• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coburn Extended

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here are the current D men earning a cap hit of 4.5 million. I would put COburn at the top of this list...
Bieksa, Kevin »
Hainsey, Ron »
Komisarek, Mike »
Hamhuis, Dan »
Pitkanen, Joni »

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the current D men earning a cap hit of 4.5 million. I would put COburn at the top of this list...
Bieksa, Kevin »
Hainsey, Ron »
Komisarek, Mike »
Hamhuis, Dan »
Pitkanen, Joni »

i might take bieksa over coburn.. but regardless, he belongs in that list.. at the very least he's better than hainsey and pitkanen

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd take Hamhuis, Bieska, and Probably Komisarek over Coburn. Call me crazy.

That said, my argument is against paying above average dmen this much money. I'd rather look for cheaper talent.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id take Bieksa, Hamhuis, and Komi over Coburn too.

I like Coburn, he is a solid DMan. I am glad we have him for this long, but just because other teams overpay for similar calibre players doesnt justify we do it.

Id rather we give the extension to Coburn then to Pronger....eh????....ehhh???

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Hamhuis, Bieska, and Probably Komisarek over Coburn. Call me crazy.

That said, my argument is against paying above average dmen this much money. I'd rather look for cheaper talent.

Id take Bieksa, Hamhuis, and Komi over Coburn too.

I like Coburn, he is a solid DMan. I am glad we have him for this long, but just because other teams overpay for similar calibre players doesnt justify we do it.
Id rather we give the extension to Coburn then to Pronger....eh????....ehhh???

see the problem with that statement is it forces you to do it.. because the players wont sign for cheaper when they can make that much somewhere else.. thus, it sets the market value for a player.. i'm all for finding cheaper talent as well, but the problem is, you cant find cheaper talent that is talented enough to fill that role, unless you plan on trading for it.. but if there is a top 4 guy that is playing for bottom pair $$$, he's going to very expensive (picks/players) to acquire

the only other alternative is to try and 'matt read' a defender or expect gust to improve enough to play top 4 minutes next year, plus having 2 of bart/marshall/kessel/etc. improve enough to play in the 6 and 7-holes, all of which are reaches IMO..

that's why its so important to have 1st round draft picks (cough, pronger trade, COUGH COUGH COUGH).. so that you have guys like luca sbisa with an entry-level deal that can play top 4.. the only way to not overpay (cap space wise, or player wise) talented players, is to have drafted them

Flyerfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For not being a fighter, major points won tonight by Coby for kicking Downie's ass. Did the ref hand Downie his teeth when he skated over to the penalty box with him? I thought it was going to go the other way early, but man, did he recover and take over. Good for him.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For not being a fighter, major points won tonight by Coby for kicking Downie's ass. Did the ref hand Downie his teeth when he skated over to the penalty box with him? I thought it was going to go the other way early, but man, did he recover and take over. Good for him.

I'm pretty sure he handed Downie smelling salts, we had a 5 minute debate at the bar tonight over that topic.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

props to downie also for apparently having a pretty tough face.. and to the refs for preventing coburn from literally collapsing downie's skull on itself

the end of that fight was one of the more lopsided i've ever seen.. coburn has dropped a couple times this year, he's starting to use that size of his.. i like it

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
in downie's defense the size mismatch was tremendous ha, i was looking forward to a showdown between him and rinaldo

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Downies defense part II, he did get in 3-4 really good shots on Coburn in the beginning. The second one buckled Coburns knees too, but yeah...Coburn was starting to cave Downies face in at the end of it. Loved it. :)

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zac would have made Downie cry by the end of a bout between the 2. lol Downie is a retard, but there was no way he was going to be dumb enough to attempt that stunt.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh ya, i'm not saying it was a fair fight.. the punches downie did land lost all their gusto because he basically had to stretch all of his fingers out to reach coburn's face.. 6'5 vs 5'11 is a very big difference.. coburn just held him at arms length and there wasn't anything downie could do about it

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Komisarek is garbage. Coburn >>> Komi. The only two on that list that could be better are Bieksa and Hamhuis and they're not even givens.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coburn is better than most of your list so if another team would pay him why not us to keep him he's a solid defenseman and he beat the shit out of Downie which most of those others guys cant do so he's worth it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Komisarek is garbage. Coburn >>> Komi. The only two on that list that could be better are Bieksa and Hamhuis and they're not even givens.

Totally agree if the laughs could dump komi and his salary they would. At least Coburn can skate. bieksa and hamhuis are close and have similar talents but no ones way ahead of Coburn....

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha

I just heard them say that and I am just furious over it. How do you overpay a guy AND throw in a NTC???

Damnit Homer, stop making NTC's a given when it comes to contracts.

I like Homer, but come on. He is young and good, the hit is one thing, but he could be a great trade asset.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
his play over the last few games is definitely making him earn it tho..let's hope he keeps this up

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at the ntc. Homer gives those things out cheap!

I'm not too concerned though, I really don't think it restricts it too bad. As long as the player isn't too arrogant and go to the media with their list. Cause really, once a team asks if you'll allow a trade you gotta feel Pretty scorned