• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

City with the best football fans?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 231198
if i read right, these guys were consulted as "experts". They at least have some fancy titles. funny thing is, and i didnt look it up.......

Professor's of what for the first two. and Lecturer of what?
Lol... The "Lecturer" looks like the type that picked up a 3-week summertime teaching gig to pay some bills and now he touts himself as a professor.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is stupid as shit. The fact that Miami and Los Angeles are so high makes this invalid. Their stadiums are half-full during their games. Horrible football towns

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@rmilia1

Study: Falcons fans are the drunkest and highest fanbase in the NFL on gameday​

Drugs and alcohol can be used as a coping mechanism.

The only thing rising up at the Mercedes-Benz stadium lately is the collective BAC of the fans. When Dan Quinn was fired up about game day, Falcons fans were firing up some whacky tobacky. Three bad seasons in a row resulted in Atlanta fans cracking open some cold ones with the boys more than any other team in the league. When Lil Jon comes on the loudspeaker and instructs others to get crunk, fans were already there.

At least that is according to a study from Lines who surveyed fans of every NFL team and got these red-eyed and slurred responses from Falcons fans.

Clearly, many fans like to drink and smoke on game day. Atlanta Falcons fans appeared to enjoy it the most – 86% admitted to binge drinking, and 77% reported smoking marijuana while watching games.

Woah! These numbers are high. They are, however, not shocking. The team has been hard to watch. Having to see the Falcons not know they can recover an onside kick could make anyone wan to go and puff the magic dragon. Todd Gurley accidentally scoring a touchdown is enough for a fan to say, hey hey, smoke weed every game day.

Pour up a tall one and check out the in-depth stats.

Drugs and alcohol can be used as a coping mechanism, and it’s fair to suggest it’s not always the healthiest one. It’s a tried-and-true one for many fans, however, and while the numbers may be higher in this survey given its relatively small sample size than it is in the larger fanbase, we see everyone’s comments and tweets by the fourth quarter of close games.

For Falcons fans, it didn’t actually matter if the team was winning or losing. Fans reported drinking more regardless of if the team was winning or losing. That may not make sense without the context you can only have after watching the Falcons for the last few years. Even winning, the expectation is the team will find a way to lose.

Maybe with some better football going forward we will see Atlanta drop down this list.

1618165290532.png

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@rmilia1

The only thing rising up at the Mercedes-Benz stadium lately is the collective BAC of the fans. When Dan Quinn was fired up about game day, Falcons fans were firing up some whacky tobacky. Three bad seasons in a row resulted in Atlanta fans cracking open some cold ones with the boys more than any other team in the league. When Lil Jon comes on the loudspeaker and instructs others to get crunk, fans were already there.

At least that is according to a study from Lines who surveyed fans of every NFL team and got these red-eyed and slurred responses from Falcons fans.

Woah! These numbers are high. They are, however, not shocking. The team has been hard to watch. Having to see the Falcons not know they can recover an onside kick could make anyone wan to go and puff the magic dragon. Todd Gurley accidentally scoring a touchdown is enough for a fan to say, hey hey, smoke weed every game day.

Drugs and alcohol can be used as a coping mechanism, and it’s fair to suggest it’s not always the healthiest one. It’s a tried-and-true one for many fans, however, and while the numbers may be higher in this survey given its relatively small sample size than it is in the larger fanbase, we see everyone’s comments and tweets by the fourth quarter of close games.

For Falcons fans, it didn’t actually matter if the team was winning or losing. Fans reported drinking more regardless of if the team was winning or losing. That may not make sense without the context you can only have after watching the Falcons for the last few years. Even winning, the expectation is the team will find a way to lose.

Maybe with some better football going forward we will see Atlanta drop down this list.

View attachment 268659
Now I know why we had the classiest fans :suds:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Ladanian agrees ... cheers!
I bet before Brady and the winning, we were probably at top of the list. Shity Sullivan/Schaefer stadium and constant losing

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet before Brady and the winning, we were probably at top of the list. Shity Sullivan/Schaefer stadium and constant losing
We did wait and struggle a long time. I got hooked on the Patriots probably later than you. We were doing statistics in high school to prove what a great QB Grogan was ... hero type adoration, we were young puppies...

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any city whose band will not dismiss themselves after the team relocates has to be at the top of the list.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@rmilia1

View attachment 268659
Well.... if your tean blew 20 pt leads like mone you'd be drunk and high too

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't day drink, so usually have to get through Panthers game sober.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when you consider what race 77 of Atlanta fans are ... then it seems low
You guys have had some heart breaking moments. What about the one against the Broncos (was it?). We were coming down the mountain after skiing and watched that game in a dump bar in Sacramento on the way home. Gotta love the game, didn’t even care who won, but was a SB. Some habits die hard.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Gamecock games is excruciating sober. And if you're bad in the SEC, they put you in the noon slot. :L
As you gain mileage on your body, you will learn that any game starting after 3:30 is a late game unless you only watch the first half. Soon after that, a nap is necessary before the 3:30 game. If your team wins games the way we do, you will be snorting blood pressure pills. During the Miracle at Jordan-Hare I learned that you needed to crush those damn things or the lisinopril will get stuck in your nose and take days to dissolve. I thought it was a nasal suppository ...

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interview roughly 50 fans per team

My only take away is a lot fans lie about how much they drink or smoke