• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize this is a different war/country, but based on 43's post above, I couldn't resist...

mission-accomplished.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is never a moment in American politics now where Republicans aren't whining or stoking fear about something, which is not creating legislation and not your job. A Republican President started the war and another Republican President "negotiated" the peace deal. Biden stupidly just kinda stayed the course despite information this was a bad idea.

Can we be big boys for once and acknowledge this as a failure of our foreign policy/diplomacy as a country and not one person? Seems to me all four Presidents during this conflict bear some responsibility.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is never a moment in American politics now where Republicans aren't whining or stoking fear about something, which is not creating legislation and not your job. A Republican President started the war and another Republican President "negotiated" the peace deal. Biden stupidly just kinda stayed the course despite information this was a bad idea.

Can we be big boys for once and acknowledge this as a failure of our foreign policy/diplomacy as a country and not one person? Seems to me all four Presidents during this conflict bear some responsibility.

they don't care ... I hate these people

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now, apparently we are blaming Jimmy Carter for all this. I guess someone in the disinformation game realized where Reagan's fingerprints were and had to choose someone who came before him.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now, apparently we are blaming Jimmy Carter for all this. I guess someone in the disinformation game realized where Reagan's fingerprints were and had to choose someone who came before him.

I blame Mondale.

Higher taxes my ass, Walter!!

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uncle Joe: This has been through 4 presidents. I will not pass this on to a fifth.

Yes. Thank you.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said they offered a mass evacuation but the fallen Afghani government didn't want it, fearing it would embolden the Taliban.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said they offered a mass evacuation but the fallen Afghani government didn't want it, fearing it would embolden the Taliban.
But what about all the Americans & other western diplomats/contractors etc. who were still there?

I think people are not upset with the pull out so much as the nightmarish way it’s happening, with no plan or coordination whatsoever ahead of time. Watching desperate Afghans (apparently) falling to their death while gripping departing USAF aircraft is a pretty appalling sight.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what about all the Americans & other western diplomats/contractors etc. who were still there?

I think people are not upset with the pull out so much as the nightmarish way it’s happening, with no plan or coordination whatsoever ahead of time. Watching desperate Afghans (apparently) falling to their death while gripping departing USAF aircraft is a pretty appalling sight.
They managed to get some (around 2k) out, but he acknowledged both that they fucked it up and that it all went down way faster than then they expected. He said all they can do is work to make it right now.

Hindsight beind 20/20, I bet he is wishing they'd have chartered a bunch of planes and went in last week or month. Had he done that he would have been called a coward and derided for "surrendering". But we wouldn't have the images to go along with his soundbite saying it wasn't going to be another "Saigon".

Status
Not open for further replies.