• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Poll Released

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget which poll they dumped out of the formula, but my point is this: the HUMAN component doesn't just arbitrarily change their votes because tOSU beats a team in the CCG. If they think Baylor passes the eyeball test better, they'll vote Baylor. There's no guarantee tOSU jumps Baylor. Baylor will likely have a better resume should they go undefeated, as they will have beaten more ranked teams.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17) Oklahoma
24) Texas

Sounds about right.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think half these coaches don't have time and have their fucking kids do the ballots for them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget which poll they dumped out of the formula, but my point is this: the HUMAN component doesn't just arbitrarily change their votes because tOSU beats a team in the CCG. If they think Baylor passes the eyeball test better, they'll vote Baylor. There's no guarantee tOSU jumps Baylor. Baylor will likely have a better resume should they go undefeated, as they will have beaten more ranked teams.

It hurts tOSU doesn't play Nebraska or Minny.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the fuck is happening in the world.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's ok. It will all play out in a few weeks.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently the difference by beating BYU soundly and getting your shit pushed in by them is 4 spots.

:L

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently the difference by beating BYU soundly and getting your shit pushed in by them is 4 spots.

:L

Not any worse than Louisville and UCF...or Oklahoma and Texas for that matter.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Florida State get to move up to the number two ranking. The Big Ten may be down but its still way tougher than the ACC. They rank Clemson and Florida State high and all these two do is play each other. They had Miami ranked way higher than they should and they would lose to over more than half of the Pac 12. So we have to take that Florida State is great because they have ran the score up on mediocre competition.

Oregon thrashes opponents from the ACC and the SEC and lose to a powerful Stanford on the road. Meanwhile Florida State will get the ACC championship game against a weak Georgia Tech who got their butts kicked by BYU.

The ACC is a joke in football and it has been that way for many years.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts tOSU doesn't play Nebraska or Minny.

Or MSU, at least in the regular season. Ohio St could end up playing the 3 worst teams in the other division.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes they do, it's the reason teams passed Ohio State despite never losing. Play a good opponent and you are rewarded by voters.

If Baylor passes Ohio State for beating Okie State ... the same could be said if Ohio State beats a MSU. Teams have always been awarded by winning their CCG against a top team via the polls .... ask SEC fans.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they do, it's the reason teams passed Ohio State despite never losing. Play a good opponent and you are rewarded by voters.

If Baylor passes Ohio State for beating Okie State ... the same could be said if Ohio State beats a MSU. Teams have always been awarded by winning their CCG against a top team via the polls .... ask SEC fans.

It is an extra game that the BIG12 conference won't have, and it will be against a ranked opponent, AND it will be after the regular season, so fresh in the voter's minds.

Damn skippy.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck is texas doing in there?:wtf2:

Ucf2013fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville being 6 spots ahead of ucf is the biggest joke I've ever seen

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teams have passed OSU because they've played better schedules ALL SEASON.

Voters tend to not shift from week to week mostly......unless there is a blowout. If they think team A is better than team B, they won't simply change their vote based on one game, unless tOSU blows out a ranked opponent.

Baylor will still have beaten more ranked teams. There would have to be a LARGE shift in voting, and I don't see that happening.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor will still have beaten more ranked teams. There would have to be a LARGE shift in voting, and I don't see that happening.

Not necessarily.

There is no guarantee that OU or Texas stay ranked.