• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boy, we sure did a heck of a job over there.
I want my defense budget tax money back.

That would be, what...40% of all taxes I've paid over the last 20 years.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boy, we sure did a heck of a job over there.
The center was never going to hold. The US did an okay job of keeping the Taliban at bay and creating a military but did absolutely nothing to create a good government and never did anything to fix that problem.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The center was never going to hold. The US did an okay job of keeping the Taliban at bay and creating a military but did absolutely nothing to create a good government and never did anything to fix that problem.
I mean they've been building it and training them for two decades and they have pretty much lost the entire thing to militia in 2 weeks. That's not even close to an "okay" job.

There was never going to be any success over there, and we're going on 40 years from an alzheimer's suffering fuckwit deciding to meddle to annoy the Russians.

3000.jpeg

At some point in those 40 years, SOMEONE should have been able to come up with a plan... But maybe they could have started with "Don't just abandon them when Russia leaves". Would have been better if we just stood aside and let Russia occupy them.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they've been building it and training them for two decades and they have pretty much lost the entire thing to militia in 2 weeks. That's not even close to an "okay" job.

There was never going to be any success over there, and we're going on 40 years from an alzheimer's suffering fuckwit deciding to meddle to annoy the Russians.

3000.jpeg

At some point in those 40 years, SOMEONE should have been able to come up with a plan... But maybe they could have started with "Don't just abandon them when Russia leaves". Would have been better if we just stood aside and let Russia occupy them.
Any army, even really well equipped and trained ones, can crash and burn rapidly without solid governance. See France circa 1940.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wait.... Why would they leave? I understand from the same Facebook Foreign Policy experts that are also now infectious disease experts that all Muslims are hate filled and love Shania law!

I just can't imagine having to pack up your entire life into a single suitcase and run away with a few hours notice. How terrifying that must be.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wait.... Why would they leave? I understand from the same Facebook Foreign Policy experts that are also now infectious disease experts that all Muslims are hate filled and love Shania law!

I just can't imagine having to pack up your entire life into a single suitcase and run away with a few hours notice. How terrifying that must be.

Man our lives are pretty good here . I just can't imagine living in this world that they experience

Status
Not open for further replies.