• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

clarky

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I found this thread on tg and it hit the nail on the head I had to copy it

Here are facts about this David Clarkson we are going to miss so much

He is going to be 30 years old this season He has never produced 50 points in a season He has had one year where he produced more then 17 goals. ONE YEAR. He had 30. He has been a minus player hislast 3 years the most assists he has ever had, 16

He has had one good full year in his career. And he has already hit his peak most likely. He doesn’t pass, doesn’t make players on his line better, can’t skate and is no longer the agitator that made him so valuable. He has had ONE GOOD YEAR People. And that career year was 46 points. 46 POINTS. Did anyone watch his last 30 games? Are we supposed to pony up millionsfor a guy who at 30 years of age had one and a quarter good years?

So this guy is worth the 5 mil he is going to get. No chance.

The Devilsshould have been smart and traded him at the deadline or at least traded his rights last week.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The defense rests

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah except it's a what have you done for me lately league and he's scored an equivalent of 25+ two seasons in a row.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In fact,

The past two combined seasons:

Parise: 48
Kovalchuk: 48
Clarkson: 45

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson is good if your gonna park his ass in front of the net and hope for a deflection..when he actually has to shoot (which he does a lot) all he does it shoot it right into the goalies chest.

I could've swore last season that there was a shot on goal clause in his contract..would always get around 7 shots a game and usually only 1 or 2 were quality.

For his price tag we could probably sign Ryder and Clowe.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cup, you are right - but for the wrong reasons.

forget his career #s. He has shown considerable improvements to his shot, his skating, and his decision making over the past 2 years. He is a great character guy to have in the locker room and while his fighting has stopped he still is a top-level agitator. Overall he's an excellent 3rd liner in the NHL.

The problem I have is that this is a year the team cannot afford to stand around remaining status quo. Half the teams will be out of contention in free agency with a glut of players available to sign and on the trade market due to the huge drop in the salary cap. Clarkson is an average to slightly above average player in the NHL which should put his salary at around $3mil to $4mil. He's gonna try to get $5 mil a year from a team, and he rightfully deserves the hefty over-payment from a character standpoint.

The problem is if the Devils sign Clarkson for $5 mil it will basically eliminate any other big salary pickups which would be much more worthwhile to the team. Let Toronto pay $5mil a year for him and have them remove themselves from the offseason player scramble. I don't want Lou to waste the amazing position he's put himself into by overpaying his own free agents.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
mc those point totals dont mean much. kovy and parise both make players on their lines better. kovy plays 25 mins a night. both play short handed mins. both are out there in the final min both are leaders and captain material. clarkson was lucky last year was only 48 games other wise he would've finished with 15-20 goals.

irish your right too i think he lead the team in shots on goal and im sorry if your going to be finding those incredible chances and getting the puck on net you need to have more goals or points. finishers finish!

madcap the character and agitator factor is the only reason i would want to keep clarkson. i dont think his shot has improved i know his skating hasnt and if i have to sit through another 4 years of watching him get knocked down and look at the ref for a call instead of getting up im going to scream

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
national-lampoons-christmas-vacation-800-75.jpg

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love clarkson. But I'm not willing to pay him 5 mil for 6-8 years

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fire & Ice - Clarkson preparing to begin fielding bids from other teams after not accepting Devils? offer

clarkson's agent

"We indicated we would keep in touch as the process went along, but Lou would have to answer that question,” Morris said of whether they would talk again before Clarkson begins talking to other teams. “We have no need to call him. New Jersey is the one facing life without David, so that’s up to Lou to answer that question."

lol who does he think he represents? life without clarkson? ok see ya!

save the cap money for next season and spend like crazy.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent sounds like a little brat.

With that said, so um, who should my next avatar be? 2 for 2 with guys leaving the team. I think I had a request for Salvador. I could go the safe route and just pick Marty since he'll probably retire after this season.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
can you imagine if parise's agent came out and said that this time last year? how would everyone be feeling then? i know its only his agent but still thats a pretty insane comment. its david clarkson we are talking about.

please put either salvador or volchenkov in your profile!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how he doesn't mention anything about salary. For all we know the agent said "unless you're offering more than $5.5 million per for 6 years don't bother calling us".

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the agent's job supposed to be searching for a place to work for their client, or starting up negotiations so their client can work?

Clarkson doesn't need an agent if all he's doing is sitting around doing nothing and waiting for Lou to call. Clarky can easily do that himself.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
David Clarkson rejects Devils' offer, set to talk to other teams | NJ.com

this guy is nuts lol

"“We reviewed the proposal and let Lou know what we thought of it. The next step has to come from the Devils. We see no need to call" Lamoriello, Morris said.

“If David went elsewhere, he’d be added to a long list of players who left the Devils with no compensation. He’d join Zach Parise, Alexander Mogilny, Scott Niedermayer, Paul Martin, Scott Gomez…”

lol maybe the interest isnt there from other teams like he thought so he is trying to stir something up?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent sounds like a little brat.

With that said, so um, who should my next avatar be? 2 for 2 with guys leaving the team. I think I had a request for Salvador. I could go the safe route and just pick Marty since he'll probably retire after this season.

Tallinder, A-Train or Salvador if you can guarantee whoever it is will leave

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Clarkson rejects Devils' offer, set to talk to other teams | NJ.com

this guy is nuts lol

"“We reviewed the proposal and let Lou know what we thought of it. The next step has to come from the Devils. We see no need to call" Lamoriello, Morris said.

“If David went elsewhere, he’d be added to a long list of players who left the Devils with no compensation. He’d join Zach Parise, Alexander Mogilny, Scott Niedermayer, Paul Martin, Scott Gomez…”

lol maybe the interest isnt there from other teams like he thought so he is trying to stir something up?

To mention him with that list....outside of Martin....is laughable.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger saying Clarkson will get $6.5mil x 7 years on the UFA market

WTF??? Please let it be the Flyers or Rangers!