• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Poll Released

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily.

There is no guarantee that OU or Texas stay ranked.

There's a chance the Big 12 has 1-2 teams ranked after Baylor. Texas still isn't good at all, OU has been a joke against their good competition, and Okie State lost to fucking 4-6 WVU. Wisconsin and Michigan State unquestionably look better than those teams.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh. OSU still needs either fsu or Bama to lose. So this is jus conjecture at this point. Relax buckeyes.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams have passed OSU because they've played better schedules ALL SEASON.

Voters tend to not shift from week to week mostly......unless there is a blowout. If they think team A is better than team B, they won't simply change their vote based on one game, unless tOSU blows out a ranked opponent.

Baylor will still have beaten more ranked teams. There would have to be a LARGE shift in voting, and I don't see that happening.

So the fact that the teams who passed Ohio State ... did so after a top win ... is coincidence?

I mean come on ... this is football 101. You impress voters by either rolling over teams or beating other high ranked teams. Voters tend to look at the scoreboard, not some SOS computer formula.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the voters will do everything possible to make certain in the weird case that Alabama and FSU get beat to make certain Bayloer plays either Fresno State or Northern Illinois for the NCG over an undefeated Ohio State.

once again today Mark May showed his pure hatred for Ohio State when the question was posed to Rece Marbles and Mark who would get picked between Ohio State and Baylor
Mark May picked Baylor

Rece and Marbles picked Ohio State

Mark's lone argument was look they scored 70 on Buffalo and Ohio State scored 40 on Buffalo

Baylor has a nice team but to take up for them as much as Mark may will for the remainder of the season will prove how much an asshole he is to the world.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a chance the Big 12 has 1-2 teams ranked after Baylor. Texas still isn't good at all, OU has been a joke against their good competition, and Okie State lost to fucking 4-6 WVU. Wisconsin and Michigan State unquestionably look better than those teams.

There's also a chance the B1G will only have 1-2 ranked teams too. Loser of the Wisconsin/Minnesota game won't, especially if it's Minnesota. Loser of the Nebraska vs. MSU game might not. I'd expect MSU if they lose to be in the 22-25 range, however.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama
2. Florida State
3. Ohio State
4. Baylor
5. Stanford
6. Clemson
7. Oregon
8. Missouri
9. Auburn
10. Oklahoma State
11. Texas A&M
12. South Carolina
13. Louisville
14. Fresno State
15. UCLA
16. Michigan State
17. Oklahoma
18. LSU
19. UCF
20. Wisconsin
21. Northern Illinois
22. ASU
23. Miami
24. Texas
25. Minnesota

USA Today | Sports | NCAAF

Baylor or stanford should be third and auburn should be seventh

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put Texas at about 25a and Oklahoma at 25b. Jesus what a sorry season this has been. For anyone wondering if OU has been in a steady decline over the past few years, please read this. I've been bitching on this site for two years about what's been happening but now (finally!) the majority of OU fans are starting to wake up and smell the coffee. OU sucks, people. I hope Texas wins the conference championship (as I predicted at the start of the season) so it puts even more heat on Bob Stoops. Oklahoma football: Numbers show steep decline in OU program since last BCS Championship appearance | News OK

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEBRASKA has Michigan state's number.

I am not so certain Ohio state will even play Michigan State.

I think the Huskers continue their mastery over the Spartans at home in Lincoln.

That is just one of those matchup things.....

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue why OU is still ranked above UT. The only thing I can think of is the 2 losses each team has. UT lost to Ole Miss and BYU. OU lost to UT and BU. If not that, then ranked teams beaten? OU beat ND and TT, both ranked decent at game time. UT beat ranked OU.

I feel UT is the better team at this point. However, I don't have a vote in the polls. As some have stated, it will all sort itself out. Both OU and UT will drop 2 more games(OU to KSU and OSU; UT to OSU and BU), so UT will finish higher in the B12, which is all that really matters for either team since neither is winning the B12. My guess is UT gets the Alamo Bowl and OU gets the Holiday or some other meaningless Bowl this year. :burt:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also a chance the B1G will only have 1-2 ranked teams too. Loser of the Wisconsin/Minnesota game won't, especially if it's Minnesota. Loser of the Nebraska vs. MSU game might not. I'd expect MSU if they lose to be in the 22-25 range, however.

The odds are extremely against both Minnesota and Nebraska, but with Nebraska, the odds are they finish 9-3 which would end them ranked in the 20s for sure IMO. Minnesota has 2 L's most likely on their remaining schedule and will finish 8-4. However, this still leaves the B1G with remaining ranked MSU (likely close to top 10, if not top 10 at 11-1), Wisconsin (10-2, likely top 15), both of whom OSU will have a win over.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not any worse than Louisville and UCF...or Oklahoma and Texas for that matter.
Or LSU and UGa ... when will you guys stop complaining about the obvious? This is the way the polls have always worked. Get over it.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't seem to get it ... it isn't that the BigXII has a bunch of mediocre teams, it's that they are the best conference, top to bottom, and they just beat each other up all season long.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Okie State lost to fucking 4-6 WVU.
-
I guess that means Stanford is a bad team for losing to Utah.