• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach's poll is out...

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...WVU beat an SEC team and is undefeated?

WHY THE FUCK AIN'T THEY IN THE TOP 10?!?!?!?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just described the process by which USC has been ranked throughout the years....
And I have never liked that system. However USC does play a 9 game conference schedule which does hold bearing. By playing an 8 game schedule. And scheduling an extra FCS team. The SEC is gaining a win while removing a conference loss. By doing so that skews the rankings throughout the conference. USC throughout its history has never shied away rom anyone. Scheduling home and homes with top 25/top 10 OOC competition. IE: Ohio State,Nebraska,V tech etc...While upholding their rivalry with Notre Dame.If you compare schedules their is a major disparity between the amount of FCS,G5 ,Mid Majors,etc...Between USC and the SEC. As well as several other teams who play a 9 game schedule.

The scheduling of an extra opponent al a lower level of competition. Skews the rankings.Especially late in the season.

As far as polls and bias. I would not want to see a 3 loss SC team ranked over a 2 loss team. Because of an impure human poll. I would want to see SC ranked through a system that bases their ranking on performance and statistics.With the conferences in cohesion and playing on a level playing field across the board. The play offs are a great start but there is still a lot of room for improvement. In crowning one true champion.

arkansas89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pick Ole Miss over WVU if they played tomorrow.

And yet I'll also be ranking WVU.
As would I. would pick mississippi by 30+. mississippi is a good team, they just have a dumb coach in my opinion. dude is a fucking idiot.

arkansas89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
old miss would push west virginia's shit in, no doubt.

arkansas89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
due to the laws of the transitive property, we know that WVU will be coming back down to earth soon. BYU needed OT to defeat the mighty Mississippi St bulldogs, and the Mountaineers won by a measly 3 points over the cougars. dog don't hunt