• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach Gile on Kaps offseason workout

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about the inept way Jed handled the Harbaugh firing is that there were legitimate, on-field reasons to object to how Harbaugh was handling the team. And look, before I go into this, I have MAJOR reservations about getting rid of such a successful coach.

The reality is that Harbaugh was an offensive HC who was carried by his defense. This past season, with injuries to the D, we needed a borderline competent offense to be competitive. And we couldn't even produce that. Worst in the league in fourth-quarter scoring, by a wide margin. Second-worst in second-half scoring. With the possible exception of Kilgore, you can't really point to a single offensive player we developed under Harbaugh. Kap came on like gang-busters, but then regressed severely under tutelage of the "quarterback whisperer." WR and TE have been a disaster in terms of developing players. At some point, members of a staff have to be held accountable, and there was no indication Harbaugh was ever going to do that.

The above is all in addition to the delay of game stuff which we never came close to solving. It nearly cost us the GB game in the WC round last year, and certainly contributed to our loss against Seattle. There's no excuse for failing to address that. Not to mention that we had to be the worst team in the league at challenging. Please get Marathe back in the booth (who thought we'd be saying that a few years ago???). Attention to detail was not Harbaugh's strength, and in the NFL, that can be crucial. I don't love Tomsula as our HC, but hopefully he can improve upon some of these basic things.

Very well said. Totally agree

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about the inept way Jed handled the Harbaugh firing is that there were legitimate, on-field reasons to object to how Harbaugh was handling the team. And look, before I go into this, I have MAJOR reservations about getting rid of such a successful coach.

The reality is that Harbaugh was an offensive HC who was carried by his defense. This past season, with injuries to the D, we needed a borderline competent offense to be competitive. And we couldn't even produce that. Worst in the league in fourth-quarter scoring, by a wide margin. Second-worst in second-half scoring. With the possible exception of Kilgore, you can't really point to a single offensive player we developed under Harbaugh. Kap came on like gang-busters, but then regressed severely under tutelage of the "quarterback whisperer." WR and TE have been a disaster in terms of developing players. At some point, members of a staff have to be held accountable, and there was no indication Harbaugh was ever going to do that.

The above is all in addition to the delay of game stuff which we never came close to solving. It nearly cost us the GB game in the WC round last year, and certainly contributed to our loss against Seattle. There's no excuse for failing to address that. Not to mention that we had to be the worst team in the league at challenging. Please get Marathe back in the booth (who thought we'd be saying that a few years ago???). Attention to detail was not Harbaugh's strength, and in the NFL, that can be crucial. I don't love Tomsula as our HC, but hopefully he can improve upon some of these basic things.

well said Crimson

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We had some guys come out from the office playing in my corporate charity event, and there were a couple of times where I went, 'Whoa! Was that a little bit of touch I just saw? ... Colin laughed and told me, 'We're not out here working for nothing.'

"The situation forced him to throw with a little more touch. He couldn't throw it as hard as maybe he wanted to with those corporate guys."

It's obviously a lot different making these throws in a random flag football game as compared to making them in the middle of an NFL game. But little things like this are at least positive to hear about. Well, unless you think Kap playing in a corporate flag football game is a waste of time and he should WATCH MORE FILM!!!

Kurt Warner talks Colin Kaepernick and flag football - Niners Nation

Just quoted the humorous part, there's more in the link.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the main thing Kaepernick needs to work on his his public personna. He needs to quit the fake "gangster, angry black man" routine in his interviews. Trying to be something you are not takes a lot of effort and his efforts should be focusd on becomming a better quarterback.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cassel was a probowler with better numbers in kc. He also had the luxury of randy moss. He chucked it up to him a ton that year.

A two sport guy huh? He's also a pro football player.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A two sport guy huh? He's also a pro football player.
GN1ug72.gif

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Only idiots watch the Simpsons
This is fun. So, people that watch the simpsons are idiots. Thats a really broad brush stroke. What do you watch or enjoyment?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fun. So, people that watch the simpsons are idiots. Thats a really broad brush stroke. What do you watch or enjoyment?
Play sports, read. The Simpsons show glorifies stupidity and it attracts stupid people.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play sports, read. The Simpsons show glorifies stupidity and it attracts stupid people.
So...you play sports and . Thats it? You dont watch tv?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what you do watch...all cspan, shit like that?
Lotta sports, movies and such. No cartoons like the Simpsons. There is a reason children watch cartoons; its because they are children. When adults do it, that's another story. That's just creepy.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotta sports, movies and such. No cartoons like the Simpsons. There is a reason children watch cartoons; its because they are children. When adults do it, that's another story. That's just creepy.
so, your belief is everyone who watches anything animated...is creepy?

what an odd, misguided belief.

you must hate the entire country of japan. those creepy bastids!