• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cin @ Baltimore Predictions

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Erroneous

You claim the bengals seldom score...that does not matter. AJ green has 6 of their 15 recieveing TDs and 6 of their 19 overall offensive TDs (They also have 2 defensive Tds and 1 return td)

so...Green alone accounts for 40% of their passing Tds and almost 30% of their Total Tds

But ya, you are right...they will just throw to the tight end more if he is out.

Honestly, try and understand football if you gonna try and act like you know anything

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baltimore-17
Cincinnati-10

I think defense plays well no matter what, and offense struggles with or without green. I just can't see us winning this one...Then again, it seems the Bengals always win when they aren't expected, and lose when they're expected to win. We'll see...

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Green is a big part of our offense, but with him out, it just means we'll use the TE more. We've been right around 20 ppg on offense this season, so it's not like we've relied heavily on him to move the chains (moreso this) or put those seldom points on the board.

No, but he's demands coverage. Baltimore will feel a lot safer having the safeties free to make plays with Green off the field. If I'm Baltimore, I'm going to have to double Green. I'm OK with leaving Simpson and Caldwell 1-on-1 and letting Reed move around.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erroneous

You claim the bengals seldom score...that does not matter. AJ green has 6 of their 15 recieveing TDs and 6 of their 19 overall offensive TDs (They also have 2 defensive Tds and 1 return td)

so...Green alone accounts for 40% of their passing Tds and almost 30% of their Total Tds

But ya, you are right...they will just throw to the tight end more if he is out.

Honestly, try and understand football if you gonna try and act like you know anything

parallel universe time... where flamingrey is a homer and crashdavis says we're going to lose.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Erroneous

As I have told you before, "dig deeper".

Notice how I prefaced all my thoughts with "Green is a big part of our offense". The only thing you've done is prove this. Thanks.

Then, also notice how I followed that preface up with 2 thoughts, both of which were qualified ("not...heavily"), while explicitly putting more emphasis ("moreso") on the first. Therefore, implying while Green DOES have a large role in the offense, the impact of losing him will not be as great as his role is and has been.

Furthermore, this is as dynamic an offensive scheme as we've seen in Cincinnati in a long time. Does it take advantage of the best player on the offense? Absolutely. This is why Green gets most of the looks and especially in the redzone. But it is not predicated on any single player. They showed this against the Steelers. Despite Green going out in the 1st quarter and not having an alternative game plan, they still managed to move up and down the field against the best defense we've faced all season.

Lastly, the fact that this offense "seldom" scores DOES matter. The fact that we don't rely on getting into shoot outs but only aggressively put up as many points as needed only further diminishes the importance of our overall offense's impact on our record. Hence, Green's overall impact.

Last edited by a moderator:

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
We're unbeatable at home, AJ is a game time decision, no Hall. Its going to get ugly

27-10 Ravens.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes thrown for 2400 yards already, easier said than done there doug..I hope Zimmer uses this mentality

Check out his off games cravn....there are plenty.....you'll see that defenses are doing exactly that to him.....they guy has a big arm, and is reasonably accurate, but has shown little interest in reading progressions.....the Bengals have done this to him before......now the matchup I don't like is our offense sans Green against your defense, and I have little confidence in Benson's ability to establish the run strongly enough on his own....

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
3 off games, Im not worried..and according to the standings, Bengals arent in the lesser category this year.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading yesterday (I don't remember where) that the Ravens have destroyed teams playing 3-4 and have struggled against teams playing the 4-3. Flacco has mostly struggled against our 4-3 in the prior years as well. Not sure why they have difficulties, but I thought it was interesting.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not T.Smith that worries me. Simply put a CB on him, and double over top with a safety.

Clements is smart enough and big enough to match up with Boldin.

It's their TE's that worry me. Both of them are big, fast, and physical in the passing game. With the Bengals history of covering TE's, it's going to be a big play by a TE that opens the game up for the Ravens.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that "Bazooka Joe" or whatever it is that you call him is 26th in passing this season. The light sure is coming on for him.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice, two first round left tackles, good tight ends, and a guy that used to run a #1 offense in San Diego. Moreover, he always has a top 5 D and a good special teams unit. I guess there was a reason he couldn't win the job at Pitt.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, he has raised his completion % all the way up to 54%, so that's something.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He has Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice, two first round left tackles, good tight ends, and a guy that used to run a #1 offense in San Diego. Moreover, he always has a top 5 D and a good special teams unit. I guess there was a reason he couldn't win the job at Pitt.

Flacco is the worst thing that could have happened to the Ravens. They'll never lose enough games to question whether they should find a new QB and he'll have enough good games (against bad teams) to keep buying himself time.

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Flacco is the worst thing that could have happened to the Ravens. They'll never lose enough games to question whether they should find a new QB and he'll have enough good games (against bad teams) to keep buying himself time.

You have it backwards, he has bad games vs bad teams

Joe went 45-76 4td's no picks vs the #2 D in the league

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side, they made a nice little smiley of him on sports SportsHoopla.

:burt: