• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Classless Niner's

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early in the second quarter, the Seahawks punted deep to 49ers returner LaMichael James, who was promptly destroyed by Ricardo Lockette. The result: a muffed punt recovered by San Francisco.

But on the very same play, Seahawks gunner Jeremy Lane was forced out of bounds, as often happens. But unlike every other punt you've ever seen, it looks like someone on the sidelines in 49ers sweats gave an unsuspecting Lane a forearm shiver as he tried to make his way back onto the field.

https://vine.co/v/hlFeVnn6XWq

It's hard to tell for sure because the view is obscured, and as several commenters point out below, Lane may have actually tripped on the down marker.

Ultimatley, the league will have to decide what happened, intent, etc., but according to NationalFootballPost.com's Jason Cole, "The NFL is expected to look into an incident."

Earlier this season, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was fined $100,000 for finding his way onto the field and inadvertently getting in the way of Ravens returner Jacoby Jones.

Did someone on 49ers sidelines knock down Seahawks' Jeremy Lane? - CBSSports.com

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure you can put this on the level of that which happened in the Steelers Ravens game. First that was the head coach pulling that stunt in the Steelers game plus throw in he actually stepped on the field.

Now I did see the play and I do think some kind of punishment should happen. I'm not sure how malicious I would say this play was. The player or coach not sure what he was looked like he just stood his ground and when Lane came towards him lowered his shoulder into him. Most times you see guys trying to get out of the way in those situations but I will say most teams do try to pull some things of having players stand like that to slow down the gunners so not like San Fran is the first to do that.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So..basically you posted that no one as yet really has any idea if he fell or was hit...yet you called out the 49ers as "classless"....

I'm assuming we are forgetting both Mr. Sherman's idiocy and the pelting of an injured San Francisco player with food as he was carted off the field?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So..basically you posted that no one as yet really has any idea if he fell or was hit...yet you called out the 49ers as "classless"....

I'm assuming we are forgetting both Mr. Sherman's idiocy and the pelting of an injured San Francisco player with food as he was carted off the field?

Oh that was a blatant hit,sure as the sun,,,are you really considering a few popcorn kernels to a hit like that during a Championship game?

cruiselaff.jpg

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks pretty clear to me that it was intentional. Afterwards, the guy that hits the Seattle gunner seems to be proud of the "hit" he gave. I'll be interested to see how the league rules on this. It's obvious these two teams definitively don't like each other. Gotta love NFL rivalries.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to giner fans, 5 popcorn kernels dropped in your direction is now attempted murder and a jury trial should occur. What a bunch of butt hurt girls.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks beat the 49ers and have made it to the Super Bowl. Why are some of you looking behind you? Seattle is PLAYING IN THE SUPER BOWL AGAIN!!! Enjoy it guys! Don't sweat stupid shit.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lanehit.gif

I am not sweating it. Lane was not hurt, I don't care if they get fined or not. But let's call a spade a spade. That guy took out Lane intentionally. And Harbaugh is clearly looking right at it. After the game he said he didn't see it.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh that was a blatant hit,sure as the sun,,,are you really considering a few popcorn kernels to a hit like that during a Championship game?

View attachment 8578

More than a "few popcorn" kernals...but it looks to me like the Seattle player slipped when he decided to get back on the field...not much of a blatant hit.

The Tom Cruise/Oprah Show pic was a nice touch. Proves that even someone with your I.Q. can be taught basic computer skills.:laugh3:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was intentional. GTFO with that BS.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was intentional without a doubt.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at the video and tell us what happened. Seems pretty cut and dry. That the league hasn't yet come out with official statements isn't unusual. These things are not settled in a day or two.

As for 'pelting an injured san fran player with food' you people are just plain forcing outrage where there isn't any. That same player in Dec of '12 tore up a sign held by a Seattle fan right by that very exit ramp. that is a season ticket section. You don't think those fans around there remember what a classless fuckwad he was? When you fuck with the fans I'm not sure you can be outraged or surprised when they give it back to you.

It is really amazing how many SF fans are crying over popcorn falling near him. I don't even think any of it actually touched him, but you'd think they were throwing bottles or some dangerous foreign object, not popcorn. I can't recall ever reading about anyone be injured by falling popcorn, more or less an athlete covered in armor. I mean seriously get over yourselves. This artificial outrage really makes you all look weak.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't there an assistant coach a couple years back that got a life time ban for telling his guys to form a wall near the sidelines for gunners to run into when they would get pushed out of bounds?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't there an assistant coach a couple years back that got a life time ban for telling his guys to form a wall near the sidelines for gunners to run into when they would get pushed out of bounds?

It's a dirty game. Always has been, always will be.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll thread.

The game is over.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the video and tell us what happened. Seems pretty cut and dry. That the league hasn't yet come out with official statements isn't unusual. These things are not settled in a day or two.

As for 'pelting an injured san fran player with food' you people are just plain forcing outrage where there isn't any. That same player in Dec of '12 tore up a sign held by a Seattle fan right by that very exit ramp. that is a season ticket section. You don't think those fans around there remember what a classless fuckwad he was? When you fuck with the fans I'm not sure you can be outraged or surprised when they give it back to you.

It is really amazing how many SF fans are crying over popcorn falling near him. I don't even think any of it actually touched him, but you'd think they were throwing bottles or some dangerous foreign object, not popcorn. I can't recall ever reading about anyone be injured by falling popcorn, more or less an athlete covered in armor. I mean seriously get over yourselves. This artificial outrage really makes you all look weak.

Lol, why do you keep defending this completely classless act? Having ripped up a sign is not a valid reason to taunt a guy whose leg just folded in half as he's being carted off the field. A guy who was playing a game for their entertainment no less. I'm starting to think that you were the one throwing popcorn at him.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, why do you keep defending this completely classless act? Having ripped up a sign is not a valid reason to taunt a guy whose leg just folded in half as he's being carted off the field. A guy who was playing a game for their entertainment no less. I'm starting to think that you were the one throwing popcorn at him.

Why do you insist on tying the injury to the popcorn? That was an enemy player that had a history of being a douche bag to the fans in that area leaving the field of play. I still don't know why you insist on making it into something big when it's god damned popcorn. No one chucked a battery at him or anything bad. And from what you can see nothing actually hit him. You are just way overboard on this and so are any of the rest of you trying to make something out of this. No one should throw things. Period, but let's distinguish the difference between popcorn falling near someone and full bottles or other dangerous foreign objects being thrown at someone.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on the OP - The Jeremy Lane incident on the sideline. As reported today by the Seattle Times. No shock it was the local paper as NO other outlet is covering it. Seems a player yelling is more interesting than a member of the 49'ers intentionally going after a player during a play.

Lane still waiting to hear from NFL on sideline hit | Seahawks Blog | Seattle Times

Seattle Seahawk cornerback Jeremy Lane said Wednesday he is still waiting to hear from the NFL about an incident in Sunday’s NFC title game win over the 49ers in which he was hit by a non-player on the San Francisco sideline while running down to cover a punt.

Wednesday, Lane described the play this way:

“I thought I seen the guy trying to move out of the way and then all the sudden I seen an arm, like an elbow hitting me in the neck and above. And I was like ‘dang.’ I didn’t really know how to react because I didn’t know if it was on purpose or not. So I was like ‘when I get back after the game I’m going to watch the tape and really see what happened.’ And when I watched tape I can clearly see the dude did it on purpose.”

Lane said he didn’t know exactly who it was who hit him but did say he knew it was a non-player.

He said he had talked to the NFL and that “they are doing an investigation.”

Seattle coach Pete Carroll on Monday said he saw the hit and that “I think that’ll be very interesting report back from the league. I was really disappointed that it didn’t get called because there is an official that’s on that he was obstructed out of bounds. By intent? I don’t know, I can’t tell that. I don’t know who knows. But it did happen and to tell you the truth, I’m not sure of the rule, but I think the rule had… that’s part of the bench, that’s part of the team, and they’re not allowed to do that. They have to make way. I had to make a deal about it because we saw it during the game, made a big deal about it to the officials so it wouldn’t happen again and I was just surprised because there is a guy that’s tracking that, the gunner. We’ll find out the ruling. I don’t really know what that is.”

And here’s what 49er coach Jim Harbaugh said to local reporters about the play on Tuesday and if the team has talked to the NFL:

“I think there has been some contact there. [General Manager] Trent’s [Baalke] talked to them about that. I do have a perspective on that because I did see it. I was standing closer to the sideline than the person that got run into. I saw Jeremy deep into our box and I turned around. What I saw was our guy do the exact same thing. I was practically in his shoes because we both turned around and saw the same thing. And he did run into our guy and kind of stumbled down to the ground. But our guy was in a spot back where he was supposed to be. I saw it with my own two eyes. I saw the same kind of reaction. He made the same reaction that I did. So, it was bang-bang. I could be called for a witness on that because I saw it.”

So now Harbaugh is saying he saw it, but that clearly the person was where they belonged and was trying to get out of his way and got hit. He wasn't 5 feet away and saw as clearly as the rest of us that his dude stepped into Lane with his forearm and knocked him down.

The dude who did it should be fired and Harbaugh is a heaping pile of shit for lying to cover it up. Just own up to it and move on. They can't take anything from you that matters at this point as your season is already over. No reason to be an asshole about it. :L

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of a few years back when the Jets' conditioning coach stuck his knee out into the MIA gunner's path. That guy was fired the following week.

I'm amazed that 49er fans are saying that wasn't intentional! The man in sweats clearly steps INTO the contact, whether it was a forearm or just a shoulder. It's pretty damn clear that he moved up and stepped into Lane.

Definitely worth a fine (possible suspension), but I wouldn't go as far as to say its comparable to the Tomlin incident.