• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches of All-Time

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fault. I thought you skipped over my comments and went straight to the ranking and was asking me if they ranked CBs, too. Obviously, I misread your post. You said another thread, not another link.

Actually my fault . The same article but with all of them ranked.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you TLB...

He says Bill Walsh's success was because of Joe Montana, then says this- "And I say, "How do you know Tom Brady would be Tom Brady anywhere else? He wasn't Tom Brady in college, was he?"

I think it was a little of both. They produced a synergy together matched only by that created by the Beatles.

What an idiot. Montana was the perfect fit for Walsh's offense. But Walsh was successful because he drafted players like Joe Montana. All the other NFL teams passed on him and there were 49er personnel who thought Walsh drafted him too soon. They thought Montana would have fallen to later rounds

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you TLB...

He says Bill Walsh's success was because of Joe Montana, then says this- "And I say, "How do you know Tom Brady would be Tom Brady anywhere else? He wasn't Tom Brady in college, was he?"

Yeah, that is pretty awful. If it was because of Montana, how would that account for how much his philosophies changed the game and how many coaches under him went on to have so much success?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hold on...

Tom Brady was a QB who didn't win the starting job until he was a junior & was moderately valued by the NFL (6th round pick).

Joe Montana was a QB who didn't win the starting job until his junior season and was moderately valued by the NFL (3rd round pick).

Both won the starting job early on in the NFL and went on to win the Super Bowl as youngsters.

Remind me how one had this radical transformation from college to pro' and the other didn't?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on...

Tom Brady was a QB who didn't win the starting job until he was a junior & was moderately valued by the NFL (6th round pick).

Joe Montana was a QB who didn't win the starting job until his junior season and was moderately valued by the NFL (3rd round pick).

Both won the starting job early on in the NFL and went on to win the Super Bowl as youngsters.

Remind me how one had this radical transformation from college to pro' and the other didn't?

Montana wasn't even thought of highly by his coach at Notre Dame. They didn't think he was serious about the game and a competitor.