• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a fucking storage unit!!!
Bidding Storage Wars GIF by TrueReal

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a fucking storage unit!!!
the fact that he is currently not being led away in handcuffs says this is either all bullshit or justice is impossible to carry out in the USA. if it is the latter then I saw you need to blow up your own country.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, that blue cluster in SW Georgia, what's going on there? Those aren't major population areas, are they?

1670442667167.png

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, that blue cluster in SW Georgia, what's going on there? Those aren't major population areas, are they?

View attachment 316025
No major population centers, but they are all (or mostly, I didn't check every one of them) majority African American population that are part of the "Black Belt" region.

If I recall correctly, the term originally referred to the fertile black soil of the area, but later was also used to refer to the population demographics.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did I miss the high interest rates the last dozen years??
From July 2020:

Bank of Canada Governor Tiff Macklem assured Canadian households and businesses that borrowing rates will remain at historic lows for the foreseeable future.

“Our message to Canadians is that interest rates are very low and they’re going to be there for a long time,” Macklem said at a press conference Wednesday.

His comments came after the central bank announced it is holding its key interest rate at 0.25 per cent in response to what it calls an “extremely uncertain” economic outlook due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“If you’ve got a mortgage of if you’re considering making a major purchase, or you’re a business and you’re considering making an investment, you can be confident rates will be low for a long time,” Macklem said.

Regardless of Pierre's desire to have our central bank run by that FTX crypto scam artist or whatever he's been right about Macklem, he shouldn't be in charge of the BoC based on this quote alone.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From July 2020:

Bank of Canada Governor Tiff Macklem assured Canadian households and businesses that borrowing rates will remain at historic lows for the foreseeable future.

“Our message to Canadians is that interest rates are very low and they’re going to be there for a long time,” Macklem said at a press conference Wednesday.

His comments came after the central bank announced it is holding its key interest rate at 0.25 per cent in response to what it calls an “extremely uncertain” economic outlook due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“If you’ve got a mortgage of if you’re considering making a major purchase, or you’re a business and you’re considering making an investment, you can be confident rates will be low for a long time,” Macklem said.

Regardless of Pierre's desire to have our central bank run by that FTX crypto scam artist or whatever he's been right about Macklem, he shouldn't be in charge of the BoC based on this quote alone.
Ahh and agree. Absolutely no way rates were going to remain where they were.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh and agree. Absolutely no way rates were going to remain where they were.
Which a lot of people knew but a lot of people also didn’t and when you hear the guy who controls rates say that they will stay low so fuck it go buy a house a lot of people who were worried did so and may not have locked in which, well, I’m guessing they aren’t having a very merry Christmas.

At the very least he shouldn’t be Governor anymore, and should probably have to sit before a committee and explain exactly what the fuck he was thinking when he said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.