• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cody Rhodes....

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if TNT will just throw it on their website at once with little publicity or just try to air a bunch at one time to kill it off. As for Go Big Show, he is easily replaceable.

Mox on go big would be awesome...........

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll feed him to Roman cause SD doens't have any faces ready to take him on (see Goldberg having to show up....again). They're gonna need someone after Lesnar at mania.

Cody can even show up on the friday after Mania and jump right into it.

But then what for Lashley at WM?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owens has a match

Still got the other guys.

Could have the Usos cost Rollins his match with Lashely on night 1 to kick off a Roman/Rollins feud post mania as well.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they loaded up raw with all the stars so that SD would get the UFC forbidden door....

Cody is another stop gap for Smackdown to develop someone else to challenge reigns.

long term the only guys who should take the belt off Roman are Drew or Rollins right now.

Drew needs it after they kinda botched his run towards the end and then the overkill with Lashley.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I don’t get why. He wasn’t over during his first run, he was getting shit on by the only crowd that cares about him. Bringing him and Brandi in for a tag match with Miz and Maryze ok I can get that but no way anyone could take him serious against Lashley or Reigns.

He was over during his first run. People liked him as Dashing Cody Rhodes and as Stardust. He left because he wasn't happy with his role because he felt pigeonholed as just a midcarder. Felt like he could be more and WWE wouldn't let him have a chance with it (a common thing WWE). And he's also grown as both a wrestler and a talker since his first WWE run as well. So even if there was truth to what WWE thought of him then, he could certainly carry the ball now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll feed him to Roman cause SD doens't have any faces ready to take him on (see Goldberg having to show up....again). They're gonna need someone after Lesnar at mania.

Cody can even show up on the friday after Mania and jump right into it.
So Cody is going to leave as a mid carder on both companies and come back as a top face? Bryan was a bigger threat to Roman than Cody would be.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk.

Adding the wwe audience makes it potentially bigger

Also he’s been a guest star on a cw show while also having relationships with tnt and tbs.

I believe all are owned by Warner media in some form
But do you think WWE is going to want promote something on a different network with a different brand of talent on it though?

Mox on go big would be awesome...........
I think a guy like Starks would do well on there.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Cody is going to leave as a mid carder on both companies and come back as a top face? Bryan was a bigger threat to Roman than Cody would be.

I’ll disagree with that.

It’s also a big deal he’d be the first aew guy to jump.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now its talk about retirement.

All Vince does is show he recognizes AEW as a threat if he goes after their talent. He stays above them if he just watches them take the talent he was done with.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now its talk about retirement.

All Vince does is show he recognizes AEW as a threat if he goes after their talent. He stays above them if he just watches them take the talent he was done with.

I think he's just trolling with the retirement thing. He would have made a bigger announcement if he was really retiring than just a Gram post with this dog and kid

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just all trolling I guess. Even Omega said he was on a plane to the middle east on Saturday.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll disagree with that.

It’s also a big deal he’d be the first aew guy to jump.
I just think people are massively over inflating Cody. Is it a nice get, sure but IMO he isn’t a needle mover at all for WWE. Is the MLW lawsuit resolved yet, I guess I could be persuaded away if that is resolved because getting an ex VP in order to access the real talented guys on AEW would make a lot of sense.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think people are massively over inflating Cody. Is it a nice get, sure but IMO he isn’t a needle mover at all for WWE. Is the MLW lawsuit resolved yet, I guess I could be persuaded away if that is resolved because getting an ex VP in order to access the real talented guys on AEW would make a lot of sense.

Bryan didn’t do much after that black eye moment in New Orleans

Cody is a needle mover because he’s an ex vp

He’s a better fit for wwe than DB was anyway

I still think Cody gets fed to Roman and is feuding with the Miz by like Memorial Day, 4th of July at the latest

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryan didn’t do much after that black eye moment in New Orleans

Cody is a needle mover because he’s an ex vp

He’s a better fit for wwe than DB was anyway

I still think Cody gets fed to Roman and is feuding with the Miz by like Memorial Day, 4th of July at the latest
An needle mover because he is a VP where though? He is a legacy WWE performer that literally no one will care than attend live events except for the 1/3 of the crowd that already into AEW. People were sad Bryan left, no one noticed Cody left. This isn’t meaning to be a slight at him at, it’s just this move somehow has elevated Cody into something he isn’t. If Bryan, Moxley or Punk ok. If it were MJF or Warlow or another AEW favorite that could draw eyes from that program. Truth be told the biggest draw with Cody coming over would be if Brandi does too because there is a legit story with them vs HHH and Stephanie that can be played out a thousand different ways. Him going against any main eventer is less believable than when DB had his 3 ways to win titles.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An needle mover because he is a VP where though? He is a legacy WWE performer that literally no one will care than attend live events except for the 1/3 of the crowd that already into AEW. People were sad Bryan left, no one noticed Cody left. This isn’t meaning to be a slight at him at, it’s just this move somehow has elevated Cody into something he isn’t. If Bryan, Moxley or Punk ok. If it were MJF or Warlow or another AEW favorite that could draw eyes from that program. Truth be told the biggest draw with Cody coming over would be if Brandi does too because there is a legit story with them vs HHH and Stephanie that can be played out a thousand different ways. Him going against any main eventer is less believable than when DB had his 3 ways to win titles.
Except I don’t think the HHH thing will ever happen because of the heart condition he has now. I’d be very surprised if he ever stepped foot in the ring again.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I don’t think the HHH thing will ever happen because of the heart condition he has now. I’d be very surprised if he ever stepped foot in the ring again.
I am not saying a match at the moment but there is a storyline they can build for a couple of years with Cody and the Chief Brandi Officer. Truth be told Brandi would be more of a hit to WWE fans than bringing back the equivalent of John Morrison unless they go old school and make Cody come in with polka dots

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because he’s a former aew vp it makes it a bigger deal than it normally would be imo