• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cody Rhodes....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he’s a former aew vp it makes it a bigger deal than it normally would be imo
Sure, but as much people hate to admit it, AEW isn’t competing with WWE. Getting a former VP is cool if it was pre streaming and AEW was actual competition for WWE. AEW is a glorified Ring of Honor. If Cody brings their real talent with him then it makes sense with the hype. I don’t get the hype of bringing him in like he is anything other than a mid card talent. He will get more money in WWE but doesn’t it kind of offset the difference since he just spent the difference between the two companies to get the rights to Rhodes.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but as much people hate to admit it, AEW isn’t competing with WWE. Getting a former VP is cool if it was pre streaming and AEW was actual competition for WWE. AEW is a glorified Ring of Honor. If Cody brings their real talent with him then it makes sense with the hype. I don’t get the hype of bringing him in like he is anything other than a mid card talent. He will get more money in WWE but doesn’t it kind of offset the difference since he just spent the difference between the two companies to get the rights to Rhodes.
I say that they’re somewhat competition for WWE because they are usually not too far off in demos from RAW on a lot of weeks. I don’t think they’ll reach the overall WWE viewership though any time in the near future.
I do think his value is more with knowing about when the AEW talents contracts are up and which ones to go after. I think Vince will get bored with him after a while and put him on the same level as everyone else not named Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns when his usefulness ends.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

AEW is outselling WWE in tickets in the same arenas and is getting comparable demo numbers to them on cable. They also caused them to reset the image and strategy of their NXT brand. They've also created competition in wrestlers salaries.

WWE is financially bulletproof for years because of their TV and intl deals but AEW is the most credible competition they've had in 20 years. They're beating them in some key metrics and are close to them in others.

The Cody thing is definitely subjective. I think he carries himself like a star, he has good matches, and the last few years have given him a cachet as a main eventer.
He was a catalyst in creating AEW and the heart and soul of the company the first year. Things have gone downhill since then but that could have been related to the same reasons he left the company

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say that they’re somewhat competition for WWE because they are usually not too far off in demos from RAW on a lot of weeks. I don’t think they’ll reach the overall WWE viewership though any time in the near future.
I do think his value is more with knowing about when the AEW talents contracts are up and which ones to go after. I think Vince will get bored with him after a while and put him on the same level as everyone else not named Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns when his usefulness ends.
That I will agree with is Cody coming over and not being shit on helps with MJF and Wardlow. Just by budgets AEW is the minor leagues to WWE. It may eventually become semi a war but with how both companies are going it may be a war when 1 million fans make up the entire fan demo.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW is outselling WWE in tickets in the same arenas and is getting comparable demo numbers to them on cable. They also caused them to reset the image and strategy of their NXT brand. They've also created competition in wrestlers salaries.

WWE is financially bulletproof for years because of their TV and intl deals but AEW is the most credible competition they've had in 20 years. They're beating them in some key metrics and are close to them in others.

The Cody thing is definitely subjective. I think he carries himself like a star, he has good matches, and the last few years have given him a cachet as a main eventer.
He was a catalyst in creating AEW and the heart and soul of the company the first year. Things have gone downhill since then but that could have been related to the same reasons he left the company
But they are in every measurable fact. AEW did mess up NXT but NXT was a territory for people to get work which has the exact viewers. An A show going against a D show the A is always going to win.

I personally don’t find Cody entertaining at all except in his stardust character or his AEW I will not turn stuff on dynamite when all the fans booed the shit out of him Brandi. Rarely do you see someone with go home heat actually goes home

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are in every measurable fact. AEW did mess up NXT but NXT was a territory for people to get work which has the exact viewers. An A show going against a D show the A is always going to win.

I personally don’t find Cody entertaining at all except in his stardust character or his AEW I will not turn stuff on dynamite when all the fans booed the shit out of him Brandi. Rarely do you see someone with go home heat actually goes home
In AEW, I think his most memorable thing was his match with Dustin. He had some decent promos here and there.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In AEW, I think his most memorable thing was his match with Dustin. He had some decent promos here and there.

The one night only American dream promo was iconic

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I 100% agree which is why I have not understood the him leaving as being some earth shattering news