• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what it was that happened to guys and gals like Mitch McConnell when they said to themselves.. "yeah I'm just going to be this corrupt and despicable for the rest of my entire life and be fine with it... "

Was it an action? A betrayal? Or were they born that way and raised that way..

What an absolute disgusting crop of people they are

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what it was that happened to guys and gals like Mitch McConnell when they said to themselves.. "yeah I'm just going to be this corrupt and despicable for the rest of my entire life and be fine with it... "

Oh they are awful people. I bet some of them start out trying to do good things for their people and be less awful for fear of losing their seat. They are probably as amazed as anyone that they can do absolutely nothing for their states, openly be bought and sold, and be the terrible people they are and still getting voted in year after year after year...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think there are two types:

I think some believe in their principles enough that they rationalize their immorality with a greater good argument. And you see this on both sides, I think the Clintons probably fit this archtype pretty well, but have much better intentions overall than say, a Mitch McConnell. I think they get so wrapped up in it that they can't tell when it's gone too far or their tribalism instinct kicks in and overtakes their initial greater good intentions. The real kicker is that many of the principles they believe in are actually wrong making them the real double whammy we see with today's Republicans - supply side economics doesn't work, climate change is real, black/brown people should be treated like the rest of us, and on and on. They are then supported by an ignorant gaggle of voters so stupid they support a candidate with literally zero actually policy positions other than "we are going to win and not lose" and "i love america and they don't." It's a real shit sandwich.

I think the others are just morons who've stumbled into power/money/notoriety who never would have achieved that in any other life path and are aided due to the geographically disperse requirements of running for office. They are often uneducated and have little guiding principles other than their own fortune. They often rise on a single issue and can have little experience in politics (and sometimes very little professional experience of ANY kind). Boebart and Greene fit this typology. These individuals often excel because they live in jurisdictions with incredibly ignorant voters where you see fear stoking more than policy building. And it doesn't take many people to get them there. Greene for example won her primary with less than 50,000 votes in a jurisdiction where she was all but guaranteed to win the general election with the R by her name.

There are certainly a few Democrats that fall under these types, but almost all Republicans do, which is why they find themselves swearing fealty to a confused, functionally illiterate, con man who is a former reality TV star. It's a race to the bottom on the right.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think some believe in their principles enough that they rationalize their immorality with a greater good argument. And you see this on both sides, I think the Clintons probably fit this archtype pretty well, but have much better intentions overall than say, a Mitch McConnell. I think they get so wrapped up in it that they can't tell when it's gone too far or their tribalism instinct kicks in and overtakes their initial greater good intentions. The real kicker is that many of the principles they believe in are actually wrong making them the real double whammy we see with today's Republicans - supply side economics doesn't work, climate change is real, black/brown people should be treated like the rest of us, and on and on. They are then supported by an ignorant gaggle of voters so stupid they support a candidate with literally zero actually policy positions other than "we are going to win and not lose" and "i love america and they don't." It's a real shit sandwich.

I think the others are just morons who've stumbled into power/money/notoriety who never would have achieved that in any other life path and are aided due to the geographically disperse requirements of running for office. They are often uneducated and have little guiding principles other than their own fortune. They often rise on a single issue and can have little experience in politics (and sometimes very little professional experience of ANY kind). Boebart and Greene fit this typology. These individuals often excel because they live in jurisdictions with incredibly ignorant voters where you see fear stoking more than policy building. And it doesn't take many people to get them there. Greene for example won her primary with less than 50,000 votes in a jurisdiction where she was all but guaranteed to win the general election with the R by her name.

There are certainly a few Democrats that fall under these types, but almost all Republicans do, which is why they find themselves swearing fealty to a confused, functionally illiterate, con man who is a former reality TV star. It's a race to the bottom on the right.
There's a third type, which is probably most prevalent...the bat ass crazy religious freaks guided by their self-fulfilling insanity.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a third type, which is probably most prevalent...the bat ass crazy religious freaks guided by their self-fulfilling insanity.
I would also argue that there are plenty who don't believe a word of the BS they're spewing and aren't even trying to justify it to themselves beyond the money and/or influence it brings them.

A guy like Bill O'Reilly for example. I don't think be believes the majority of the shit he spewed, but he knew it was ticket to multi-millionaire status. Contrast that to say a Limbaugh or MTG who I think really believe what they say.

FWIW, I consider the bucket of people who know they're full of shit and exploiting the masses to be worse than the ones who truly believe, regardless of how misguided their beliefs may seem.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I consider the bucket of people who know they're full of shit and exploiting the masses to be worse than the ones who truly believe, regardless of how misguided their beliefs may seem.
Still, you wouldn't have the one without the other. And there's way too many of the other destroying this country.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
What in the ever loving fuck?

Don't care if the planet is in peril (of which the USA is a resident), 'Murica!
What a despicable piece of shit.

Attitudes like this (and the 50 million or so that agree with him) is the reason why the USA will never be a contender in any meaningful measure again.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty cool that the Texas senate worked all night to pass a voter restriction bill. All night in a holiday weekend, yeah nothing to see here.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching a documentary on the Tulsa massacre. It's sickening that it never got talked about throughout history and is never marked every year. I really only learned about the scale of it a few years ago. Until 2020 not even schools in Tulsa acknowledged or taught about it.

I guess we only "never forget" when we're attacked from outside. We just ignore when we do it to ourselves.

Fuck racists.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the irony...

Lt. Gov. Patrick rips Texas Dems' walkout over voting legislation: 'Not the way democracy works'​

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the irony...

Lt. Gov. Patrick rips Texas Dems' walkout over voting legislation: 'Not the way democracy works'​

This is the same guy who just wanted old people to die rather than having a lockdown, right? Yeah, STFO Dan!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same guy who just wanted old people to die rather than having a lockdown, right? Yeah, STFO Dan!

They don't want to solve problems that actually exist and stoke fears to solve problems that do not exist.

It's the most cowardly, fear-mongering gaggle of ignorant morons ever assembled in one party in America.

Why build your party platform to improve the challenges that face society when you can instead work to create a narrative to fit the reality you'd prefer to be true?!?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching a documentary on the Tulsa massacre. It's sickening that it never got talked about throughout history and is never marked every year. I really only learned about the scale of it a few years ago. Until 2020 not even schools in Tulsa acknowledged or taught about it.

I guess we only "never forget" when we're attacked from outside. We just ignore when we do it to ourselves.

Fuck racists.
What is even worse how little is taught about it in school.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Texas we got Newsmax...

:wtf:

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The motherfucker can’t get reinstated to Twitter but he is going to be reinstated as POTUS.

You can’t make this shit up yet there are 75,000,000 idiotic Americans who will believe this.

Status
Not open for further replies.