• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clay Court Season Thread

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grass is Fed's best chance of winning a major. Clay is his worst because of the high bounce that so many more players can create with topspin, which is only increased by the surface. It's devastating for his backhand, which is becoming an increasing liability along with movement. His chances on hard are only slightly better.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Murray would win today. Novak had back to back tough matches against Rafa and Kei. Beating Murray today was always going to be difficult
Nole played a full clay court season, and got to final after final after final.

Considering the French was set to start just 7 days after that final, I thought it looked like Nole went out with a "I will give x amount of effort to win today, no more. And if Andy is too good, then so be it."

Good for Andy, though. I really like both players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nole played a full clay court season, and got to final after final after final.

Considering the French was set to start just 7 days after that final, I thought it looked like Nole went out with a "I will give x amount of effort to win today, no more. And if Andy is too good, then so be it."

Good for Andy, though. I really like both players.

I think Nole was disappointed with his run at Monte Carlo. I don't think he would have played both Rome and Madrid if he went deeper at Monte Carlo