• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach's poll is out...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit, you say your ranking them because they would beat teams in the top 25. You think they will beat WVU, so rank them ahead of them if you feel that way.

Yes, I think they would beat WVU.

I say that despite their record because of their schedule. Hook em is right, people believe they are better than their record indicates, and the reason for that is due to their SoS.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ 4down20 using reason on a CFB forum!!! :pound:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well normally I would agree with you, however, they've lost 3 times already. By mid October...For 100 years people have said to themselves, yea I think this team can still play some ball, but they are going to have to earn their way back in when a team loses their 3rd game this early. This season is just screwy when compared to years past. It's not like Ole Miss has played all their hard games yet either. It's just the beginning so I am kind of in a wait and see mode on them. To each their own though.

I think the difference we are seeing between then and now is that we have more front loaded schedules now. It's not just Ole Miss I've done this with, Oklahoma is another example of a team I've had ranked higher than most(but nobody bitches about it).

Most everyone back in the day started out with 3 or 4 cupcakes. This year, Ole Miss starts the season against FSU and then is playing Alabama in week 3. Oklahoma starts the season with Houston and then week 3 they are playing Ohio St.

If these teams had played 3 or 4 cupcakes to start the year and they had 2 or 3 losses, no way in hell are they ranked.

And of course, these aren't the only teams that have done it. I think it's a trend that is going to continue.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think they would beat WVU.

I say that despite their record because of their schedule. Hook em is right, people believe they are better than their record indicates, and the reason for that is due to their SoS.

But look at a team like USC. Saragin has that SOS at 7 and they are 4-3 yet they have but a few votes for a top 25 spot.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference we are seeing between then and now is that we have more front loaded schedules now. It's not just Ole Miss I've done this with, Oklahoma is another example of a team I've had ranked higher than most(but nobody bitches about it).

Most everyone back in the day started out with 3 or 4 cupcakes. This year, Ole Miss starts the season against FSU and then is playing Alabama in week 3. Oklahoma starts the season with Houston and then week 3 they are playing Ohio St.

If these teams had played 3 or 4 cupcakes to start the year and they had 2 or 3 losses, no way in hell are they ranked.

And of course, these aren't the only teams that have done it. I think it's a trend that is going to continue.

That may be true, but I think it's also dangerous to put your eggs in the basket of a team that has consistently snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Ole Miss can play with anybody, I like their team. However, I'm just not sold they are going to win more than 8 games in the regular season. That typically leaves you on the outside looking in for the top 25 before bowl games. I think they need to beat a team like Auburn to show they belong. Auburn has also only lost to good teams and has beaten LSU which is a better win than Ole Miss has right now. That's gonna be my test for them before I rank them. They win this weekend and I will probably agree with everything you are saying.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But look at a team like USC. Saragin has that SOS at 7 and they are 4-3 yet they have but a few votes for a top 25 spot.

They lost 3 of their first 4, so they dipped out of the rankings completely. I think they are close to getting ranked again. I was looking at the OSCAR rankings this morning and they had USC @ #20, another win or 2 and they'll be ranked or getting up there in votes IMO.

I'm hoping they skull fuck Cal in 2 weeks.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be true, but I think it's also dangerous to put your eggs in the basket of a team that has consistently snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Ole Miss can play with anybody, I like their team. However, I'm just not sold they are going to win more than 8 games in the regular season. That typically leaves you on the outside looking in for the top 25 before bowl games. I think they need to beat a team like Auburn to show they belong. Auburn has also only lost to good teams and has beaten LSU which is a better win than Ole Miss has right now. That's gonna be my test for them before I rank them. They win this weekend and I will probably agree with everything you are saying.

I can either put my eggs in that basket, or I can put my eggs in the baskets of teams that have played mostly cupcakes thus far. The only ones we aren't doing that with are the winners of the tougher games like Alabama, Ohio St, Clemson, etc.

When it comes to those playing cupcakes, I try to look at how much better they do, and when it comes to teams that lose to tough teams, I try to look at how well they did against them.

Ole Miss plays LSU this weekend, if they lose, they gone for the season probably. They play Auburn the week after that, and that's a game I am going to keep track of for sure, because I want to see how the Auburn defense does against Ole Miss to see if it's actually legit.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can either put my eggs in that basket, or I can put my eggs in the baskets of teams that have played mostly cupcakes thus far. The only ones we aren't doing that with are the winners of the tougher games like Alabama, Ohio St, Clemson, etc.

When it comes to those playing cupcakes, I try to look at how much better they do, and when it comes to teams that lose to tough teams, I try to look at how well they did against them.

Ole Miss plays LSU this weekend, if they lose, they gone for the season probably. They play Auburn the week after that, and that's a game I am going to keep track of for sure, because I want to see how the Auburn defense does against Ole Miss to see if it's actually legit.

Ah, okay I had my weeks confused. I consider LSU and Auburn very similar teams this year so the point still stands. With Ole Miss though I could see them winning out and winning their bowl game leaving them near the Top 10. I could also see them losing several more games. It's really hard to get a reading on them. They are very talented though so I can see why people are high on them still.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost 3 of their first 4, so they dipped out of the rankings completely. I think they are close to getting ranked again. I was looking at the OSCAR rankings this morning and they had USC @ #20, another win or 2 and they'll be ranked or getting up there in votes IMO.

I'm hoping they skull fuck Cal in 2 weeks.

But they are not in now. That's why I along with many others are wondering how a 3 loss ole miss is.

I understand ole miss has played a really tough schedule and at least 2 of their loses are understandable. The Arkansas loss is a head scratcher. They were favored by over a touchdown.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are not in now. That's why I along with many others are wondering how a 3 loss ole miss is.

I understand ole miss has played a really tough schedule and at least 2 of their loses are understandable. The Arkansas loss is a head scratcher. They were favored by over a touchdown.

If Ole Miss had lost 3 of it's first 4 they wouldn't be ranked either.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Badgers are getting a ton of respect for still being in the top 10 with two loses. I think the voters know they choked on two games now they should've easily won. They were up on OSU by 10 at half but it felt like it should've been a 21pt lead with how dominant they were. We must win out now and the Conference championship.