• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clayton: Seahawks have lost Clemons to a torn ACL; team files complaint with NFL

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
about the "re-sodding of the field." Did not expand on what sort of discipline they could face, though. I have never heard of a team doing that before. My guess is all they could do is fine the team? My other guy is that the complaint doesn't really amount to anything much from the league?

I have yet to see anybody else confirm but he said it on SportsCenter this afternoon. Clayton is a former Seattle guy, though, so it's possible he's the one with the story. We'll see if there's more soon.

Pete Carroll says FedEx Field was “horrible” | ProFootballTalk

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mike Periera was on KNBR this morning, said the league has been at odds with the Skins and Steelers for years about their fields.....and they've ordered the teams to replace the grass from time to time.

After this mess you can't be surprised if the Skins go to artificial grass next year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok. So at the end of NFL Live they said that Ed Werder is reporting that a source says Clemons suffered a torn ACL. Rehab could take up to 9 months. This aired almost a half hour ago.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The NFL's toughest scoring defense will be missing one of its most important players Sunday when the Seattle Seahawks play the top-seeded Atlanta Falcons and quarterback Matt Ryan in a divisional playoff game.

NFC West Blog

ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

• Network: NFL Nation

The MRI performed on Seahawks pass-rusher Chris Clemons revealed he suffered a torn ACL and other significant damage in his left knee that will require surgery and end his season, according to a source close to the player.

The surgery and rehabilitation typically takes as long as nine months.

Clemons led Seattle with 11.5 sacks in the regular season. He had two tackles against the Redskins before being injured.

While coach Pete Carroll said that kicker Steven Hauschka's strained calf seemed to be improving, the team is also considering bringing in several kickers for tryouts this week in case Hauschka is unable to play against the Falcons.

Speaking on his weekly radio show on 710 KIRO-AM Monday morning, Carroll said the team was concerned about Clemons' injury but was still awaiting results of the MRI.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think medical science would have by now figured out a way to reinforce these little buggers BEFORE they rip & tear ;)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doug Farrar:

Pete Carroll confirms that Chris Clemons is out for the year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stating the obvious here, but this is why winning the division and getting that bye week is so huge.

It was horrible for both teams. I saw RG3's knee buckle on that fumble. Hard to figure what the Redskins are thinking by placing their franchise player in such a risky situation.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of Daniel Snyder's turf budget is in the following bank accounts:

Haynesworth, A.
McNabb, D.
Coles, L.
Randle El, A.
And so on and so on......

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The field has never been a problem up to this point since the Redskins aren't usually in the playoffs :D

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
about the "re-sodding of the field." Did not expand on what sort of discipline they could face, though. I have never heard of a team doing that before. My guess is all they could do is fine the team? My other guy is that the complaint doesn't really amount to anything much from the league?

I have yet to see anybody else confirm but he said it on SportsCenter this afternoon. Clayton is a former Seattle guy, though, so it's possible he's the one with the story. We'll see if there's more soon.

Pete Carroll says FedEx Field was “horrible” | ProFootballTalk

Here we go finally:

NFL requires certification of field fitness within 72 hours of kickoff | ProFootballTalk

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chance of rain at candlestick, it might get oogly.

Every fg try will be a squeeze.

Yes, this is great for our kickers, jk. But maybe the rain can make a wide left miss shank slip into a made field goal?

Does this mean we'll actually run the ball? Or are we going to ignore it again? We should have an advantage there because of our runners and their lack thereof.