• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cody Rhodes....

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What now?

Their have been legit talks by him and WWE.

How does he fit in?

What are they going to throw at him for mania?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly.

I think Austin Theroy might be a decoy and Cody finds his way into EC.

Sets himself up with a clash with Bobby at WM

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade Keller saying Cody Rhodes to WWE is basically done and he'll be on Wrestlemania in some form.

Had some other details like saying he wanted equal status as TK and wanted to be paid top dollar the same as Punk and Danielson. If that's true, I can see why TK balked. They're gaining revenue, but still not enough to pay someone like Cody top dollar knowing that he'll have to pay others top dollar soon enough. Like I said in the AEW thread, you're not gonna miss seeing Cody on TV, so he's definitely not worth top dollar to them right now.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade Keller saying Cody Rhodes to WWE is basically done and he'll be on Wrestlemania in some form.

Had some other details like saying he wanted equal status as TK and wanted to be paid top dollar the same as Punk and Danielson. If that's true, I can see why TK balked. They're gaining revenue, but still not enough to pay someone like Cody top dollar knowing that he'll have to pay others top dollar soon enough. Like I said in the AEW thread, you're not gonna miss seeing Cody on TV, so he's definitely not worth top dollar to them right now.

IMO.

Who is a marquee Name that people can give Lashley a run for his $$$ at WM?

There all on SD.

Looking like Rollins vs Owen's at WM, If the other match isn't happening.

If it is. I can see some sort of 3 way at WM.

Cody.is the best choice they got

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO.

Who is a marquee Name that people can give Lashley a run for his $$$ at WM?

There all on SD.

Looking like Rollins vs Owen's at WM, If the other match isn't happening.

If it is. I can see some sort of 3 way at WM.

Cody.is the best choice they got
Owens is getting his wet dream match with Stone Cold.

Cody was nobody in WWE. My guess is Edge and Beth refused to do Miz and Maryse at Wrestlemania so cody and brandi could step in there. No serious title run for Cody here. its all about the money. He had to be promised some reality deal with USA to leave. As far as "Top Money", Cody went and started that company. When they needed web hits, he and his brother got bloody beyond recognition. It was an insult to bring Danielson or Punk in for more money. Punk is a shell of what he was, had to stoop to war paint behind sting already.

Cody wanted to start a company that all the left behinds were put on the top of the mountain. Khan fucked that plan over when he started chasing WWE talent.

Cody was never that good, he never fit the American dream print. My best guess is Shane goes to AEW and buys it, since we all forgot when he did that with WCW.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m shocked.

But once you found out that they were leaving their front office roles with aew you had to think this was the play

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've always been a huge fan of Cody but this is probably best for both sides. He fits better in WWE plus there's a hype factor to being the first wrestler that goes there from AEW.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been a huge fan of Cody but this is probably best for both sides. He fits better in WWE plus there's a hype factor to being the first wrestler that goes there from AEW.

If he wasn't a legit front office guy as well I'd probably agree.

But he's one of the founding fathers of AEW, both in and out of the ring.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain the appeal of Cody? Is he going to go be the top star on NXT or something

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really is an odd situation because its true that its a big coup for WWE to "steal" away a founding father of their main competitor this soon. Yet at the same time, its also true that AEW won't really miss him. Those two statements should conflict with each other 99 times out of 100 but this is that one time it doesn't. AEW might miss him more backstage (my gut says they'll be fine there too), but on screen they won't.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain the appeal of Cody? Is he going to go be the top star on NXT or something

No way he'll go to NXT (lmao @ Cody if he gets stuck there though). They'll likely insert him at the top of the card of Raw or SD. I wouldn't be totally shocked if he's inserted in the title picture right away either. But they'll treat him like a big deal for sure right away to take full advantage of the buzz from the signing. What he's doing a year from now though, who knows

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I agree it's a surprising move for the reasons you mentioned but he's always felt out of place in AEW.
They're the ECW model in that it's a home for wrestlers that didn't fit Vince's mainstream ideal for one reason or another.. too small, too many spots in a match, too green, too heavy an accent, etc.

Cody's in a Hollywood looking couple, wrestles a classic style, cuts long promo. He's the ideal WWE upper midcard/main event act.

I can this being similar to McIntyre where he left a lower midcarder but comes back with a rehabilitated image and as a major part of the show

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like he’ll probably be towards the top of the card for a while and then at some point, Vince will get tired of him and move him down the card with just about everyone not named Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I feel like he’ll probably be towards the top of the card for a while and then at some point, Vince will get tired of him and move him down the card with just about everyone not named Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar.

I would agree, as that's Vince booking style since Hulkamania where you build around a centerpiece champion with the rest of the card as an ensemble cast. Still if you're Ted DeBiase in the early 90s or the Miz now and you always have a prominent role on TV it means Vince values you as a preformer

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's a surprising move for the reasons you mentioned but he's always felt out of place in AEW.
They're the ECW model in that it's a home for wrestlers that didn't fit Vince's mainstream ideal for one reason or another.. too small, too many spots in a match, too green, too heavy an accent, etc.

Cody's in a Hollywood looking couple, wrestles a classic style, cuts long promo. He's the ideal WWE upper midcard/main event act.

I can this being similar to McIntyre where he left a lower midcarder but comes back with a rehabilitated image and as a major part of the show

A lot of truth to this.

Not sure what his issue was Lee, who seemed to be such a Vince guy

Or aleister black

But yeah that does seem to cover a lot of aew, and that’s why I think it works. It’s not trying to be another wwe, it’s hitting a niche and hoping to grab more as it grows

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree, as that's Vince booking style since Hulkamania where you build around a centerpiece champion with the rest of the card as an ensemble cast. Still if you're Ted DeBiase in the early 90s or the Miz now and you always have a prominent role on TV it means Vince values you as a preformer

Cody having his own reality show only makes him more valuable to Vince

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody having his own reality show only makes him more valuable to Vince
Wonder if TNT will just throw it on their website at once with little publicity or just try to air a bunch at one time to kill it off. As for Go Big Show, he is easily replaceable.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if TNT will just throw it on their website at once with little publicity or just try to air a bunch at one time to kill it off. As for Go Big Show, he is easily replaceable.

Idk.

Adding the wwe audience makes it potentially bigger

Also he’s been a guest star on a cw show while also having relationships with tnt and tbs.

I believe all are owned by Warner media in some form

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way he'll go to NXT (lmao @ Cody if he gets stuck there though). They'll likely insert him at the top of the card of Raw or SD. I wouldn't be totally shocked if he's inserted in the title picture right away either. But they'll treat him like a big deal for sure right away to take full advantage of the buzz from the signing. What he's doing a year from now though, who knows
But I don’t get why. He wasn’t over during his first run, he was getting shit on by the only crowd that cares about him. Bringing him and Brandi in for a tag match with Miz and Maryze ok I can get that but no way anyone could take him serious against Lashley or Reigns.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I don’t get why. He wasn’t over during his first run, he was getting shit on by the only crowd that cares about him. Bringing him and Brandi in for a tag match with Miz and Maryze ok I can get that but no way anyone could take him serious against Lashley or Reigns.

They'll feed him to Roman cause SD doens't have any faces ready to take him on (see Goldberg having to show up....again). They're gonna need someone after Lesnar at mania.

Cody can even show up on the friday after Mania and jump right into it.