• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Mark Meadows has given a magazine a copy of a Power Point floating around within the Trump admin before January 6th which is a blueprint for overthrowing democracy and blaming foreign governments. "Ending Democracy" is supposedly in the title.

There are two problems:
1) The Magazine is Rolling Stone
2) The two slides I have seen look less professional than my daughter's 7th grade presentation on Emily Dickinson.

However, everywhere that is supposedly hosting the full slide deck has pretty well been shot down. Soooo...

If the thing is real, it's pretty clear why Trump has been fighting so hard to block the release of all docs. If they are THAT stupid and blatant...
The problems
Rolling Stone being the magazine will make some people take it less seriously but at times they have done some pretty good journalism. Did you see their 500 Best Instances Of Side-boob? Groundbreaking.
The stuff looking unprofessional again might make people scoff, but can we see anyone on his team doing an actual good job?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ So if guns were stolen and used in a crime, the owner should be charged as an accessory for not properly securing the weapons.
They should. Which is one of the reasons why gun fetishists fight so hard against a national registry.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet it shows up on next week on a beach in a country without an extradition treaty.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet it shows up on next week on a beach in a country without an extradition treaty.
Beetle-Herbie-Love-Bug-Disney-VW-h5.jpg

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This thread proves how fucked up the USA is as a country.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know, if you took .01 percent of the money allocated to the defense budget and gave it to public education, you wouldn't have teachers performing like circus animals trying to get funds to educate the youth of America.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, if you took .01 percent of the money allocated to the defense budget and gave it to public education, you wouldn't have teachers performing like circus animals trying to get funds to educate the youth of America.
My wife and I have bought supplies for our kid's teachers every year. And the last couple years we also provide extra paper towels, lysol wipes etc. because most of this stuff comes out of teachers pockets. It's just crazy.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we took away just what it takes for us to match what Autralia is doing with tactical wallabies or whatever, we could easily supply all public education, and make a dent in funding college for everyone too. And still have a bigger military than the next 10 combined.

My wife and I have bought supplies for our kid's teachers every year. And the last couple years we also provide extra paper towels, lysol wipes etc. because most of this stuff comes out of teachers pockets. It's just crazy.
I am sure your teachers appreciate that. I take 2 grand out of my bonus every year and set it aside in a separate account for Mrs 43 to use at the outset of ever school year. And she teaches in a private school with engaged parents. We always run out by Christmas.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just doing some quick math, they could just cut every indigenous person counted per the last census a cheque for $23,900 for this amount. Can we just offer that for all the bad shit in the past and actually move forward? Fuck, double it.

At this point it’s worth every dime if we can actually move forward as a society without running back to the wrongs of colonial times on a regular basis.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just doing some quick math, they could just cut every indigenous person counted per the last census a cheque for $23,900 for this amount. Can we just offer that for all the bad shit in the past and actually move forward? Fuck, double it.

At this point it’s worth every dime if we can actually move forward as a society without running back to the wrongs of colonial times on a regular basis.

and it is still not close enough to fixing anything from the past...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it is still not close enough to fixing anything from the past...
If reparations is what moves the process forward, rip the band aid off and get it over with.

We know horrible shits been done to the native population through much of the 20th century, and we know things aren’t exactly great today either, but at some point it would be nice to not have this hanging over our existence as a country.

If there’s a value that gets it done, get it done and let’s move forward. I’d rather do that than a deal like this where x amount is going to go to identifying those who should receive money then x amount is gonna go to lawyers and x amount is going to be litigated for between tribal chiefs etc. and then in five years there’s another lawsuit over another issue to deal with and we do it all over.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, not even close to being a cult.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Follow up:

Status
Not open for further replies.