• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cody latimer

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
off the top of my head garcon and jax get 8 a piece and Roberts gets 4 on avg. that's where I got 20 million from.

So you are saying if Benjamin and Lee are there at #34 you take them over guys like Filo and Moses?? So the 4th WR on our team has more value than a starting RT or OG? cmon man that is crazy. How is it a mistake to take a starting player over a 4th wr??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
off the top of my head garcon and jax get 8 a piece and Roberts gets 4 on avg. that's where I got 20 million from.

So you are saying if Benjamin and Lee are there at #34 you take them over guys like Filo and Moses?? So the 4th WR on our team has more value than a starting RT or OG? cmon man that is crazy. How is it a mistake to take a starting player over a 4th wr??

IM saying you dont over value a position of need. Its how you reach for guys like Mo Claiborne. You need a position, you over value it, you get screwed.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dodged my question. Do you take Benjamin or Lee over Moses or Filo?? Yes or no.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dodged my question. Do you take Benjamin or Lee over Moses or Filo?? Yes or no.

Yes I take Benjamin or Lee over Moses or Filo. I think as a whole a 4th WR with some size makes our WR corps beter thasn grabbing a 2nd round O-lineman because every one thinks we need more o-lineman.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. just wow. I guess Hank has no size. Just b/c the o lineman was drafted in the 2nd round what makes you think he is going to be bad. Of course we need more olineman. Who is our RT?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. just wow. I guess Hank has no size. Just b/c the o lineman was drafted in the 2nd round what makes you think he is going to be bad. Of course we need more olineman. Who is our RT?

Hank is coming back off of an injury that normally takes two years to recover from. And Polumbus is our RT, lets not act like we dont have a player at all to play the position. We have Polumbus, we have Compton. We shouldnt reach for a RT because of some perceived desperation to upgrade the position. Not at the expense of a a more talented player. I never said that an O-lineman who was drafted in the 2nd round was doomed to be bad. BUt I am a firm believer that when you pas on talent because you are trying to draft to fill a slot no matter what, you usually end up wrong on both counts. This draft is deep at WR and CB, so either of those two at 34 will likely be a bargain. And you draft from a position of strength, not simply to try and fill a weakness. And as I have stated, if our QB really is a franchise QB we should not need to pass on a WR or CB to try and protect him even more. Just my thinking mind you.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Moses a reach at #34 or Filo for that matter? If a guy like Fuller or Dennard slips than maybe a CB but not a WR. No way WR should be even thought of. If those two WR's are there you simply trade down. Why on earth are you happy with Polo and Compton for our RT an backup tackle? Moses would be a huge upgrade and if he is there at #34 you take him. Simple as that.

Besides Williams this offensive line is avg at best. We need to upgrade. I would be very upset if we end up with the same right side of the line as last year. Adding Lenvo doesn't mean this oline has been upgraded.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Moses a reach at #34 or Filo for that matter? If a guy like Fuller or Dennard slips than maybe a CB but not a WR. No way WR should be even thought of. If those two WR's are there you simply trade down. Why on earth are you happy with Polo and Compton for our RT an backup tackle? Moses would be a huge upgrade and if he is there at #34 you take him. Simple as that.

Besides Williams this offensive line is avg at best. We need to upgrade. I would be very upset if we end up with the same right side of the line as last year. Adding Lenvo doesn't mean this oline has been upgraded.

As I said dude, Im just not that desperate for O-line because I think our line problems in pass protection had alot less to do with the guys on the line and alot more to do with the guy behind the line. I think our line is servicable, and I would take a shot at making our WR group borderline elite more so than taking a servicable line and throwing more players at it to make them a step more servicable.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. Just nuts. They take a WR at #34 this franchise would be laughed at all through draft weekend. A month from today.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. Just nuts. They take a WR at #34 this franchise would be laughed at all through draft weekend. A month from today.

So you are saying, they should take an o-lineman reguardless of the talent on the board at other positions because anything else would be considered foolish?? As I said dude, drafting for perceived need over actual talent is how you become and stay a bad football team. If one of the more talented WRs is there and we take an o-lineman because thats whats expected I will be highly disappointed. We still need more talent at WR. As it stands right now, we have a starting RT. We have 3-4 young o-line players on roster who should be allowed to compete. Taking another O-lineman unless he is hands down the best player on the board to me is a waste of the pick. And I think there is a good chance O-line wont be the most talented player on the board when 34 rolls around.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, botom line is the player we take at 34 should be a guy who is considered to have 1st round talent, but slid out because teams in the first round had other needs. Not a guy who is graded as a 2-3 rounder who is getting picked high in the second round. If we had a 1st round pick, and took a 1st round talent with it, I would be fine with Moses or Filo at 34. But I see them as more mid second rounders who only rate as a possible #34 pick because of our perceived need for O-lineman.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to look at your current roster before drafting. Teams like the 49ers and Bengals can just pick the best talented guys not us. We don't have that luxury. We have talent in our WR core. You have to be kidding me!!!!!! Don't even argue this.

I never said we cant draft other positions. We just cant draft WR. It doesn't make sense. The oline will have tremendous value at #34. Filo and Moses are not rated as mid 2nd rounders'. I have seen mock drafts where they were selected in the first.

Talented WR's like Robinson, Beckham, Benjamin, and more will be there at #34 overall. You just don't select them b/c they have talent. To bypass Moses or Filo for a WR is just crazy. I cant believe you said that.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely no way you draft Benjamin over Moses draft scouts have Moses potentially sneaking into the 1st round and if he is there you have to draft him

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said dude, Im just not that desperate for O-line because I think our line problems in pass protection had alot less to do with the guys on the line and alot more to do with the guy behind the line. I think our line is servicable, and I would take a shot at making our WR group borderline elite more so than taking a servicable line and throwing more players at it to make them a step more servicable.

Sorry Shark, I like you, but not one NFL expert would agree with you. RG3 has his issues, thats for sure. But saying the OLine is serviceable is just a lie. Its substandard and any GM in the NFL or expert would testify to that.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deanpet-

You are arguing with Redskins fans. Its like arguing with a child or brickwall. I honestly think Bananaman is alive on these boards.

I have been aruging since the ESPN board days. I was called an idiot because I thought:

1. Trading for McNabb was a mistake.
2. Having anything to do with Haynesworth was a huge mistake.
3. Trading for Jamal Brown was a mistake.
4. Drafting Devin Thomas was a mistake.

and now....drafting a WR with the 34th pick would be yet another mistake. I would be happy to put my track record against any former ESPN poster or current SH poster.

Skins fans want to trade away picks and sign the highest price FA. Now, the buzzword is "best player available". Its the latest obsession if you are keeping count. Nobody has stopped to think, which 8 million dollar high producing WR will be benched for Benjamin?...LOL. You don't continue to add upon your strongest unit when you are 3-13. Other teams build through the draft and build both lines. Only Skins fans want to draft WR with our 1st pick each year.....

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this WR core screwed by one injury. Even if we lose Garcon or Jackson. Roberts can be a #2 WR in this league. Plus you can get contributions from hank and Robinson. Its one of the deepest position on this team. lol

Moses or Filo who would probably START wouldn't be a contributor? What!! that is crazy!!!

funny , before we signed jackson wr was a need , but if one gets hurt then roberts can step in . then why sign Djax ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again.. .screw pampering RG3. If he would learn to get rid of the ball, maybe he would stay off his back. If we have got to put the great wall of china in front of him because he holds onto the ball too long... maybe he isnt really a franchise QB after all. You take the best player for the team as a whole, not limit your picks to one area to try and make up for a weakness in another. If there is a WR on the board who is more talented thsan the o-line player we might draft and we take the o-lineman instead thats a mistake.

poppycock shark , sure Rg3 did hold the ball on occasion to make a play. but i saw numerous times when the dlineman beat our o/lineman before the back foot hit the ground

now i hate to be on deans side in this discussion because i think his position is screwed but if you are asking me if moses is there and benjamin is there i go moses because i believe he is a bookend RT for a decade and that is better then a # 4 wr that you can get later . same perhaps with filo at OG

but that is because i believe they would be the best players available over benjamin

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deanpet-

You are arguing with Redskins fans. Its like arguing with a child or brickwall. I honestly think Bananaman is alive on these boards.

I have been aruging since the ESPN board days. I was called an idiot because I thought:

1. Trading for McNabb was a mistake.
2. Having anything to do with Haynesworth was a huge mistake.
3. Trading for Jamal Brown was a mistake.
4. Drafting Devin Thomas was a mistake.

and now....drafting a WR with the 34th pick would be yet another mistake. I would be happy to put my track record against any former ESPN poster or current SH poster.

Skins fans want to trade away picks and sign the highest price FA. Now, the buzzword is "best player available". Its the latest obsession if you are keeping count. Nobody has stopped to think, which 8 million dollar high producing WR will be benched for Benjamin?...LOL. You don't continue to add upon your strongest unit when you are 3-13. Other teams build through the draft and build both lines. Only Skins fans want to draft WR with our 1st pick each year.....

i will say poppycock to this as well

1) i wanted us to stop gap JC and keep the picks and anyone on the espn boards KNOWS this

2) i bashed AH from the day he got here

3) brown i thought could work out but the price was too high . i said that too

4) i said thomas was the perfect example of why you dont reach for a need . we "needed " a tall wr . we drafted 2 . we passed on djax

what you need to do is understand my position in regards to the draft . i say take the BPA and if it is benjamin you take him

however if moses or filo or say a dee ford falls do you think i advocate benjamin ? no i advocate the better player . my position is if he is the BPA take him if you cant pick for a need that has VALUE at the spot you selecting him

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely no way you draft Benjamin over Moses draft scouts have Moses potentially sneaking into the 1st round and if he is there you have to draft him

Country... thats my entire point. If things fall exactly right ( IE there is a massive and unexpected run on OTs more than usual) Moses could SNEAK into the first round. On the flip side every one on the planet who does draft forcasting of any sort would be shocked if BEnjamin fell to the second round.

So whats of more value, the guy who would sneak into the first round, or the guy you got lucky was there in the 2nd round??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Country... thats my entire point. If things fall exactly right ( IE there is a massive and unexpected run on OTs more than usual) Moses could SNEAK into the first round. On the flip side every one on the planet who does draft forcasting of any sort would be shocked if BEnjamin fell to the second round.

So whats of more value, the guy who would sneak into the first round, or the guy you got lucky was there in the 2nd round??

Another way to look at it is in 5 years, which is more valuable to the team, a game impacting WR or a good LT?
You guys need to stop looking at just next year when analyzing draft strategy. You pick players in the draft with the long term in mind. You fill short term holes via FA.