• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked this up because this guy is a paid democrat rage-inducer and this seems insane and I can’t find anything even kind of saying that. Only article mentioning it that I could find was from Fox and unless it’s completely off base and omitting a shit ton (plausible, admittedly) this sounds like horseshit.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked this up because this guy is a paid democrat rage-inducer and this seems insane and I can’t find anything even kind of saying that. Only article mentioning it that I could find was from Fox and unless it’s completely off base and omitting a shit ton (plausible, admittedly) this sounds like horseshit.

You would hope it is horseshit, but the behavior of House Republicans of late makes it seem quite plausible...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I often think about cashing in and moving back to Calgary - However, I've gotten soft and spoiled to the weather out here on the island.
I’m doing okay but we’ve discussed maybe going stateside a few times, one because we’ve become spoiled by warmer weather and two because we’re talking about starting a family and the fact you can’t buy a nice suburban 4 bedroom home with some land for less than $2 million anywhere around here is just depressing.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I often think about cashing in and moving back to Calgary - However, I've gotten soft and spoiled to the weather out here on the island.

I’m doing okay but we’ve discussed maybe going stateside a few times, one because we’ve become spoiled by warmer weather and two because we’re talking about starting a family and the fact you can’t buy a nice suburban 4 bedroom home with some land for less than $2 million anywhere around here is just depressing.

I keep trying to convince my wife to move back to Calgary. Vancouver is completely unlivable financially and gets worse every month. We could sell the house buy something very close in Calgary and still pocket a ton of cash. She is from Calgary and like Dash doesn't want to change the weather.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep trying to convince my wife to move back to Calgary. Vancouver is completely unlivable financially and gets worse every month. We could sell the house buy something very close in Calgary and still pocket a ton of cash. She is from Calgary and like Dash doesn't want to change the weather.

hell I keep a watch on my old childhood home to see if it comes for sale :)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet somehow it all ends up on my Twitter feed despite me not following a single news source lol
Funny that seems to be a common theme with Twitter now. With all these folks we don't follow end up on our feeds.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile in NYC...

when the wife and I went there we spent a minimum $100 for any place we went to for breakfast or lunch or dinner. we coulda done the hotdog or fastfood route but wanted a little more. It certainly was the second most expensive city I have been to (London was first if I remember correctly)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when the wife and I went there we spent a minimum $100 for any place we went to for breakfast or lunch or dinner. we coulda done the hotdog or fastfood route but wanted a little more. It certainly was the second most expensive city I have been to (London was first if I remember correctly)
If you stay in Manhattan the whole time that'll be the case.

Lots of cheaper stuff in the other boroughs but you've got to have the time or reasoning to go there I suppose.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you stay in Manhattan the whole time that'll be the case.

Lots of cheaper stuff in the other boroughs but you've got to have the time or reasoning to go there I suppose.
when we went to Greenwich Village and Brooklyn it was better. Found a old bar in Greenwich Village that had a great family run bar that had $4 sleeves. I did absolutely love that trip.

corner bistro.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other Toronto's gone insane news, this guy watched Blues Brothers this weekend.

tumblr_mnbxg8YKBd1qedb29o1_500.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when we went to Greenwich Village and Brooklyn it was better. Found a old bar in Greenwich Village that had a great family run bar that had $4 sleeves. I did absolutely love that trip.

View attachment 320316
For me, when I go to NYC food wise I go for pizza and sandwiches for the most part so I don’t end up spending a fortune. It’s not that their better restaurants aren’t worth going to, it’s just that I don’t find them to be super spectacular compared to what I could get in Toronto and the cost was so much more that it didn’t make sense to do so.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, when I go to NYC food wise I go for pizza and sandwiches for the most part so I don’t end up spending a fortune. It’s not that their better restaurants aren’t worth going to, it’s just that I don’t find them to be super spectacular compared to what I could get in Toronto and the cost was so much more that it didn’t make sense to do so.

same.

also when I went to that bar I met a guy from long island and we talked Islanders and Canucks hockey which was such a fantastic experience with a New Yorker.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same.

also when I went to that bar I met a guy from long island and we talked Islanders and Canucks hockey which was such a fantastic experience with a New Yorker.

Until you said "Potvin sucks" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.