• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach's poll is out...

arkansas89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sagarin has them at 32 currently. A far cry from 83.

Kudos to ole miss for playing the 6th toughest schedule in the nation but they are still a 3 loss team and don't belong in the top 25.
Honestly though, you gotta admit. they pass the eye test. tons of talent all over the field.

TexomaSooner

TexomaSooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's called SEC bias because you are ranking a 3 loss team that has beaten nobody because they share the same conference and already played your team.

So very true.
Just as beating an over-ranked LSU along with over-ranked Michigan State have delivered a seemingly permanent rise to Wisconsin's poll rankings , (while Wisconsin's unexpected rise has helped Michigan and Ohio State rise up in the rankings, but somehow not Georgia State who almost beat the Badgers, and the Buckeyes' rankings were helped by beating over-ranked Oklahoma), Mississippi's early, and current over-ranking has affected the rankings the most. The Rebels lofty early over-ranking helped make over-rated Florida State even more over-ranked and FSU helped Louisville to be over-ranked and beating Louisville along with beating over-ranked Georgia has caused Clemson to become over-ranked.
Thus the pre-season over-ranking mistakes by the polls are still affecting the current rankings and they will continue to affect them throughout the entire season.

Last edited:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though, you gotta admit. they pass the eye test. tons of talent all over the field.

Absolutely, I think Chad Kelly is an excellent quarterback even though he is a real dick.

My problem is ranking a 3 loss team ahead of several 2 loss teams this early. Yes, not every loss is the same, but to be fair ole miss was favored by more then a touchdown at Arkansas and was losing the whole game in that loss.

An yes, I think they would beat WVU more times then not, although I doubt by 30.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So very true.
Just as beating an over-ranked LSU along with over-ranked Michigan State have delivered a seemingly permanent rise to Wisconsin's poll rankings , (while Wisconsin's unexpected rise has helped Michigan and Ohio State rise up in the rankings, but somehow not Georgia State who almost beat the Badgers, and the Buckeyes' rankings were helped by beating over-ranked Oklahoma), Mississippi's early, and current over-ranking has affected the rankings the most. The Rebels lofty early over-ranking helped make over-rated Florida State even more over-ranked and FSU helped Louisville to be over-ranked and beating Louisville along with beating over-ranked Georgia has caused Clemson to become over-ranked.
Thus the pre-season over-ranking mistakes by the polls are still affecting the current rankings and they will continue to affect them throughout the entire season.

It's college football, everyone sucks.

You can poke holes in any team in the country - because it's college football.

Everyone's over-ranked, everyone beats everyone, same stuff every year and yet it never seems to register with some. It's all easy - until you start to find legitimate teams out there who are better.

Preseason ranks have nothing to do with it. It's nothing more than a copout. Computers that figure things up fresh each week with no bias towards previous rankings come up with near the same results.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#23 in the S&P.

You have the talent to be a top5 team.

Unfortunately that's true. Unfortunately Arizona may have been the first game SC looked like a top 25 team. If they can stop turning the ball over they'll be good from here on out. I'm still holding out for 8-4.