• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOTE: I was going to include PK Subban but he doesn't do stuff the white way.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MV5BZDAxMmQ0MTktNTNhYS00Nzk5LTkxZWYtZTdjY2I4ZjBjOWUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

Sadly, there's no shortage of chuds who think DC should be the face of our currency.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it is already too late, but if Trump doesn't go to jail the USA will never recover from this in our lifetimes. Justice will be forever tarnished and the Republicans will go past recovery.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it is already too late, but if Trump doesn't go to jail the USA will never recover from this in our lifetimes. Justice will be forever tarnished and the Republicans will go past recovery.
Yeah there are definitely two Americas (maybe more). One for the rich and one for the others.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there are definitely two Americas (maybe more). One for the rich and one for the others.
Got a great view of some of this yesterday. I had to deliver equipment to a bunch of different locations, because that's what application analysts do I guess.

I started my day in Bel Air, nice enough place. Next stop was Towson and GPS took me through beautiful areas. Small countryish towns, huge estates, and lots of horse farms. Towson is fine, every ten years it gets a complete face-lift while other parts of the county are ignored for decades (forever).

The next leg was Towson to Mount Washington. Crazy disparities along that way. You go through Roland Park which is beautiful and tremendously rich, and go by the Pimlico area* which is really a worn down area.

The last leg was Mount Washington to Woodlawn and GPS took me through areas I've never been. Kind of nice really. A lot of the area had seen better days but people were hanging in and they looked like nice neighborhoods. Plus a lot of the houses were older in a good way, with really cool architecture.

So in my 3 hour trip I probably went through the haves and have nots 4 or 5 times.

*51 years old and from here but yesterday might have been the first time I ever saw Pimlico in person

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my trip yesterday I saw something I wish I had taken a picture of.
Nice single family home in a decent neighborhood. It had a ladder going to the 2nd floor. On the roof a wooden walkway with railings was built going about 6 feet to a window. Normal single window, not a door or anything.

"Sure we got a room for rent. Easy to get to too. Just climb the ladder to the roof, walk on the pier we built- with railings!, get on your hands and knees and climb in the window. Just $700 a month!"

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a great view of some of this yesterday. I had to deliver equipment to a bunch of different locations, because that's what application analysts do I guess.

I started my day in Bel Air, nice enough place. Next stop was Towson and GPS took me through beautiful areas. Small countryish towns, huge estates, and lots of horse farms. Towson is fine, every ten years it gets a complete face-lift while other parts of the county are ignored for decades (forever).

The next leg was Towson to Mount Washington. Crazy disparities along that way. You go through Roland Park which is beautiful and tremendously rich, and go by the Pimlico area* which is really a worn down area.

The last leg was Mount Washington to Woodlawn and GPS took me through areas I've never been. Kind of nice really. A lot of the area had seen better days but people were hanging in and they looked like nice neighborhoods. Plus a lot of the houses were older in a good way, with really cool architecture.

So in my 3 hour trip I probably went through the haves and have nots 4 or 5 times.

*51 years old and from here but yesterday might have been the first time I ever saw Pimlico in person
I know this entire drive. I lived in Bel Air and worked a few blocks from the harbor. At this time, my mom lived in Hampden one or two streets over from what would be considered Roland Park. I drove through Roland Park on the way to and from her house. And Mrs 43's parents live in Woodlawn. So on occasions where we would go from my mom's to her parents we went right through Pimlico and Cherry Hill. We tried not to do that often.

And when visiting my mom at work at the zoo, I'd go through Druid Hill and see those massive homes and a view into what must have been an amazing neighborhood at one time but is a DMZ now. The area around Pimlico looked like it would have been beautiful once too.

It is crazy how quickly it changes from up to down. Mrs 43's parents live on a dead end street. 4 houses built between 1920 and 1965. Other side of the dead end is townhouses with boarded windows and cars on blocks.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this entire drive. I lived in Bel Air and worked a few blocks from the harbor. At this time, my mom lived in Hampden one or two streets over from what would be considered Roland Park. I drove through Roland Park on the way to and from her house. And Mrs 43's parents live in Woodlawn. So on occasions where we would go from my mom's to her parents we went right through Pimlico and Cherry Hill. We tried not to do that often.

And when visiting my mom at work at the zoo, I'd go through Druid Hill and see those massive homes and a view into what must have been an amazing neighborhood at one time but is a DMZ now. The area around Pimlico looked like it would have been beautiful once too.

It is crazy how quickly it changes from up to down. Mrs 43's parents live on a dead end street. 4 houses built between 1920 and 1965. Other side of the dead end is townhouses with boarded windows and cars on blocks.
I went to a work event at the zoo a few months ago. Druid may be bouncing back a bit. Things looked better now than when I was there a few years ago.

Those houses in that area are great. It's like the builder 100 years ago said "it's nice, but how about we add a small tower on the sude with a tall pointy roof?"

Status
Not open for further replies.