• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cody latimer

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benjamin is the biggest risk WR in this draft so why would you even touch him is beyond me. You guys are going way too far with this BPA thing. Selecting a 4th WR at #34 is beyond ludicrous. The signing of DJax should have closed the door on any WR being drafted in rounds 2-4.

Just put this topic to bed b/c its not going to happen.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benjamin is the biggest risk WR in this draft so why would you even touch him is beyond me. You guys are going way too far with this BPA thing. Selecting a 4th WR at #34 is beyond ludicrous. The signing of DJax should have closed the door on any WR being drafted in rounds 2-4.

Just put this topic to bed b/c its not going to happen.

So let me make sure I got your line of thinking right. Because we signed Jackson, now the entire focus should be draft an o-lineman no matter what. Basically thats what you are saying is, we need an o-lineman period and our entire focus for the first pick should be an o-lineman even if something more talented presents itself. Dont get me wrong, IM fine with them taking an o-lineman. However if Benjamin, Mosley or one of the stud CBs is sitting there, and we take one of the 2nd wave OTs instead I will consider it a bad move.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me make sure I got your line of thinking right. Because we signed Jackson, now the entire focus should be draft an o-lineman no matter what. Basically thats what you are saying is, we need an o-lineman period and our entire focus for the first pick should be an o-lineman even if something more talented presents itself. Dont get me wrong, IM fine with them taking an o-lineman. However if Benjamin, Mosley or one of the stud CBs is sitting there, and we take one of the 2nd wave OTs instead I will consider it a bad move.

taking an o/line to take an o/lineman is foolish

i would take the stud cb or d/lineman or mosley

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said we don't have to take an olineman. I said taking a wr at 34 is foolish

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said we don't have to take an olineman. I said taking a wr at 34 is foolish

not if wr is the best value on the board

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Den, the only positions that should be off the table at 34 are QB, RB , K, P. ANy other position should be considered if it is the BPA and a good value at where we pick. If a stud LT drops, we take him. If a stud LB, WR S, or CB drops all should be in play.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not WR. No way. WR is the deepest position in the draft so obviously they will be value at #34 but you either trade down or draft the best LB,S, Ot, OG, Cb, or TE.

For example Robinson from Penn St. will be there at #34. He would of been a 1st round selection any other year but this one b/c of depth at Wr in this years draft. So you guys are saying draft him b/c he is a first round value. But if Moses, Filo, or Fuller are there you cant draft him b/c you don't take a possible 4th WR on your roster over someone who can start and contribute right away.

In years past Devin Thomas was ranked as a top WR in the draft and fell to the 2nd round. He had a first round grade on him so you guys would think he is value in the 2nd. Just b/c the guy has a 1st round grade on him doenst mean he will fit in our team. Other factors are considered.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not WR. No way. WR is the deepest position in the draft so obviously they will be value at #34 but you either trade down or draft the best LB,S, Ot, OG, Cb, or TE.

For example Robinson from Penn St. will be there at #34. He would of been a 1st round selection any other year but this one b/c of depth at Wr in this years draft. So you guys are saying draft him b/c he is a first round value. But if Moses, Filo, or Fuller are there you cant draft him b/c you don't take a possible 4th WR on your roster over someone who can start and contribute right away.

In years past Devin Thomas was ranked as a top WR in the draft and fell to the 2nd round. He had a first round grade on him so you guys would think he is value in the 2nd. Just b/c the guy has a 1st round grade on him doenst mean he will fit in our team. Other factors are considered.

You would most assuredly consider Robinson if he is there at 34 because simply put he gives our WR group something it does not have, which is SIZE at this point. Yes we have two veryy good WRs in Garcon and Jackson, and good slot depth with Roberts and Moss. BUt not a one of them is over 6 foot. If the best value on the board is a WR, you take him. You dont take the next best guy because he fits your needs a little better. We dont need a starter at WR. But it makes no sense to force a pick for a possible starter if you already have possible starters at every position on the team... which we do.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we forced to pick a guy like Moses or Filo? Robinson is going to be there no doubt. Lets see if you theory is right.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we forced to pick a guy like Moses or Filo? Robinson is going to be there no doubt. Lets see if you theory is right.

Because you are picking them simply to fill a position and NOT because they are the best player or the best value on the board. Simply put Moses and Filo are guys who MIGHT sneak into the first round IF there is a mad run on their positions.

Benjamin and Robinson are players who likely will go in the first round, but if either happens to be there at 34 the team would consider itself lucky they were still on the board. Yes the draft is deep at WR. But even in a deep draft. there are some guys who are generally considered to go in the first round.

about 70% of the time when you draft to fill position over talent, you come up short in both areas.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. Moses and Filo are still value picks at 34. I cant see how filo doesn't get into the first round so if he is there for us he is tremendous value. Robinson is not going 1st round. I how they are both there to force a possible trade down and pick up an extra 3rd round pick.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOst places have Moses and Filo as 2-3 round guys. The same places have Benjamin and Robinson listed a 1st round guys. Not 1-3 but 1st round grades. There is a difference. And this is a classic situation where team outthink themselves..Well we dont really need a WR so lets trade and end up with what ever.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if robinson is the best player then you pick him however i still think moses is better value even van noy

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if robinson is the best player then you pick him however i still think moses is better value even van noy

I think O-line in general is viewed as the safe and there for popular pick. Then again I think that changing up 80% of any unit all at once generally does more harm than good to that unit. And if we take a RT with our first pick, you almost have to start him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think O-line in general is viewed as the safe and there for popular pick. Then again I think that changing up 80% of any unit all at once generally does more harm than good to that unit. And if we take a RT with our first pick, you almost have to start him.

then i would if he bets out polumbus

i am not in win now mode

i am in build the team correctly mode

i feel moses is a better overall talent then benjamin or robinson . . however i am not locked into getting an o/lineman . i think the bpa at a position of need that has value at the slot is how we should go . if not then take the BPA

and i dont believe a 2nd rounder has to start day one and if he does then benjamin would have to start which i dont think he has too

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then i would if he bets out polumbus

i am not in win now mode

i am in build the team correctly mode

i feel moses is a better overall talent then benjamin or robinson . . however i am not locked into getting an o/lineman . i think the bpa at a position of need that has value at the slot is how we should go . if not then take the BPA

and i dont believe a 2nd rounder has to start day one and if he does then benjamin would have to start which i dont think he has too

I dont think a second rounder has to start day one. I do believe to a degree that certain players would fill roles we dont currently have. I think Benjamin fills a role in the WR group we dont have. In which case he is the smart pick. I also believe he helps out more than Moses who I have seen still needs work in pass protection. So basically im not sold on swapping one RT that needs to improve in pass protection for another one. Filo from what I have seen might be better fit at Guard.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, you guys are stubborn. I see both sides of this, RT is my preference, but if WR was BPA available you'd have to take it or trade the pick. Our o-line isn't the greatest but we've had success running. ILB is my hugest concern. How do you replace Fletcher's leadership/impact??? I'm not sure we can find that @34.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, you guys are stubborn. I see both sides of this, RT is my preference, but if WR was BPA available you'd have to take it or trade the pick. Our o-line isn't the greatest but we've had success running. ILB is my hugest concern. How do you replace Fletcher's leadership/impact??? I'm not sure we can find that @34.

Bro when you have a top 5 rushing game two years in a row, one of those with a rookie RB...... All Im saying is there are GMs who would sell their virgin daughters for that. Could we improve the line?? Sure. Are we doomed if we dont bring in a new starting everything except LT?? Probably not.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro when you have a top 5 rushing game two years in a row, one of those with a rookie RB...... All Im saying is there are GMs who would sell their virgin daughters for that. Could we improve the line?? Sure. Are we doomed if we dont bring in a new starting everything except LT?? Probably not.

Right, that's why I stated ILB is my biggest concern. I think a healthy RGIII, with two legit WRs and a safety net @ TE should vastly improve our fortune. I will say Dean was very logical today, lol! A WR @ 34 would be disappointing...unless its Benjamen. He could have the same potential impact as Kenan Allen. The numbers wouldn't be the same....but he would not be a focal point and could win one-on-one jumpball mismatches.

Other than Benjamen, I would be upset with WR@34.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im always logical. Filo and Moses in the 3rd round? Really Shark? I don't see how Benjamin trumps anybody else at #34. Wr is not the way to go at 34. Yes we can win now with this team in this division.