• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“I thought he’s done a hell of a job, both on everything from access to voting to infrastructure to a whole range of things,” Biden told reporters when asked about Cuomo’s 10-year tenure as governor, distinguishing between Cuomo’s personal behavior and his policy actions. “That’s why it’s so sad.”

Beginning last spring, Mr. Cuomo was criticized over a state requirement that forced nursing homes to take back residents who had been hospitalized with Covid-19 once they recovered. Critics said the policy had increased the number of virus-related deaths among nursing home residents.

In January, New York’s attorney general said the administration had undercounted nursing home deaths by several thousand. Mr. Cuomo later acknowledged as much, blaming the lower figure on fears that the Trump administration would use the data as a political weapon.

:wtf2:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c5xdjetryog71.png

He IS an expert in Maths. He figured out one of those math teaser questions that goes around Facebook.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who don't know about the extreme levels of fuckery going on in Alberta read this thread.

Hi, Alberta. This is America. That's a good story but here's our last five years summed quickly...
People thought it would be a good idea to eat laundry detergent. The colors were bright and pretty, so maybe they thought it might be like. candy. But it wasn't. As noted before... it was laundry detergent.​
Then there was a race for President between a very experienced lawyer/statesman and a game show host who had bankrupt lots of businesses. The game show host was obsessed with gold and felt people's genitals unannounced. The religious people loved him!​
The game show host won by calling people names. Well, he didn't really win, but in America, you can lose and still win. So he did! And people wore his hats everywhere, just like they did for Gandhi and Winston Churchill.​
Since the game shot host couldn't entertain us any longer, we all fell in love with a gay zookeeper with a mullet who tried to murder a lady.​
Then black people started getting unfairly killed and some of us were like "hey, these people matter" and others were like "nah." And then a terrible disease came that doctors told us could be prevented by wearing a mask for a very small part of the day so most of us did and others were like "nah." And then a vaccine came that most of us got it and others were like "oh shit, i'm dead, that was a good idea."​
And then the sky went red and most people's faces melted as 1,000 ft demons soared into the sky... wait, that's in October. I shouldn't get ahead of myself, but I'm so thirsty and have $84 if you still have that bucket of water. It's become very dry here. Anyhow, hope things are great in the Princess Province!​

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whatever you do.... DON'T TURN UP the volume so your dogs can hear this. If you do your dog might kill you.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whatever you do.... DON'T TURN UP the volume so your dogs can hear this. If you do your dog might kill you.
That sounds like Eric Idle or Michael Palin playing a 60's British housewife trying to sing.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had a "friend" on Facebook that last week posted some meme about how nurses that were last year's heroes are being fired for not getting the vaccine and how that is communism. I started to reply and then just removed the friend instead because .
(1) If you were a hero last year and then you murder someone this year, last year doesn't really fucking matter now does it?​
(2) That's capitalism through and through - a private business making a decision about the health and safety of their employees and how it impacts their operations, liability, and profitability.​

Look we all have our blind spots. I know very little about how to fix a car and I suck at foreign languages. The difference is I'm not going to post about how you should fix your Chevy Silverado exhaust system to all my friends with the confidence of a certified mechanic.

Last edited:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way, some of these GOP governors must be really excited. Some of them have worked very hard to abstractly harm their citizens by refusing federal dollars and fighting against healthcare options for their citizens.

Up until now, they've abstractly harmed and killed people, but it must be exhilarating for them to finally get to literally kill their citizens and see their handy work.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah good luck with that one.
This isn't gouging, and while oil's gone down a bit in the last three weeks that isn't how the oil markets work and Biden knows that.

gas.png

The bigger problem is the lack of supply, particularly stateside. Wells shut down during the pandemic and turning them back on has been tough. OPEC's in no mood to help.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^What's really happening is Republican talking points about gas prices (and, as a side note, pipeline cancellations) are making a dent in the polls and Biden's team have concluded that talking about gauging is the easier approach to combating it than just pointing out the reality. They're probably right, sadly.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't gouging, and while oil's gone down a bit in the last three weeks that isn't how the oil markets work and Biden knows that.

View attachment 277216

The bigger problem is the lack of supply, particularly stateside. Wells shut down during the pandemic and turning them back on has been tough. OPEC's in no mood to help.
Exactly, my comment was sarcasm. The demand went through the roof and the Oil producers really can't/won't work faster. When reserves build up the prices will go down.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, there is plenty of price collusion in the industry. Prices at the pumps will jump 20c overnight at the slight hint in crude prices rising, yet even when the prices drop in crude as fast as they rose (or even faster), it takes weeks for the pump prices to trickle down to even close to pre-bump levels.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, there is plenty of price collusion in the industry. Prices at the pumps will jump 20c overnight at the slight hint in crude prices rising, yet even when the prices drop in crude as fast as they rose (or even faster), it takes weeks for the pump prices to trickle down to even close to pre-bump levels.
Yeah, prices varied up to 10 cents per gallon from place to place around here. Then on Monday morning they were all exactly the same no matter the station.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^What's really happening is Republican talking points about gas prices (and, as a side note, pipeline cancellations) are making a dent in the polls and Biden's team have concluded that talking about gauging is the easier approach to combating it than just pointing out the reality. They're probably right, sadly.
Yep, all politics in the end to make one party look good and the other look bad.

I had a conversation with someone who said, "thanks Biden" for the higher gas prices. I told him it would have happened if Trump was president also as the demand skyrocketed. Really no comeback from them except...well prices fell in 2020. My comeback to them was the same would have happened if Clinton or Biden were president. Since we had a global pandemic that caused supply to increase and demand to plummet.

Not sure if they understood, but I put it in terms of beanie babies <ie...something at their level of thinking>. 20 years ago there was a huge demand/limited supply for stupid teddy bears and today there is no demand/unlimited supply of the same bears.
So now they are worth a fraction of a penny because at every yard sale a fool is trying to pawn them off. Whereas 20 years ago the same bear was worth $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.