• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cin @ Baltimore Predictions

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed always had a knack for picking Palmer's pocket, though Carson did own the Ravens while he was here.......

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how healthy Reed is.... He had significant neck issues last year and into the offseason and then had a stinger against Jacksonville. The guy is already on record saying he wasn't going to have surgery to continue to play - He'd rather retire and have a life after football. I just wonder if we are nearing the end of his greatness.

That said, I fully expect to see him pick us off this week!

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Reed always had a knack for picking Palmer's pocket, though Carson did own the Ravens while he was here.......

Is that really saying anything?

What concerns me is we've been in the habit of breaking streaks of late.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like your offense just got a reprieve with ray Lewis not playing. Marshy Lynch must have seriously fucked up the old man last weekend.

23-20 Bengals

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given a choice, I'd rather Green play, and Lewis play.....

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe Green will be there on the active roster, but not take many snaps.

maybe a few on third down or the goal line.

if he can peddle the bike, then he can walk 10 yards and jump on one foot.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given a choice, I'd rather Green play, and Lewis play.....

You crazy, bro. Ray is the heart and soul of that team. Any game he misses is a huge psychological win for their opponent.

I do agree about Green, though. That kid is scary.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You crazy, bro. Ray is the heart and soul of that team. Any game he misses is a huge psychological win for their opponent.

I do agree about Green, though. That kid is scary.

With Green out, our receivers don't scare anyone.....I think Green could make enough plays to offset Ray's production....you saw how generic our offense became last week after Green left......

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Green out, our receivers don't scare anyone.....I think Green could make enough plays to offset Ray's production....you saw how generic our offense became last week after Green left......

True, but at least your offense now has the opportunity to game-plan as if they won't have Green. Managing in-game without your most explosive offensive weapon is different than having a week to prepare.

As for the Ravens... Lewis is that defense. He calls the shots, out there. They also have the chance to prepare without him, but Lewis is such an instinctive player. His expected absence will loom large.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but at least your offense now has the opportunity to game-plan as if they won't have Green. Managing in-game without your most explosive offensive weapon is different than having a week to prepare.

As for the Ravens... Lewis is that defense. He calls the shots, out there. They also have the chance to prepare without him, but Lewis is such an instinctive player. His expected absence will loom large.

I just don't know who we throw to, besides Gresham......any effectiveness we get from Simpson or Caldwell comes from Green's presence on the other side.....I know Ray's absence is large, I just hope we can figure a way to take advantage....I really think Ngata is the key to their defense now.....he makes mediocre linebackers much better by taking the double teams nearly every play.....we can win though, because our defense has always done well vs Flacco......the Ravens have only averaged 11ppg in our last four games, and Flacco's quarterback ratings in those four have ranged from a high of 70.1 all the way down to 23.8...........

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Friday morning Ravens middle linebacker Ray Lewis was ruled out of the game. When Lewis missed both games against the Bengals in 2005, the Bengals swept the Ravens and got a 114-yard game and 97-yard game from running back Rudi Johnson.

This is an exerpt from Bengals.com on Lewis' impending absence this Sunday....my first reaction is "is it too late to sign Rudi Johnson for this game?"

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The aspect that impresses me the most about your Bengals is that defense. They harassed the ever-living shit out of Roethlisberger, sacked him 5 times, and hurried him all game long. And it didn't ever look like you guys were bringing any more than four or five guys. I was very impressed. Plus, Cinci stops the run very, very well.

Your point on Ngata is well received. Haloti is the best DT in the NFL, today. Problem is that position is very one dimensional from an explosiveness standpoint. You can run away from him, throw over him, chip him, double-team him. It makes it harder to do that to a linebacker or a guy in the secondary. That's why I say the loss of Lewis is big. Lewis calls the defense, he lines up his tackles and ends pre-snap, and ray is great at sniffing out plays at the LOS. Probably does it better than any other linebacker in the AFCN.

No doubt about it, the Bengals have a very legit chance, on Sunday. Balto. missing ray makes it an even greater possibility.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was without our best pass rusher, too....Dunlap only has three sacks, but 25+ ( don't remember the exact number) quarterback pressures...he was really missed last week.....hopefully he's ready to go Sunday, because Flacco is even more susceptible to pressure than Ben.....he doesn't have Ben's escapablility or his ability to make big plays on the run out of the pocket....

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

They're going to be able to play a lot of man coverage and move Reed around all day to maximize effectiveness and try to confuse Dalton. Green being out is huge.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Ravens -7

Just like our chances at home, without Ray too.

Shocking that Crav would be picking a Baltimore win. That never happens.:confused2: