• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Church and Mo

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extra Points: Cowboys Lose Church & Claiborne To “Concerning” Injuries
Extra Points: Cowboys Lose Church & Claiborne To “Concerning” Injuries
Monday, October 31, 2016 2:36 AM CDT

ARLINGTON, Texas – They got a crucial division win, but it sounds like the Cowboys are coping with some injuries in the secondary coming out of Sunday’s game against Philadelphia.

Barry Church left the game at the midway point and underwent X-Rays in the Cowboys’ locker room, eventually being ruled out for the night. Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones told reporters after the game that Church had fractured his arm, and owner/general manager Jerry Jones echoed that sentiment.

Church broke his arm last December in a loss to Buffalo, prematurely ending his 2015 season by one week.

“I’m a little concerned about that,” Jerry Jones said. “We’ll have some more medical information for it, but I am concerned about his short-term time with it. We could be dealing with a possible fracture.”

Later on, Morris Claiborne suffered a groin injury at the tail end of the fourth quarter and did not return. It was the second-straight game with an injury for Claiborne, who also suffered a concussion two weeks ago in Green Bay.

Jerry Jones said the situation bears further monitoring, but it is concerning.

“We’re concerned about it, because it’s his groin area – not a ham,” he said. “But still we’re concerned because he didn’t play out the last part of the fourth quarter. We’ll take a look at it.”

Fortunately for the Cowboys, they have some depth to work with if the injuries turn out to be serious. J.J. Wilcox and Jeff Heath filled in admirably for Church, while Orlando Scandrick returned from injury Sunday night and played admirably.

Wilcox, Heath, Scandrick and rookie corner Anthony Brown would likely be the primary candidates to replace the injured starters.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we have to wait and see.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One or other wouldn't be so bad, but both means Jeff Heath finds the field:hope:

If Scandrick is healthy we slide Brown in for Mo

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heath is a special teams guy but not a on the field all the time guy

speddy recovery to mo and church

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a torn groin for Mo. Fingers crossed that it's a strain, tear would do it for the season. Two guys playing real well
:gaah:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought I would say this - honestly - but man, we really can't afford to lose Mo. He has been balling out this year.

Please Lord, don't let it be serious.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a torn groin for Mo. Fingers crossed that it's a strain, tear would do it for the season. Two guys playing real well
:gaah:
Or sports hernia

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope mo comes back. finally playing like a 1st rounder and then this happens.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will drive down his free agency price, but it is the same thing every year with MO. When we need him, he ain't there. He is just injury prone. I want guys on the field late in the season or for the playoffs when it counts!!! Church or MO are just not it.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I see Heath out there trying to cover Steeler receivers, I'm gonna kill myself.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course pig Ben will be back.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully the 'boys make some kind of move between now and 4pm tomorrow

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys CB Morris Claiborne Facing “Prolonged Absence” Due To Sports Hernia
Nate Bouda 4 hours ago Cowboys 0 Comments

Todd Archer of ESPN reports that Cowboys CB Morris Claiborne is facing a “prolonged absence” after he suffered a sports hernia during Sunday’s win over the Eagles.

According to Archer, surgery is a possibility for Claiborne but this wouldn’t necessarily end his 2016 season. Although, it’s possible Dallas would place him on injured reserve if he ends up needing surgery.

Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said Monday that Claiborne is “still in the diagnosis stage.”

We’re still in the diagnosis stage,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan, via the Dallas Morning News. “He hasn’t been diagnosed for sure with a sports hernia, but we’re certainly looking at it. We’ll make that diagnosis here over the next day or so.

Claiborne, 26, is a former first-round pick of the Cowboys back in 2012. He played out his rookie contract with Dallas before returning to the team on a one-year, $3 million back in March.

Claiborne will be an unrestricted free agent next year.

In 2016, Claiborne has appeared in seven games for the Cowboys and recorded 26 tackles, one interception, a fumble recovery, and five pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 8 cornerback out of 118 qualifying players.

We’ll have more regarding Claiborne as the news is available.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys S Barry Church Expected To Miss 3-5 Weeks With Fractured Arm
Nate Bouda 5 hours ago Cowboys 0 Comments

Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said Monday that S Barry Church has fractured his arm and is expected to be out three to five weeks, via Dallas Morning News.

This is actually somewhat good news for the Cowboys, as there was a fear that Church’s injury could require surgery.

Church, 28, wound up signing on with the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent out of Toledo back 2010. He’s currently in the final year of his five-year, $12.94 million contract that includes $3.8 million guaranteed and will be an unrestricted free agent next year.

In 2016, Church has appeared in seven games for the Cowboys and recorded 45 tackles, two interceptions, a forced fumble and three pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 17 safety out of 89 qualifying players.

We’ll have more regarding Church as the news is available.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
Cowboys S Barry Church and CB Morris Claiborne both suffered potentially significant injuries during Sunday night’s win over the Eagles.

I’m a little concerned about that,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said of Church’s forearm injury. “We will have a little more medical information, but I am concerned about it short term.

Claiborne injured his groin and is scheduled to undergo an MRI Monday to determine the severity.

“As of right now, I don’t know,” Claiborne said, via the Star-Telegram. “I’ll find out more about it tomorrow, so right now I don’t know. I know I pulled up on it and came out of the game. Right now, I’m walking, and we’ll figure out what it is tomorrow.”

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to see Claiborne hurt again, but I'm not surprised. This dude can't get a break. He's without question been a bright spot on this team and one of our best defenders. I'm one of his harshest critics on this board. He's changed my opinion over the last several weeks. Hopefully the Cowboys can offer him a cap friendly Salary this of season and keep him.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope church a speedy recovery. I thought he was having a solid year. This is a guy who IMO out plays his own talent year after year. I think church is a glue guy and makes this team tougher. I hope this defense doesn't take a big step backwards.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing the Cowboys make a move using a 4th or 5th rounder to bring in a talented pass rusher or cover guy that a team whose season is over just wants to shed salary, but I wouldn't make the bigger deals using a #1, even if it brought in a guy like Joe Haden or Sheldon Richardson. If you look at the last 6-7 Cowboys 1st round picks, those things are GOLD around here...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if both are back this season,,,Maybe not horrible. Not to get cocky, but at 6-1 we should be able to make the playoffs. If both are back by then...that's when the real season starts.