to the system but shouldn’t be systemic. Those in charge of the bank used bad investment strategies focused on the long term which got them killed with rising interest rates.
Don't know a lot about the situation, but couldn't a larger bank scoop up the remains and get a bailout to fix the problem?

I used to work for a bank that scooped up a smaller failed bank that had made a hash of the housing bubble and made a ton. Feels like this situation parallels.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't be surprised if he has genetic ties to Mussolini.

"Cinemas were required to screen government propaganda in the form of newsreels. Fascists owned 66 percent of the newspapers and controlled reporting, issuing daily editorial guidelines and threatening editors with arrest."

"The Order of Journalists was created and membership was mandatory. Newspapers were allowed to criticize the government as long as they generally expressed support."

Last edited:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

beauty part is this already have a logo designed. I think y'all know which one

Status
Not open for further replies.