• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CJ Spiller realistic FA target

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiller is Bush Lite. He's no Reggie Bush IMO and being on the trainer's table is as close as he gets to Best. If Mayhew loved Spiller coming out he would have taken him over a guy with major concussion issues. I don't buy that. I'd take Spiller as long as he signs for less than Bell and understands that he is the 2 or 1b or whatever the case may be. If he's our top back we're probably in trouble.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never liked Chris Johnson either. I'd take him if he was cheap enough but i probably wouldn't even pay him what I'd pat Spiller.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be okay with CJ if he came cheap. I like Spiller, injury concerns are the problem with him though. Either way, the Line needs to improve to have success for either guy.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rookie would be pretty cheap :noidea:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiller is Bush Lite. He's no Reggie Bush IMO and being on the trainer's table is as close as he gets to Best. If Mayhew loved Spiller coming out he would have taken him over a guy with major concussion issues. I don't buy that. I'd take Spiller as long as he signs for less than Bell and understands that he is the 2 or 1b or whatever the case may be. If he's our top back we're probably in trouble.

Spiller went #9, Best went #30. Same draft. I'm sure if Mayhew had the choice between the two, straight up, at the time he would have taken Spiller 100 times out of 99. Don't you remember all the talk about us possibly trading up to get him? I know I do.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing Chris Johnson has going for him is exceptional durability. He's missed one game in his 7 year career, and that was in his rookie season. He's been available, and played in (but didn't necessarily start), every game for the last 6 seasons. That's crazy for a RB.

I'm not sure what the market will be for his services, but he's definitely growing on me. I didn't realize the Jets were expected to release him...

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiller went #9, Best went #30. Same draft. I'm sure if Mayhew had the choice between the two, straight up, at the time he would have taken Spiller 100 times out of 99. Don't you remember all the talk about us possibly trading up to get him? I know I do.

Damn, I thought Spiller went after Best. Must have misremembered!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew loves those pass catchers.

Sign Spiller then draft a WR in round 1, a 4th string RB in round 2 and shore up the TE spot in round 3. BOOM!

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew loves those pass catchers.

Sign Spiller then draft a WR in round 1, a 4th string RB in round 2 and shore up the TE spot in round 3. BOOM!

That was good. I laughed at that one.

Can we please go back to arguing about Suh or bashing on The Clown Show because my arteries are still really constricted from massive recent alcohol abuse and the idea of pursuing an injury prone RB who will cost more than the injury prone RB we just cut (fresh off restructuring his contract) might be more than I can take.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was good. I laughed at that one.

Can we please go back to arguing about Suh or bashing on The Clown Show because my arteries are still really constricted from massive recent alcohol abuse and the idea of pursuing an injury prone RB who will cost more than the injury prone RB we just cut (fresh off restructuring his contract) might be more than I can take.

I don't care. All I want to do is rip this organization and LOL when they go 4-12 next year. Wake me up when this regime is finally shown the door after 15 fucking years of not winning the North.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This off season is going horrible. If our best move turns out to be signing an injury prone change of pace RB to replace our recently cut injury prone change of pace RB at a higher salary than what we saved, I wouldn't be very happy at all.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad was Chris Johnson's gun shot wound? In the arm I believe...his passenger died, so don't know severity yet? To much other shit going on here.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an injury prone change of pace RB
The "injury-prone" label is a pretty inaccurate one imo. Prior to last season, he only missed 3 games out of a total of 64. He was always that change of pace in Buffalo, correct, b/c the coaches seemed to love them some FJax. Spiller has a career avg. of 5yds a carry. He's no number 1 back, but with Bell we don't necessarily need a true #1.

Now his injury last year was rough, but we've seen Stafford come back from a broken collarbone, so it can happen. At 27, and not much mileage on him, he would be worth a 2-3 year contract. Not sure what he's asking for, but I wouldn't pay him a shit ton, we have a few needs.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Golden Tate Mayhew is incompetent in judging offensive skill players! Titus Young, Ryan Broyles, and Mikhel Leshoure are evidence of that!

After getting burned by injury prone Best he is willing to sign another back with injury concerns? The guy just can't help himself with shiny toys.