• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile in Texas...

So far, there have been seven deaths reported from the ice storm, but we probably won't know the full toll until much later. The 2021 outage led to the deaths of more than 100 people.

Things have gotten so bad over in Gov. Greg Abbott's Texas that people were mass dumpster diving this weekend in the parking lot of an Austin H-E-B grocery store that had to throw out a ton of refrigerated food due to the power loss. Someone took notice and posted on social media that there was free food in their dumpster, and more than 250 people showed up to claim some for themselves.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I was no fan of Nancy Pelosi, it's hard to imagine sinking any lower than the following:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dash crazy origin story of the day i was a born again Christian back in the early 90s. I remember 1 Christmas eve in the hall and everyone started speaking in Tongues. I was confused to say the least. This 9 year old girl saw my look & whispered to me "Just fake it, they all do" I often think of where she is now

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dash crazy origin story of the day i was a born again Christian back in the early 90s. I remember 1 Christmas eve in the hall and everyone started speaking in Tongues. I was confused to say the least. This 9 year old girl saw my look & whispered to me "Just fake it, they all do" I often think of where she is now

I grew up in the Catholic church and would say I was pretty devout up until my mid-20s. As time went by though, I grew more and more disenchanted with some of the directions and decisions the church was moving towards and I am a very lapse Catholic today.

Status
Not open for further replies.