• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, there is plenty of price collusion in the industry. Prices at the pumps will jump 20c overnight at the slight hint in crude prices rising, yet even when the prices drop in crude as fast as they rose (or even faster), it takes weeks for the pump prices to trickle down to even close to pre-bump levels.
Sadly that has never changed and the industry as a whole has the power to collude.

During the gas outage a few months back in the southeast. In GA Forrest Kemp actually created a "hotline" to report any gas stations price gouging. Guess what the supply is back and prices went up. That was all a political stunt knowing all too well it wouldn't help.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, all politics in the end to make one party look good and the other look bad.

I had a conversation with someone who said, "thanks Biden" for the higher gas prices. I told him it would have happened if Trump was president also as the demand skyrocketed. Really no comeback from them except...well prices fell in 2020. My comeback to them was the same would have happened if Clinton or Biden were president. Since we had a global pandemic that caused supply to increase and demand to plummet.

Not sure if they understood, but I put it in terms of beanie babies <ie...something at their level of thinking>. 20 years ago there was a huge demand/limited supply for stupid teddy bears and today there is no demand/unlimited supply of the same bears.
So now they are worth a fraction of a penny because at every yard sale a fool is trying to pawn them off. Whereas 20 years ago the same bear was worth $20.
At the one month mark of the lockdown prices absolutely cratered because no one was driving and tanks full of the stuff were sitting in the ground. Was down as low a 1.25/gal here.

The only thing Trump contributed to that is ignoring the pandemic caused the lockdown to be more severe and about a month and a half late.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and today there is no demand/unlimited supply of the same bears.
So now they are worth a fraction of a penny because at every yard sale a fool is trying to pawn them off. Whereas 20 years ago the same bear was worth $20.
Well shit I was hoarding these in my parents' basement, too. My dad is gonna have a field day when he finds out they're as worthless as he said they were in 2012.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c5xdjetryog71.png

He IS an expert in Maths. He figured out one of those math teaser questions that goes around Facebook.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

Oh nevermind it is the smelly idiot from Colorado.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only am I laughing at the taking of the phone call but the random schooling through a windows NT file explorer.
That's actually forensic software called FTK so they spent a whopping 3 grand to flash some hex on the screen to wow the yokels.

But it works. <csb>

I was giving a presentation on investigations once to some uninterested execs and it wasn't going well. On the first break I opened up EnCase (another forensic tool) and left it on the screen by "mistake". I opened a file and started doing text searches inside the hex. Suddenly everyone was totally interested in what I was doing. "Are you hacking? Is that ransomware? Can you steal someone's password that way?"

I was literally just looking for random character sequences in the hex one of the executives' Outlook contact card. I learned the trick from someone who had a similar experience in a presentation and just sat at the front of the room, slapping away at the keyboard and saying "Oh, I almost got into NASA!". Suddenly, everyone was riveted.

This also works wonders:

(no matter what keys you press, it looks like Wikk3d h4xx!)

</csb>

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually forensic software called FTK so they spent a whopping 3 grand to flash some hex on the screen to wow the yokels.

But it works. <csb>

I was giving a presentation on investigations once to some uninterested execs and it wasn't going well. On the first break I opened up EnCase (another forensic tool) and left it on the screen by "mistake". I opened a file and started doing text searches inside the hex. Suddenly everyone was totally interested in what I was doing. "Are you hacking? Is that ransomware? Can you steal someone's password that way?"

I was literally just looking for random character sequences in the hex one of the executives' Outlook contact card. I learned the trick from someone who had a similar experience in a presentation and just sat at the front of the room, slapping away at the keyboard and saying "Oh, I almost got into NASA!". Suddenly, everyone was riveted.

This also works wonders:

(no matter what keys you press, it looks like Wikk3d h4xx!)

</csb>
Figured that to be the case on the app but I don't mess with Forensic software too often. And not surprised it wasn't someone just clicking around to make it seem like they are doing something important. As all sales demo/executive meetings it is all fluff so the more flashy/colors the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.