• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure, I think these people are in the minority, but they have the largest megaphone. If you can believe the polling, people are in favor of women's right to abortion and for more gun control legislation, people are in favor of student debt forgiveness, in other words, the US as a whole are looking out for their fellow man. It speaks volumes to me that the Republicans can't seem to win the popular vote these days, if not for the antiquated Library of Congress and gerrymandering, they wouldn't win much of anything. What policies are Republicans putting forward these days to better the lives of Americans, all they seem to be focused on are culture wars.

Slowly but surely, I think people are starting to get the message.
Yeah, but they seem to produce the most to the gene pool. Let's only hope the morons die off soon enough.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always seemed to me that Canadians are very similar to Americans, but just a little better than us in most ways. I'm not ashamed to say it. I love my country, but you all are just a little more friendly, a little smarter, a little more relaxed, etc. Kudos to all of you.

There are 3 exceptions and I will enumerate now as this moment is illustrative of one of them:

(1) You all use the "u" in weird ways. I wish you would stop it. Or stoup it as you might say in your syrup-soaked homeland. It's still moderately endearing - damn you, Canada!!
(2) We blow you out of the water in the Olympics and spourts. Sure, you are great at hockey, but we have you beat at almost everything else.
(3) Bend your knee to your new king, you subjugated fools. You're 250 years late for the revolution... but better late than never is the expression.

Charles is a pushouver... now is your time, Canada! I wish you well.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles is a pushouver... now is your time, Canada! I wish you well.
We couldn't get our constitution ratified with a monarch people actually liked. There's already been growing grumbling about people who immigrate here from places the UK subjugated and colonized having to then pledge allegiance to the Queen when they become citizens.

Canada isn't a republic today solely because the absolute clusterfuck that would happen if we dive into an entirely new constitution was seen as something to avoid entirely for decades. To do so today, with the country as fucking haywire as it's been at least since the 90s, good fuckin luck. Just replacing the Indian Act alone would be a nightmare.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White people are fucking unhinged

Look at her eyes. All of this is a product of Trump and everything he has been. Fucking insaneScreenshot_20220908-132902~2.png

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The North now has a KingInCollage_20220908_135602155.jpg

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is a parody account but sad how many folks actually believe this.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to witness a fun meltdown on facebook yesterday. Guy I went to Highschool with who is constantly posting libertarian codswallop went off abut Biden. His first post was "He just called half the country the enemy". A frequent antagonizer who went to High School with us, a black guy who is a high ranking dude at a large bank now, pointed out that there are 330 million people and only 74 million voted for him so at best it's 20% of the country and it stands to reason that not all of the 74 million are the true believers so it's probably more like 7-10%. Well, that didn't go over well so the first guy went on a rant about being attacked.

The response was basically what is obvious to everyone else. "If saying anti-democracy feelings and fascism are bad triggers you, I have bad news for you".

Nutball deleted posts and purged his friends list. I made the cut, weirdly even after my rant the other day about how anyone who thinks our healthcare system works is a fool.
Follow up: This guy just posted pictures of his new vehicle.

Go ahead. Guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.