• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clay Helton named USC HC

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU FAIL USC!!! YOU FAIL!!!! AGAIN!!! LOLLLLLLLLL

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GLORIOUS DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELTON 4 PREZ!!

LMFGAO!!

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip said no huh.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip said no huh.

Chip was never actually on the list. Neither was Jeff Fisher (who was also rumored). I'm good with this hire. He's made in game adjustments and the team has shown week over week improvements that we didn't see under Kiffin or Sarkisian. I also love the commitment to the run game. We didn't see that under Kiffin or Sark either.

The players all love him and wanted him to get the job. Perhaps more important, recruits have been weighing in on twitter and saying they want USC to hire him.

I don't know if he's the right hire (no matter who it is, you never know until the team plays), but he's earned a shot, imo. Hopefully, he will make the best of it because I'm tired of the coaching carousel.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got the job because he was the only one to agree to blow into the breathalyzer in order to get into the athletic facilities.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked him up...will the fans be happy about this? :susp:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its like USC is the only school that doesnt realize they are USC. Its not like the coach du jour always works out, but this is the 3rd under the radar coach they have hired. All have seem to be lazy in house hires.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its like USC is the only school that doesnt realize they are USC. Its not like the coach du jour always works out, but this is the 3rd under the radar coach they have hired. All have seem to be lazy in house hires.

USC doesn't and never has needed a "big name coach." The 3 best coaches in USC history (McKay, Robinson and Carroll) were under the radar coaches when they were hired. The Kiffin and Sarkisian hires were made in an attempt to emulate the Pete Carroll era. It hasn't worked.

In Helton, they got a guy who is looking to just coach the football team and not emulate anything other than a football coach.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is wrong with USC's leadership??

You are god damn USC.

At least roll out the interview process. The names will answer the phone at least.
Get some bigger names to tell you "no" before you settle.

All these interim coach guys fail.
Never ever fall in love with an interim guy. It is literally the first mistake in hiring a new coach.

makes little sense

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip was never actually on the list. Neither was Jeff Fisher (who was also rumored). I'm good with this hire. He's made in game adjustments and the team has shown week over week improvements that we didn't see under Kiffin or Sarkisian. I also love the commitment to the run game. We didn't see that under Kiffin or Sark either.

The players all love him and wanted him to get the job. Perhaps more important, recruits have been weighing in on twitter and saying they want USC to hire him.

I don't know if he's the right hire (no matter who it is, you never know until the team plays), but he's earned a shot, imo. Hopefully, he will make the best of it because I'm tired of the coaching carousel.
It works out if it is the right fit. Not all of 'em have to go through the mid major route. Weren't Chip Kelly, Gary Patterson and Kyle Whittingham assistants at their respective schools? Chris Petersen was too at Boise I believe.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC doesn't and never has needed a "big name coach." The 3 best coaches in USC history (McKay, Robinson and Carroll) were under the radar coaches when they were hired. The Kiffin and Sarkisian hires were made in an attempt to emulate the Pete Carroll era. It hasn't worked.

In Helton, they got a guy who is looking to just coach the football team and not emulate anything other than a football coach.

It may work out great. In the end every coach is a gamble. Just seems like they did not go through all the proper vetting. I thought the offense has been a bit of disappointment this year for USC

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is wrong with USC's leadership??

You are god damn USC.

At least roll out the interview process. The names will answer the phone at least.
Get some bigger names to tell you "no" before you settle.

All these interim coach guys fail.
Never ever fall in love with an interim guy. It is literally the first mistake in hiring a new coach.

makes little sense

In USC's defense, all interim coaches are a major problem. There is almost no upside to having one. They do poorly and you gained nothing. They do well and now you risk alienating the players. It is one reason I would always try to avoid naming one, though USC had no choice in that matter